Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Current Events Syria/Yemen/Iraq/Arabia (2017-2024)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Abraram said:

Whenever this apartheid state attacks Syria, my blood boils, I mean I cannot take this.. My blood boils when this Zionist state attacks. Aahhhhhhhhhh!! I wish I had behead every single in the Israeli govt.

We just need to be good enough so that our Master atfs should reappear. 

May Allah hasten His atfs reappearance. Ameen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. Q:2:11-12

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

a new Dr. Evil on the Block ..

SAUDI ARABIA

No room for dialogue with Iran: Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman

HANI HAZAIMEH & SIRAJ WAHAB | Published — Wednesday 3 May 2017

Previous
904936-1243935767.jpg?itok=-ZVC8cOe
Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
904761-403712388.png?itok=WAPLR1Wn
Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is shown in an interview aired on Saudi TV on Tuesday. (Screen grab from video aired on Al-Ekhbariya channel)
Next
904936-1243935767.jpg?itok=138-QC_U
904761-403712388.png?itok=OLap7YwL

2 photos

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ruled out any dialogue with Iran because of Tehran’s overarching hegemonistic ambitions in the region.
In a wide-ranging interview with prominent Saudi host and journalist, Dawood Al-Shirian, which was aired Tuesday on national television, he said: “There is no common ground between us and Iran.”
He said Saudi Arabia had had a dialogue with Iran in the past when Iran had a relatively moderate leadership. According to the deputy crown prince, those efforts failed when the leadership in Tehran was replaced by hard-liners. “We realized they were not serious about holding dialogue,” he said.
He recalled a popular saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that a Muslim cannot be fooled twice.
The deputy crown prince pointed out that there was an inherent problem with Iran’s ideology that prevents it from being a good neighbor.
“Iran believes that before Imam Mahdi reappears, it must prepare a fertile ground for him and that it must control the Muslim world,” he said, referring to the Shiite belief that Imam Mahdi — the 12th and last Shiite imam who disappeared in the 9th century — will one day appear in order to bring justice to earth.
“How can I come to an understanding with this?” said the deputy crown prince. “How can you have a dialogue with them against this background?” he asked. “Iran’s goal is to gain control of the Two Holy Mosques.”

War in Yemen
Stating that no one wanted the conflict in Yemen to continue forever, Prince Mohammed said the war there became necessary and unavoidable in order to protect the legitimacy of the internationally-recognized government led by Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi.
“Saudi Arabia had to become involved because of the threat the Houthi militia posed to our national security,” he said.
“We can crush the Houthis and (Ali Abdullah) Saleh within days but this would be at a very heavy price. We do not want to see thousands of our soldiers lose their lives. We are not in a rush. Time is in our favor. We have all the needed logistics, unlike our enemy who has no reinforcements or supplies and his morale is sagging,” he said, while pointing out that Saleh and the Houthis have major differences and that the former is under the protection of the latter.
“We did not want to go to war, but it came to a point where we either got involved or were faced with a worse scenario. We had a very negative experience with the Houthi militia in 2009 when they posed a threat to international maritime trade. If we had waited longer, we would have seen the battle transferred to Saudi territory,” he explained.
The deputy crown prince said in the beginning there was an attempt to initiate a political dialogue in order to avoid war. There had been open channels of communication with Saleh and the Houthis. It was agreed that they should not attack Aden because, if that happened, it would complicate the whole process of political dialogue. The Houthis continued to expand all over the country. And so, unfortunately, those efforts failed and we had to go to war,” he said.
He said he had met recently with Yemeni tribal leaders in Riyadh “and they expressed their absolute rejection of the Houthis.”
According to the deputy crown prince, the Saudi-led Arab coalition now has the upper hand. “Before our involvement in Yemen, the legitimate government’s control was zero. With support from the Arab coalition, the legitimate government now controls more than 80 percent of the country.”

source

A new language of direct bullying at a whole new level, plus a more direct reference to the Mahdi being their target and true enemy. I think the politics is switching gears .. again.

But this guy is too delusional, and talks too much nonsense. I don't think he will get very far.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, RiseOrDie said:
#BREAKING Russia, Turkey, Iran sign memorandum on creating safe zones in Syria

sounds like the quiet before the storm .. like, let's set the stage for the real fighting zones, and keep them empty for now. I could be wrong of course.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

a new Dr. Evil on the Block ..

