Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

7 hours ago, Reza said:

The human mind ...

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. 

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deson't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Thought: So what happens when you do not know a word?

How do you "sound it out' ?

How do you find it in the dictionary --or is it dctonray?

Is it possible that young people can determine the time of death of old people? I have noticed that old people are very scared of my hitler like sister. They are so obedient and respectful towards her. Is this why parents interfere in their children's marriages so much? Insisting on marrying one person? 

My ex-husband told me many times that he had saved my grandfather's life. He only gave him ride couple of times to hospital for regular visits. If he didn't give a ride, my grandfather could have used a cab. When my ex said that he saved my grandfather's life, I just thought it was usual bluffing of an arrogant person but what if it was not bluffing? Why do people treat a person like saint when that person doesn't care about religion at all and openly commit sins?

If someone tells you that you can prolong your parents' lives by remaining married to an evil and abusive person, what will be your choice? 

Edited by rkazmi33

55 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

If someone tells you that you can prolong your parents' lives by remaining married to an evil and abusive person, what will be your choice? 

I dont think being married to an evil and abusive person can save your parents life and if any parent would ask something of that than its not permissible to listen to them. Obeying parents is correct but if parents are misguided and are calling to wrong things than obeying them is haram in those aspects and should not be done.

Guest silasun

£400m...for Buckingham Palace but no money for poor people's fire alarms'

DCdT-tzXYAQ1lhn.jpg

11 hours ago, silasun said:

£400m...for Buckingham Palace but no money for poor people's fire alarms'

Isn't a multimillion$ extension going on in Kensington Palace too?

one of the worst and best feelings at the same time is when realizing that something you preached turns out to be wrong. It is the best because it is motivational and inspiring like a light just went on. The chest and heart rejoice. It is the worst because of the fear of God that one could have misled people and that one becomes aware of ones own vulnerability to iblis. The question arises: if i was wrong about this one while being so sure, then how about everything else? A type of uncertainty arises that feels like the bricks have fallen down and need to be rebuilt. Quickly catch up on what one has learned anew and make alterations wherever one can. Of course ones pride also is a victim, but that is good for modesty i guess.

I have just made two such revelations this morning, and I am not even 100% of it, but it's still a horrible feeling, yet so exciting. The Yin and Yang of life. Gratefulness with patience, and the ebb and flow. Only the God of Mohamed can save me and forgive me my mighty sins.

Guest silasun
7 hours ago, starlight said:

Isn't a multimillion$ extension going on in Kensington Palace too?

I'm not sure... these people aren't exactly known for their zuhd lol

I must travel to Iran, to Mashhad. I feel trapped, held back, like Agent Smith trapped in his "zoo". I have a vow to fulfill since 2001 to visit the shrine of Imam Ridha (as). I dreamt of it and saw the shrine in my dream, and I saw that two very aggressive zombies, a male and a female are after me. I cut off the arm of the male but then the female joins the fight and I have to flee. I take a cab to a mosque nearby where there is this old man sitting on a chair and he tells me he knows whats following me and only visiting Mashhad will send them away. They keep finding and chasing me until I travel all the way to Mashhad, to make the dream short.

I have made a new passport for it. But I want someone to accompany me to Iran and go by airplane. I ALWAYS keep forgetting about getting the visa and getting this thing done. Its been several years. :(((

No one can not prolong one's life even if one stays married to someone.The have only come across sayings that tell one's life will be prolonged if one does Sulhe Rahm but it has no consequences for your relatives just for one doing Sulhe Rahm.

Mostly people respect those who are like ones you described because they would not  the headache that follows arguing with person who bosses other people around.

22 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

one of the worst and best feelings at the same time is when realizing that something you preached turns out to be wrong. It is the best because it is motivational and inspiring like a light just went on. The ...

Everyone has educational moments like this.

A way to avoid it is contained here:

Everyone "knows" what they "think", but about never WHY they "think" what they do. lf you asked them "why" or "how" their answer is usually some popular dribble.

So, know "why", even if it is tentative.

10 hours ago, peace4alltheworld said:

No one can not prolong one's life even if one stays married to someone.The have only come across sayings that tell one's life will be prolonged if one does Sulhe Rahm but it has no consequences for your relatives just for one doing Sulhe Rahm.

The idea is mankind is supposed to go through some amount of pain. It can happen by few people going through little pain or few people going through a lot of pain. We don't really know how painful death is. I have heard that it's very painful and I have also heard that when a person dies, energy is released in universe. In some religions and cults, children or girls are sacrificed because their sacrifice is good for the whole community. We think that such traditions only exist because people blindly follow their ancestors but these traditions wouldn't exist for hundreds of years unless they provided some real benefits. 

I recently heard the part in beauty and beast that belle became captive of the beast to save her father. It's not a coincidence that some stories are shared worldwide. I believe they contain messages society wants to teach children. Like beauty and beast is teaching girls: you tolerate a monster for few years to save your father's life. Give him love in return for hate and he will turn into a kind and handsome prince. When I was married, I would understand if my ex and his family would want me to stay in marriage, but my own relatives and even strangers tried to convince me to stay in marriage like the future of whole mankind depended upon me staying in that marriage. The way beauty and beast has been produced and it has been given so much publicity, it's not meant for 5-6 year old girls, its target audience is young girls who are getting married or will get married in few years. Many people told me to watch this movie and I thought: I have heard that story a million times, why would I want to watch it? Then I heard that this movie is giving a message to girls to be strong, and they don't need someone to save them, instead they can save other people. 

