Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

I just found out that the word "Im'a" (Pronounced like "I'm uh") is not universally understood by English speakers. It also has at least one spelling variation, Imma.

So if you ever see me use this word and don't understand, it's the short form of "I'm going to" as in "Its late. Im'a go sleep now."

Goodnight shiachat. 

52 minutes ago, notme said:

I just found out that the word "Im'a" (Pronounced like "I'm uh") is not universally understood by English speakers. It also has at least one spelling variation, Imma.

So if you ever see me use this word and don't understand, it's the short form of "I'm going to" as in "Its late. Im'a go sleep now."

Goodnight shiachat. 

Imma let you finish, but Guess what you didn't hear or said gotcha, or tryna. 

21 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts:

I have suddenly developed an intense dislike when people slurp tea loudly. I never even used to notice it before. am I getting old?

i was amused reading this post, while taking a cup of tea.... no i don't sip it loudly ... as you britons do.

Edited by ErikCartman

28 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

thoughts:

I have suddenly developed an intense dislike when people slurp tea loudly. I never even used to notice it before. am I getting old?

I hate it when people chew loudly (especially with their mouth open) , and when they burp.  It makes me CRINGE. 

Edited by hayaah

53 minutes ago, hayaah said:

I hate it when people chew loudly (especially with their mouth open) ,

Yes exactly! plus the loud clinking of cutlery while eating.

1 hour ago, ErikCartman said:

you win :D is it military slang bruv? :P 

Nah. Hillbilly. 

"Mominem" means all the kinfolks.

27 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Sounds like "shhklapp....shhklapp....shklapp"

I cringe just reading that. It might be excusable in a child, but an adult who slurps like that shouldn't be allowed tea.

11 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

"Trump signs orders advancing Keystone, Dakota pipelines" - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pipeline-idUSKBN15820N

Isn't he signing these executive orders at a bit too high of a rate?

Yesterday CNN criticized him for not signing executive orders that he had promised on Day 1. If you go thru his speeches he had promised more than two dozen EO on day 1 of his presidency, so still bit catching up. 

Hate him or love him. But I appreciate he lived up to his words said during campaign unlike our sissy politicians 

Edited by ErikCartman

1 hour ago, Pearl178 said:

Seems like it mocks the idea of afterlife by exploring outrageous and far-fetched scenarios.

"The new film The Discovery, the knowledge that heaven exists leads to an epidemic of suicides."

"The group of followers with which Thomas Harbor surrounds himself, jumpsuited and glassy-eyed, seems more like a nascent cult than a gathering of advanced minds who’ve traded primitive superstition for fact."

4 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

"Trump signs orders advancing Keystone, Dakota pipelines" - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pipeline-idUSKBN15820N

Isn't he signing these executive orders at a bit too high of a rate?

He's not going to last, inshaAllah. He's abusing the office. 

Guest silasun
1 hour ago, jannahismygoal said:

The patience and forbearance of Sayyida Zaynab (sa) and the bravery and compassion of Abal Fadhl al-Abbas (as)

A story of love, at it's truest and most pure form. :cry:

This is honestly the most amazing thing I've seen for a while. Thanks so much for sharing it.