Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Women getting oppressed, people obsessed with looks and superficial things, making fun of people with disabilities. Men and women who are clearly in relationships, claiming they are just friends and using other people to make each other jealous, married men having one affair after another. 

And only shia people do this?

You said that shia people are mean. Do you know every shia person on earth?

You are using very big sweeping generalizations in your judgement and it makes it very inaccurate.

Is your judgement a logical judgement or an emotional judgement?

For example, according to your judgement, if I accept Imam Ali as as the rightful successor to the Prophet(S), that would make me a mean person, does this sound logical to you?

3 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

12 A.C's on all day

Let's all recite a bawaze buland salawat for whoever pays the electricity bill in your house.

18 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I don't understand this?

The image has a negative meaning. The gold necklace that the husband is putting on his wife's neck looks lovely but once she accepts the jewelry and the marriage, she has been chained to him forever. The other image shows it is really a rope or noose around her neck and there is a teardrop falling from her eye. If it was from the man's point of view, the wife would be putting the necktie on him and tightening it up. Maybe the artist is anti-marriage?

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

^^^lt doesn't look like a rope of chain to me, but like a rubber hose or a lab tube.

That's possible. If we knew the artist we might figure out more about the art. 

10 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

You should come and live in my house. 12 A.C's on all day it's literally torture for me and I'm the only one in the household who feels like this so it's them against me! 

In my apartment I get so cold I wear a jacket and gloves. They pity me and turn the air conditioner off until I take off the jacket and gloves. :D  

A fixture of all online discussions. How many times have you seen this? 

Two people arguing, quoting each other, addressing each other, with some points commented on and others ignored. What does this mean? That those particular points have been conceded? Or is it desire to have the last word that they aim for the lowest hanging fruit, and only respond to the points that are easiest and most advantageous to address? Then the "inconvenient" points are forgotten and buried in obscurity? Or maybe they simply don't have the knowledge to counter them or the humility to accept them?

And of course when someone raises a point, then claims later the responder didn't address it properly, which the responder claims they did. Who has the final verdict?

9 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

In my apartment I get so cold I wear a jacket and gloves. They pity me and turn the air conditioner off until I take off the jacket and gloves. :D  

My mother is like that - always cold even when everyone else is warm. Her house doesn't even have air conditioning. But in winter she keeps the heat set at 60F to keep bills low! 

Edited by notme
Added units for clarity.

9 hours ago, Reza said:

What does this mean? That those particular points have been conceded? Or is it desire to have the last word that they aim for the lowest hanging fruit, and only respond to the points that are easiest and most advantageous to address? Then the "inconvenient" points are forgotten and buried in obscurity? Or maybe they simply don't have the knowledge to counter them or the humility to accept them?

All of these are possible, or it's also possible that the two conversationalists have different ideas about which points are important, and each try to steer the conversation the way they think it should go? 

@IbnSina I will reply you tomorrow.

Thoughts: Right now I am exhausted after fighting whole weekend. Why do people enjoy fighting and arguing so much? Every time I start having a conversation with any of my family members, we end up fighting. So I avoid any conversations. They also fight with each other but they don't mind it. One hour they are fighting, next hour they are having a regular conversation and they keep going for hours. I get more tired in two days of weekend than 5 week days. I want to stay outside but then I feel I need to be at home to protect my mother. 

Yesterday my 8 year old and 5 year old nieces were playing 'fighting', they were running after each other and hitting each other . I yelled at them that 'fighting is not a game. Good kids don't fight with each other for fun'. Do girls really like to play by fighting? I thought only boys like those kind of games. 

Having things is difficult: I've got a $10 Amazon ebook credit that's going to expire in 10 days, and I can't decide which book or books I want! If the credit weren't expiring, I wouldn't buy any right now, I have enough. I've got a "want to read" list of about 200 books, but my "want to read right now" list is significantly shorter.

4 hours ago, notme said:

Having things is difficult: I've got a $10 Amazon ebook credit that's going to expire in 10 days, and I can't decide which book or books I want! If the credit weren't expiring, I wouldn't buy any right now, I have enough. I've got a "want to read" list of about 200 books, but my "want to read right now" list is significantly shorter.

buy me something lol....

I have too many thoughts: today I found out that commercial pilots get paid $30,000 to >$100,000. I am shocked; their job is so stressful. Your life is at risk and you are responsible for so many other lives and the pay is only $30,000? I always assumed that pilots get paid more than $100,000. Why do people choose to become pilots if they don't get high pay? 

l was watching this program on elephant migrations.

These allegedly "intelligent" biologists were driving around in these flimsy vehicles.

l thought, "l'd drive around in a tank"(APCs lack the rigidity necessary to withstand the pounding and pushing by pachyderms).

OK. l'II remove the main gun.