Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

No, I was referencing the single nafl after Isha performed while sitting that many people who otherwise don't get the opportunity to offer recommended prayers perform, in addition to Salah al-Ghufaylah. I can see why my post could've been misunderstood, though.

Your point regarding it not being a nafilah is interesting, though, because I always thought that this was a blanket term for describing all highly-recommended prayers. I thought that the book I received also grouped it in the same category (as it has lengthy sections comprised of traditions extolling the virtues of nafl prayers despite being solely about al-Ghufaylah), but upon closer inspection, it also throws in this jurisprudential caveat:

20171113_005537.thumb.jpg.b72a994783eeb35e9b29b8571b04dab6.jpg

The 'combining' mentioned in Point 5 is what I'm referring to.

 

20171113_005515.jpg

Maybe I should have been specific and called it "daily nawafil". I do not know if all recommended prayers can be called nawafil, but you might be correct in this regard.

But the combination argument is not correct, as Salat Al-Layl can also be combined with Fajr nafila.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ashura procession today in London.

Fight, whenever required, to defend the cause of Allah. When you think of defending the cause of Allah do not be afraid that people will laugh at you, censure your action or slander you. Fearlessly an

Iraqis are the nicest people I have met! So humble, polite and hospitable.Every single time I have been to the harem since yesterday some random iraqi woman, usually old, will come to me smile,say sal

Posted Images

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Are you serious?

This is absolutely disgusting and I feel ashamed to to know that someone who beats their chest for the oppressed Hussein(as) also beats their chest for the biggest oppressors of our day.

How on earth does your brain function? Do you not know that the truth is with the oppressed, have your religion not thought you to stand with the oppressed?

This is so disgusting I can not even describe it.

Countless ulemas, scholars, some of our biggest ones and countless politically and historically aware individuals have condemn the extremist zionist ideology, including several jewish ones, such as Dr. Finkelstein and many orthodox jews.

It's not his video. He's joking... or lying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, E.L King said:

Maybe I should have been specific and called it "daily nawafil". I do not know if all recommended prayers can be called nawafil, but you might be correct in this regard.

But the combination argument is not correct, as Salat Al-Layl can also be combined with Fajr nafila.

How to say the nawafil intention in the salat? Same than the regular ones instead of saying wajib?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators

Words For Posterity (c) Haji 2017 

You travel in a first class seat, but your connecting flight has no first, so you sit in business. You get to experience the same feelings as Cinderella did at midnight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Words For Posterity (c) Haji 2017 

You travel in a first class seat, but your connecting flight has no first, so you sit in business. You get to experience the same feelings as Cinderella did at midnight.

can't afford to travel first class. you got any hookups? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
25 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

can't afford to travel first class

Neither can I. But if someone insists and will claw back the budget if I don't, then I'm not going to deprive myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
13 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Are you serious?

This is absolutely disgusting and I feel ashamed to to know that someone who beats their chest for the oppressed Hussein(as) also beats their chest for the biggest oppressors of our day.

How on earth does your brain function? Do you not know that the truth is with the oppressed, have your religion not thought you to stand with the oppressed?

This is so disgusting I can not even describe it.

Countless ulemas, scholars, some of our biggest ones and countless politically and historically aware individuals have condemn the extremist zionist ideology, including several jewish ones, such as Dr. Finkelstein and many orthodox jews.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Dear brother,

@Ali_Hussain is pulling your leg. :)

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Dear brother,

@Ali_Hussain is pulling your leg. :)

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

When muslims ban other muslims from condemning oppressors then seeing muslims supporting oppressors would be the natural next step.

I pray for the hastening!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 13/11/2017 at 4:45 AM, Dhulfikar said:

How to say the nawafil intention in the salat? Same than the regular ones instead of saying wajib?

I believe it isn't obligatory to verbalize your niyyah. As long as you know (in your mind) what salah you're praying and why, you don't have to recite a specific set of words out loud.

It's a common misconception that you have to say something in Arabic before you start praying as your 'intention' (although there's no harm in doing so).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators

If I want to delete the emails in my spam folder because they are spam, why does yahoo ask me if I am sure that I want to do this? It's maddening. :dry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:44 AM, E.L King said:

Such things like "marriage" websites and apps only lead to corruption on Earth and and allows transgression of Allah to flourish in the land.

l do know of a few couples where marriage sites worked out well for them. Yeeeaahhh, if it is truthful l have to admit it. :cry:pre-burst into tears"

The sites do provide a nice screening, time saving way of messing your life up. ".:grin:Had to get a jab in, someway".

The dating sites are what you are confusing into these sites.  One big warning is that it is a way for girls to get out of a "bad" reputation. Another problem is these sites have too many check-the-'correct'-box options. No way for people to express themselves in their own idiom.

Another problem is there is little-to-no-way of assessing day-to-day compatibility.

Here is one of my favorite true stories from 40+ years ago. A friend of mine who grew up with very little married a girl whose father owned a furniture factory and a small string of stores. [Can you anticipate this?] So one day she sends him to the store. He finds this different brand of toilet tissue on sale and it is 1 cent --yes, $0.01-- cheaper than  the brand she wants!

So three days later l go over to their place. They are still fighting over that penny of expense.

So she asks me what l think. l ask what started this. He tells me. Her position is: this was only one penny. As l said at the time -and as whimpish as it sounds- l had to agree with both of them. ln short, she had a Masters in Home Economics and he is a tightwad like me. The resolution was in the amount of tissue lost by "saving" one penny. She started clipping coupons and stuff that she learned from him and he learned to spend-money-to save-money-in-the-long-run.

A 3 Day Fight :furious::brucelee:

This is a delayed posting from 15Nov/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

16Nov17

:furious: "l am so disgusted l could just scream."

:dwarf:"Aaahhhhhhhhhhh"

A Leonardo was sold for $400,000,000 plus $50,000,000 in commission to Southerbies.

Why not send some of that to Yemen and a few other places.

_S2_Yemen-famine.jpg 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
On 11/12/2017 at 3:17 PM, hasanhh said:

l like working holidays.

I have a Muslim relative who always works on Christmas Day. He said this always makes someone else really happy, that they can have the day off to be with their family. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators

The Important Questions ANSWERED thread was updated. The question this week: What is the most hopeful verse in the Holy Qur'an? 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235042512-important-questions-answered/?do=findComment&comment=3097378

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, E.L King said:

I'm thinking of buying a new pair of shoes that are worth $600 (AU). 

After that I can focus on getting new watches and chains and possibly a new ring too. 

Wow, I thought my kid was bad with his $100 shoes! 

Well if it gives you joy and you aren't hurting anyone by it, go for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
14 hours ago, E.L King said:

I'm thinking of buying a new pair of shoes that are worth $600 (AU). 

After that I can focus on getting new watches and chains and possibly a new ring too. 

So the work life's paying off...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Please brothers and sisters pray for my sick aunt and iA the believers will pray for you in your time of need as well!

Done. 

May her recovery be swift and complete inshaAllah, and her family be comforted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, notme said:

Done. 

May her recovery be swift and complete inshaAllah, and her family be comforted. 

Thank you and thank you everyone who prayed for her, I ask you all to please intensify your prayers for her, we received news today that she has developed cancer unfortunately and she is the mother of a young daughter :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...