Edited by rkazmi33

3 hours ago, Hassan- said:

scariest movie scene ever

Wait, so the zombies dont know how to swim right?

Why not just swim to the other side of the river? Since they are alive in some manner they are in need of oxygen and would drown.

Zombie movies always makes me upset because they dont make any sense, shouldnt zombies starve to death at some point?

All I think about when I see zombies in movies is that you could use them to generate electricity lol, just tie them around a generator shaft and put a meat on a stick and tie them to the shaft, then use the electricity to power a bunch of testa coils around the perimeter for any intruding zombies, then go farming, problem solved!

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

Pakistan won

Congrats to all Pakistani fans out there. So you guys managed to get a win against India after a long time. Well played :)

Wanna talk about another India Pakistan match today, hockey? 

India beat Pakistan 7-1 in hockey semi-final

2 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Congrats to all Pakistani fans out there. So you guys managed to get a win against India after a long time. Well played :)

Wanna talk about another India Pakistan match today, hockey? 

India beat Pakistan 7-1 in hockey semi-final

Not just a win, but a mini world cup final against all odds and with a massive margin. This one game overrides all our losses since 2010 :shifty:

India won in hockey? Good for you guys. No one cares about hockey anyway lool

4 hours ago, starlight said:

@Marbles Wasn't it awesome? I don't remember being this excited about a win in a long time. 

Absolutely. And why not, it is a massive victory by all counts. They have been setting the scene for the big show since the match against South Africa.

Check out these nuggets from cricinfo. Observers are so shocked that they could only make sense of Pak performance through hyperbole.

"They have not just defied logic, they have spat in logic's face, questioned the moral inclinations of its parents, kicked it in the shins, kneed it in the groin, strangled it unconscious, then shoved it into the mud and set its trousers on fire.

The winning margin here was 180 runs, just for the record. But it may as well have been 180 million, so ridiculous were Pakistan in this match.

There is no shame, though, in losing to a Pakistan side in the kind of nuclear form that if ever harnessed, could solve the planet's energy needs for centuries. There were a few areas that India could have brushed up, but nothing, perhaps, that might have changed the result."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/content/story/1104414.html

Social media's gone crazy. it's a meme fest right now and our Indian brothers and sisters can't stop crying!

Many in the Indian media, their commentator, presenters and ex-players have arrogantly mocked and dismissed their opposition, starting from Sehwag's Sri Lanka comment (maachis ke geeli dabbi) to Rishi Kapoor's Father's Day prediction (telling Pak that tomorrow they will play their "dad"). I think it was the same overconfidence that drowned the Indian boat today.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/cricket/170617/rishi-kapoor-takes-a-dig-at-pakistan-ahead-of-icc-champions-trophy-final-vs-india.html

Right now the netizens have enough fuel to keep up meming until the World Cup '19. Some examples to spice up your evening.

IMG-20170618-WA0007.jpg.8a6c417ac6a48ac8080f3fc8fa75ba0d.jpg

IMG-20170618-WA0008.jpg.6ebe1072c84a483ecb381a0e4c35649b.jpg

IMG-20170618-WA0012.thumb.jpg.b3f6cbed4262b4d8fcf7e2b128a0eefc.jpg

IMG-20170619-WA0001.thumb.jpg.22684e771958aa4f2ccbdca016cd1336.jpg

IMG-20170618-WA0005.thumb.jpg.29648007541f6c0ef79241dea3b4bb01.jpg

IMG-20170618-WA0004.jpg.f31e4388f87238a63db106f72c104765.jpg

Edited by Marbles

Guest silasun

What's all this cricket speak? 30 to 1? 80 to 2? Five not out? Home-run? Hole-in-one? 4 halves? Slam-dunk Andrew Flintoff?

Why can't you all just give up your silly children's games and learn something from the real men?

fdd.jpg

Air conditioner not working. We've had a repairman out twice already. Tomorrow the repair boss is coming to take a look. Free sauna at notme's place. 

Most of my life I haven't had air conditioning. It's a little surprising how quickly I've become used to being middle class. Should I worry? Should I intentionally deprive myself and my children from comforts just so we can manage more easily if we someday lose them? 

Victory and winning is sweet lol.... I do love competition. I love first place but second is okay, one thing is that I cant accept third place.

Edited by Muhajir

On 1/2/2017 at 3:15 AM, Hameedeh said:

No, burning is not allowed according to Shias. Burning the name of Allah would be like burning a part of the Holy Qur'an. 

@IbnSina

I personally (just me) argue that the Qu'ran and name of God are not things that can be written nor manifested in symbols.

The Quran was in our minds/brains and hearts before it was on paper, when Allah SWT Commanded to Muhammad SAW to "Read" he responded that he could not - The Qur'an is beyond words and symbols and burning them is meaningless to God, to me and not an insult.  But, that's just me.

God's name can't be burned, God's name and any part of Him cannot be affected by something which He created, is my line of logic.

Looking after your mental health is very important. At times, suffering from a mental health crisis can lead one to explore avenues of support which are not the best ones, or acting out of character. We are all human beings. We learn and we grow, and we become better.