SAUDI ARABIA

No room for dialogue with Iran: Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman

HANI HAZAIMEH & SIRAJ WAHAB | Published — Wednesday 3 May 2017

Previous
904936-1243935767.jpg?itok=-ZVC8cOe
Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
904761-403712388.png?itok=WAPLR1Wn
Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is shown in an interview aired on Saudi TV on Tuesday. (Screen grab from video aired on Al-Ekhbariya channel)
Next
904936-1243935767.jpg?itok=138-QC_U
904761-403712388.png?itok=OLap7YwL

2 photos

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ruled out any dialogue with Iran because of Tehran’s overarching hegemonistic ambitions in the region.
In a wide-ranging interview with prominent Saudi host and journalist, Dawood Al-Shirian, which was aired Tuesday on national television, he said: “There is no common ground between us and Iran.”
He said Saudi Arabia had had a dialogue with Iran in the past when Iran had a relatively moderate leadership. According to the deputy crown prince, those efforts failed when the leadership in Tehran was replaced by hard-liners. “We realized they were not serious about holding dialogue,” he said.
He recalled a popular saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that a Muslim cannot be fooled twice.
The deputy crown prince pointed out that there was an inherent problem with Iran’s ideology that prevents it from being a good neighbor.
“Iran believes that before Imam Mahdi reappears, it must prepare a fertile ground for him and that it must control the Muslim world,” he said, referring to the Shiite belief that Imam Mahdi — the 12th and last Shiite imam who disappeared in the 9th century — will one day appear in order to bring justice to earth.
“How can I come to an understanding with this?” said the deputy crown prince. “How can you have a dialogue with them against this background?” he asked. “Iran’s goal is to gain control of the Two Holy Mosques.”

War in Yemen
Stating that no one wanted the conflict in Yemen to continue forever, Prince Mohammed said the war there became necessary and unavoidable in order to protect the legitimacy of the internationally-recognized government led by Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi.
“Saudi Arabia had to become involved because of the threat the Houthi militia posed to our national security,” he said.
“We can crush the Houthis and (Ali Abdullah) Saleh within days but this would be at a very heavy price. We do not want to see thousands of our soldiers lose their lives. We are not in a rush. Time is in our favor. We have all the needed logistics, unlike our enemy who has no reinforcements or supplies and his morale is sagging,” he said, while pointing out that Saleh and the Houthis have major differences and that the former is under the protection of the latter.
“We did not want to go to war, but it came to a point where we either got involved or were faced with a worse scenario. We had a very negative experience with the Houthi militia in 2009 when they posed a threat to international maritime trade. If we had waited longer, we would have seen the battle transferred to Saudi territory,” he explained.
The deputy crown prince said in the beginning there was an attempt to initiate a political dialogue in order to avoid war. There had been open channels of communication with Saleh and the Houthis. It was agreed that they should not attack Aden because, if that happened, it would complicate the whole process of political dialogue. The Houthis continued to expand all over the country. And so, unfortunately, those efforts failed and we had to go to war,” he said.
He said he had met recently with Yemeni tribal leaders in Riyadh “and they expressed their absolute rejection of the Houthis.”
According to the deputy crown prince, the Saudi-led Arab coalition now has the upper hand. “Before our involvement in Yemen, the legitimate government’s control was zero. With support from the Arab coalition, the legitimate government now controls more than 80 percent of the country.”

source

A new language of direct bullying at a whole new level, plus a more direct reference to the Mahdi being their target and true enemy. I think the politics is switching gears .. again.

But this guy is too delusional, and talks too much nonsense. I don't think he will get very far.

C-5-q3iWAAIWmHc.jpg

C-5-q3RXkAAq3kS.jpg

C-5-q3EXYAA_O4i.jpg

• Advanced Member

Notably, Saudi Arabia is set to be the first stop on President Donald Trump’s maiden foreign trip since taking the office.

RT article

i honestly didn't expect this one! i bet you even the zionists must be upset about this. And what about his best buddy Abdu?

Is it all about the money? Or what is it?

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

RT article

i honestly didn't expect this one! i bet you even the zionists must be upset about this. And what about his best buddy Abdu?

Is it all about the money? Or what is it?

Not expect this, really? What is surprising about this? Who do you think the zionists are, THEY ARE the zionists.

Edited by kirtc
  • Advanced Member
Just now, Ya_isa (as) said:

Probably to bribe the Saudis and get them to persuade the Arabs and other Muslim countries to support the US embassy moving to jerusalem and of course sell more weapons, reassure them that they will support them against Iran....

from what i've heard the only one objecting to the move is King Abdullah of Jordan, because he is the one currently managing it. I don't think the Saudis care very much about the location , but i could be wrong

• Advanced Member

meanwhile there is a person some people claim to be an antichrist contender. mr. Jared Kushner who is the presidential advisor and son-in-law of Trump, who ran his campaign and is quoted by Trump as being the only one who can solve the middle east problem with Israel and Palestine.

Trump to Kushner: "If you can't produce middle east peace, nobody can".

