Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunnis are becoming blind on Syria Conflict.....

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

It really annoys me how blinded many sunnnis are getting and particularly their famous speakers regarding the whole syria conflict thingy. 

I am not defending Bashar Al Asad because I cannot be sure whether he is responsible for everything(I am not fooled by the baised media also).

Two sunni famous speakers Yasir Qadhi and Omar Suleiman have really raged out at Bashar Al Asad in social media, where Yasir Qadhi said 'he is the Pharaoh of our time'. Omar Suleiman didn't even once mention Saudia Arabia's intervention by aiding the rebel groups.

What really annoys me is how quickly we can get fooled by the media and how certain articles are going to just tell us one side of the story. Like everywhere we are going to find out that majority of the death is caused by syrian government and America and Saudi government are just doing what they can to help Syria.

I don't understand why these two sunni scholars don't criticize Saudia Arabia as much as they criticize Bashar Al Asad. Is it because they don't like that Bashar Al Asad is of different sect or that Iran is supporting the government?? which apparently might make it firm to them that Bashar Al Asad is a serial killer?

Why do Sunnis refrain from condemning Saudia Arabia the same way they condemn the Syrian Government. Sunni Leaders need to do a much better job than this.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

over simplifying complex things is part and parcel of being a sunni. they are simply incapable of understanding nuance or subtleties of anything. if they WERE capable, they would be shia. 

their thought process is:

syrians being slaughtered....looks like bashar al assad is doing the slaughter...HERP DERP SHIA ARE BAD MMKAY!!!! 

you cannot reason with this mindset. I call sunni "the religious equivalent of tabloid readers". 

bashar al assad is not good. he is not some brave lion or worthy of adoration or respect. its way more complicated to see the whole colossal trainwreck in terms of "good side" and "bad side".  

many of the sunni famous speakers are themselves funded and supported by saudi, and are paid to push the narrative. not much we can do about it. its mentality like this that elects racist Cheetos to president

The important thing, how many of us will it take to speak up and speak out until we shia's generally wake up to becoming more active in whatever means we have, even if it be informing ourselves about the conflict?

Or when ultimate defeat strikes, will we like the Kufans who abandoned Hussain a.s, start rebellions when it is too late?

Where were they when Hussain a.s needed them?

• Veteran Member

It's amazing how people can't sop themselves from implying that all Sunnis are stupid. Are people really so arrogant and deluded so as to believe that the fact that they were born into Shi'ism (which is the case for the majority of Shias) makes them smarter than the entire Sunni population? Don't fool yourselves. Shias are just as capable of selective blindness and lack of consistent critical thinking as anyone else.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

It's amazing how people can't sop themselves from implying that all Sunnis are stupid. Are people really so arrogant and deluded so as to believe that the fact that they were born into Shi'ism (which is the case for the majority of Shias) makes them smarter than the entire Sunni population? Don't fool yourselves. Shias are just as capable of selective blindness and lack of consistent critical thinking as anyone else.

Sunnis aren't born stupid or anything but their leaders have very irrational thinking which influences them. 

There might be some smart sunnis no doubt but generally the mindset of the sunni population is a reflection of their Saudi funded leaders.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

• Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Sunnis aren't born stupid or anything but their leaders have very irrational thinking which influences them. 

There might be some smart sunnis no doubt but generally the mindset of the sunni population is a reflection of their Saudi funded leaders.

And obviously Shias are never guilty of irrational thinking...

This has nothing to do with intelligence, and everything to do with bias, which everyone has to some extent. There is no doubt that many Sunnis cannot overcome their sectarian bias in regards to political situations, but the same applies to Shias.

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

I was born sunni. I live in a sunni area, and worked in a sunni dominant workplace....yes they are. Doesnt mean some shia-born are not. But any Sunni that has taken the time to study Islam and history, and stayed sunni is what? in your opinion... in mine they are either turning a blind eye to justice, or ignorant. Sorry.

Edited by kirtc

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Haydar Husayn said:

And obviously Shias are never guilty of irrational thinking...

This has nothing to do with intelligence, and everything to do with bias, which everyone has to some extent. There is no doubt that many Sunnis cannot overcome their sectarian bias in regards to political situations, but the same applies to Shias.

To some extent yeah this is true as well.

dont be surprised dear brothers and sisters sunni is always like that if they had knowledge they would never believe in banu ummaya tyrants they will always say to shias negative even if Shia helps them die for them or whatever they has secterianism from the day they get born i think they get brainwashed so easily im shocked in 2017 people get brainswashed but i think they want to be brainwashed as well they choose to be brainwashed so easliy which is very stupid thing i think and assad is fighting the terrorists so how come is he the pharao of our time and etc saudi is much worse then any country in world but no sunni condem them i can only say that basshar al assad should not give up otherwise Syria would be like Afghanistan us dominated country us want to take over Syria please all people wake up cant u see the reality or u dont want to see the reality what a artifical world we are living in so sad to see the world be like that.

On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 4:14 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

To some extent yeah this is true as well.

that is not true my dear brother we never had any problems with sunnis they had and if someone has readed about 1920 revoultion in iraq shia fight against British army and won over them and handed the goverment to the sunni goverment so we dont have any problem with them and we are not secterian people we only hate enemies of Prophet Muhammad SAWW and Ahlulbayt As and all muslim should do it i think so.