Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@Hameedeh So what do l do for Threads l only add-to about once a month?

Brother, go to your profile and click on the button "See my activity" and see what is there. To see only posts, click on Posts. To find your own topics, click on Topics. You can also click on Blog Entries or Blog Comments to see your past participation there. All your content is on your own profile. :) 

2 hours ago, Laayla said:

I feel the same way.  Very isolated.  I'm trying to stay positive, but no one is hearing my calls.

This is a horrible flood system.

Sister, your profile comment was answered:

For desktop, the category list is on the left side. You put a checkmark on the forum(s) you want to see, and the topics automatically load. That's it. 

For mobile, the same menu is accessed from the "Showing topics from all forums" button at the top above the Start New Topic. You likewise checkmark the forums and those topics automatically show up. 

On 12/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, notme said:

There really aren't enough hours in a day to do all the things I want to do. 

I fear the moment of my death when I think of all the things I should have done but I got busy doing other things, things that will be meaningless and hold no value after that moment has passed, which one of my deeds will speak for me when the time comes?

A very nice video for my brothers and sisters:

Yesterday a friend of a friend, a man in his prime with wife and child, passed away from cancer.

Yesterday a friend of a friend, a women giving birth, died while giving birth, she leaves behind a husband, a young child and a newborn child.

Please recite al-Fatiha for them and send a salawat! InshaAllah on the day you of your death people you did not know will pray for you as well!

Two shia Muslim were martyred in an attack at shia mosque in Islamabad. 

One died at the spot and  the other died in hospital. This happened few days back on No 29, 2017. 

The link provides the news.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/gunmen-attack-shiite-mosque-pakistan-kill-wound-51458095

A sura fateha is  also requested for the martyrs.

Edited by skyweb1987

13 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

@Hameedeh Why the sad face.?

Look at your previous post. A lot of words misspelled. 

25 minutes ago, wolverine said:

You're welcome, no problem.

10 hours ago, Sumerian said:

There may be truth to the Earth only being 6000 years old.

Sure..... ?

All evidence indicates otherwise, but ya never know amirite.

What brings this up? 

10 hours ago, Sumerian said:

We had 120,000 prophets on earth, if the earth was only 6000 years old then there would have been 28 different Prophets every single year. I find that hard to believe.

Guest silasun

Somebody please do my coursework for me. It's giving me brain tumours. :helpsos:

And I don't even study nuclear engineering, man.

:furious:

2 hours ago, Zarla said:

Why does SC look so

Welcome back, Sister! The new layout is discussed here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235054555-new-layout-experiment/

5 hours ago, Hassan- said:

We had 120,000 prophets on earth, if the earth was only 6000 years old then there would have been 28 different Prophets every single year. I find that hard to believe.

You also have to consider that there were prophets in every single nation. as mentioned in the Holy Quran. There could have been a messenger/prophet at China, while another one at Arabia, another one near South America, one in Australia, etc..

Edited by Hussaini624

13 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Thanks sister for mentioning me with us.

My well wishes to the brothers and sisters on this beautiful and joyous day, the birthday of our beloved prophet of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى Muhammad (S) and to the birthday of our beloved 6th Imam, from which our shia jafari school is named after, Imam Jafar as-Sadiq(as)!

Please take this time to further increase your knowledge of the two in honor of them and please make duas for your brothers and sisters and to the Imam of our time (ajf)!

sms-5342.jpg

Biography of the holy Prophet(S):

Biography of imam Sadiq(As):

Regarding celebration of the birthday of Rasulullah(S):

Any Capricorn-ions here? This is the horoscope for the month of December. How can you not feel worried or scared after reading this? What's going to happen on Dec 19? 

Get ready to stretch your muscles, Capricorn, because you're about to embark on a personal marathon that will require every ounce of your endurance, flexibility, and commitment.

Saturn, your ruling planet of discipline and maturity, will enter your sign on December 19 -- the first time in nearly 29 years! Read that sentence again, Cappy, and allow its magnitude to take hold. You're about to walk into one of the most significant phases of your entire life. Will it be easy? No. Will it be worth it? Absolutely.

Here's the deal. With Saturn moving into your sign and remaining there through December 2020, you're about to embark on a journey that truly tests your mettle in terms of personal goals and ambitions. At several points over the next couple of years, you'll willingly assume new and sometimes daunting responsibilities that will remind you just how much you can carry as you climb up your personal mountain of life success. For some, this will be a time of real initiation into adulthood, which may include getting married, having a baby, or making significant career strides. For others, it'll be a time of personal revelation where you need to come to terms with certain limitations in a realistic and mature fashion.

You might also struggle with overcoming any fear of success and/or fear of failure that you've had over the years. Work through it, and remember to stretch. When you feel yourself becoming too rigid, you know it's time to lighten up.

Happily, Saturn rules Capricorn, so you might feel more like yourself than you have in quite some time while going through this transit. And yes, you will certainly have something significant to show for it once Saturn moves on. Why? Because you're about to earn your keep. For real.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:10 AM, Sumerian said:

I am not a scientist, but I do see scientific items that are interesting. :D 

Earlier this year, astronomers discovered a bright radio source known as a quasar that lay over 13 billion light-years away. Because of the time it takes for light to travel, they were able to see quasar ULAS J1120+0641 as it was almost 13 billion years ago, when the universe was only 772 million years old.

https://www.space.com/18773-distant-black-hole-quasar-early-universe.html

Guest silasun
21 hours ago, beardedbaker said:

You won't finish your coursework whilst chatting in SC

Bah. Less is more sometimes. My brain tumours would have turned into craters if it wasn't for my breaks.

Now go and bug another student.

#insensitive

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

I am not a scientist, but I do see scientific items that are interesting. :D 

https://www.space.com/18773-distant-black-hole-quasar-early-universe.html

Sister Hameedah: Good comment, dear sister: Science is the study of nature; and of course: Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى created Nature! So Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى knows best! I'm an ex-student of research Science.

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

My well wishes to the brothers and sisters on this beautiful and joyous day, the birthday of our beloved prophet of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى Muhammad (S) and to the birthday of our beloved 6th Imam, from which our shia jafari school is named after, Imam Jafar as-Sadiq(as)!

Please take this time to further increase your knowledge of the two in honor of them and please make duas for your brothers and sisters and to the Imam of our time (ajf)!

sms-5342.jpg

Biography of the holy Prophet(S):

Biography of imam Sadiq(As):

Regarding celebration of the birthday of Rasulullah(S):

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

Happy you like it brother, there is a whole series on the biography of all twelve imams(as) by him, have a look. He has many different lectures on different topics as well.

Will do, Brother Ibn Sina; thanks so much, once again.