Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

18671325_1526042917408304_4485146544237985071_n.jpg.26434044a9bde3df63ae24553705ca43.jpg

Strictly speaking, it was all within protocol. Melania wasn't required to cover at the Vatican either. Maybe she chose to because she is Catholic. I've heard that Ivanka converted to Judaism though, and she's wearing some sort of veil too, so who knows. 

Does anyone remember in 2015 when Donald tweeted that it was a disgrace that Mrs. Obama didn't cover when she met King Saud? I can't help but wonder whether he changed his mind or he thinks his wife and daughter are also disgraceful. 

5 minutes ago, notme said:

Strictly speaking, it was all within protocol. Melania wasn't required to cover at the Vatican either. Maybe she chose to because she is Catholic. I've heard that Ivanka converted to Judaism though, and she's wearing some sort of veil too, so who knows. 

Does anyone remember in 2015 when Donald tweeted that it was a disgrace that Mrs. Obama didn't cover when she met King Saud? I can't help but wonder whether he changed his mind or he thinks his wife and daughter are also disgraceful. 

I think Catholics in the Vatican are technically in church and need to dress to respect that (also she is Christian and would follow Christian protocol for the Vatican).  In Saudi she was not in a mosque and in any case was not required to cover her hair because she is not Muslim.  

^ Catholic women are not required to cover in church. They may if they wish. It is considered protocol for women to cover in a formal audience with the Pope. It is not really enforced. Angela Merkel did not cover her head when she met with the Pope. 

27 minutes ago, forte said:

In Saudi she was not in a mosque and in any case was not required to cover her hair because she is not Muslim.  

As far as I know, visitors to Saudi are required to dress according to Saudi law. An exception is made for heads of state and their spouses, maybe also for other diplomatic visitors.

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ Catholic women are not required to cover in church. They may if they wish. It is considered protocol for women to cover in a formal audience with the Pope. It is not really enforced. Angela Merkel did not cover her head when she met with the Pope. 

My mom, who is Catholic, told me that the rule for women to cover while in church still stands. It just is not enforced. She said the church would rather people are there uncovered than not there at all. 

^ There was no rule at all for women to cover their heads prior to the 1917 Code of Canon Law, although there was local custom. The 1917 Code made it a requirement. The Canon Law was changed again in 1983 and omitted the requirement. A woman is free to choose.

54 minutes ago, notme said:

As far as I know, visitors to Saudi are required to dress according to Saudi law. An exception is made for heads of state and their spouses, maybe also for other diplomatic visitors.

I personally think it is polite to honor the customs of the place you are visiting. But the First Lady of the US wearing a headcover  in deference to a foreign power or a religion not her own is a politic hot potato. Melania is a Catholic,so her covering in the Vatican is appropriate for her.

However, I have a friend married to a Saudi. Her mother is Christian and does not cover her head when she visits KSA. There have been a couple of dust-ups but the enforcers usually back off when things are explained. I don't know if it is because she is a Christian or that they don't want to tangle with Americans.

Well,  I had a wild start to my ramadan.

These guys start shoving me off school property for fun. Then I try and walk away but one of them follows, his girlfriend with him, behind me. When they got too close I guess my inner karate kid took over....

4 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Well,  I had a wild start to my ramadan.

These guys start shoving me off school property for fun. Then I try and walk away but one of them follows, his girlfriend with him, behind me. When they got too close I guess my inner karate kid took over....

I am sorry to hear brother, may Allah swt give them a taste of what they deserve for their actions and you what you deserve for yours!

I'll make dua for you iA!

On 5/26/2017 at 5:53 PM, Marbles said:

Thoughts:

So we need a special Ramadan subforum to talk about all the things we have talked about during the last Ramadan, and the one before that.

Awesome.

We have new members and a bazillion guests. :) 

45 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@Hameedeh @notme @Laayla @DigitalUmmah @Gaius I. Caesar @shiaman14 @Heavenly_Silk

AND "the Shia".... including a group of " Shia females". Not much detail yet but..There was a group of "Shia females "at Standing Rock running interference with the powers that be to try to keep my relatives safe?

( cyber fist bump)

YAAAAAS! QUEENS!

I would expect nothing less, from the daughters of Lady Zainab (SA) :)

31 minutes ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Fun fact: No matter how much water you drink in sehri, it won't get 'stored'. Y'all aren't camels. 

True, but you may as well be fully hydrated.

11 minutes ago, notme said:

True, but you may as well be fully hydrated.

Lol. I have seen people gulping down gallons of water. I don't think this much will do any favor to the body. A decent amount is enough, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Lol. I have seen people gulping down gallons of water. I don't think this much will do any favor to the body. A decent amount is enough, isn't it? 

Yes, absolutely. Better to sip throughout the night then try to take in a day's quantity all at once. But a little too much is better than a little too little.