To me the guy looks like a very handsome and nice guy, but what is interesting is that supposedly the headquarters of his family business is in the following address:

666th fifth avenue across from Rockefeller Center .. Kushner Companies

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

Cutting Syria off from Iraq – and thus from Iran – appears to be a far more immediate operational aim of US forces in Syria than the elimination of the Sunni "Caliphate" cult which Washington claims to be its principal enemy in the Middle East

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-syria-airstrikes-why-bashar-al-assad-militia-convoy-iraq-border-training-camp-rebels-a7744091.html

• Forum Administrators

^ ordinary American getting confused, lots more comments in the same vein:

vance, Jacksonville, United States, 8 hours ago

I would trust Assad before I would trust Erdogan. This stinks. Assad has protected Christians while many governments America is friends with are killing, or forcing Christians out. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4519932/U-S-strikes-Syria-militia-threatening-U-S-backed-forces-officials.html#ixzz4hWZEAZJr 

• Advanced Member
On 5/19/2017 at 7:46 AM, Haji 2003 said:

^ ordinary American getting confused, lots more comments in the same vein:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4519932/U-S-strikes-Syria-militia-threatening-U-S-backed-forces-officials.html#ixzz4hWZEAZJr 

I wonder how you can be 18 miles away and provoke foreign forces who btw have no right to be there in the first place. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/world/middleeast/syria-american-warplanes-airstrike-militia-convoy.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

"He was a man of the West, he is a man of the West, and he has no alternative whatsoever to being a man of the West,"

Jordan: A reliable host for Germany's Bundeswehr?

Off to Abdullah's kingdom: Germany's Bundeswehr is set to participate in the fight against terror from Jordan instead of Turkey. The country is neither a NATO member, nor a democracy by Western standards.

Deutschland Jordaniens König Abdullah II erhält Westfälischen Friedenspreis (picture-alliance/dpa/I. Fassbender)

King Abdullah II is a leader very much to the West's liking. In contrast to the princes in the Arabian peninsula, he is usually dressed in a dark suit. He received a military education in Britain and studied in Oxford and Washington. Under his leadership, Jordan has reliably positioned itself in line with Western politics in all major Middle East conflicts.

And this won't change, according to Udo Steinbach, who was in charge of the Hamburg-based German Orient Institute for many years.

"He was a man of the West, he is a man of the West, and he has no alternative whatsoever to being a man of the West," Steinbach said. "Jordan is a poor country, and without Western aid, it wouldn't be able to survive at all."

'He reigns and rules'

In Abdullah's kingdom, Islam is the official religion. The judicial system is modeled on its British counterpart; disputes which are subject to civil law, however, can be dealt with by an Imam according to Sharia, or Islamic law. Women and men have equal voting rights, but the assembly of the government is determined by the King.

Islamforum in Duschanbe Udo Steinbach (DW)

Udo Steinbach: 'Abdullah is a man of the West'

"By and large, King Abdullah is in control of Jordanian politics," said Andre Bank, a Middle East expert at Hamburg's GIGA Institute. "We are dealing with an authoritarian monarchy here."

"He reigns and rules. That means he has not only ceremonial responsibilities, but he's the key political decision maker in all major issues," Bank added, saying Jordan's entire political system was tailor-made for Abdullah.

The 55-year-old King is by no means a flawless democrat. According to the Democracy Index, which is compiled by The Economist magazine on an annual basis, Jordan is ranked 117th (of 167 countries), thereby qualifying as an "authoritarian regime." In 2006, a UN report claimed that the secret service, police and judiciary were using torture - human rights organizations have repeatedly accused the Jordanian regime of such crimes.

"Jordan's secret services are among the most efficient in the Middle East region," said Steinbach. "And the 600,000 refugees on Jordanian soil are telling every Jordanian citizen they prefer this kind of stability over the chaos in neighboring Syria."

Jordanien Airbase Luftwaffenstützpunkt Azrak (picture alliance/dpa/B. Doppagne)

Germany's NATO troops are bound for Jordan's military base at Al-Azraq

Now, Germany wants to pull surveillance Tornado jets and a refueling plane from Turkey and move them to Jordan's Muwaffaq Salti airbase. The base is situated near the northern town of Al-Azraq, where German Bundeswehr soldiers are to be stationed, and has already been used by allied troops in the fight against the so-called "Islamic State" (IS) militant group.

Between 2014 and 2015, Belgian fighter jets were stationed at the base; currently it is used by American and Dutch forces. The fight against IS in Syria is Abdullah's official policy. "After all, Jordanians are interested in a return to normality in Damascus, and in a return of hundreds of thousands of refugees to Syria," said Middle East expert Steinbach.

Karte deutsche Luftwaffenstützpunkte Türkei Jordanien ENG

Dangerous mission on an island of stability

The German soldiers who will now be deployed to Al-Azraq will have to get used to the new surroundings. Their previous base, Incirlik in Turkey, was jointly built by Turks and Americans and was in operation since the 1950s. Its technology, infrastructure and housing are comparable to a US base, including the quarters' sanitation equipment. That's not what German soldiers can expect in Al-Azraq. Nonetheless, Germany's defense minister denied rumors the soldiers' mission will be more hazardous at their new base.

"The previous mission in Incirlik was already a dangerous one," said Ursula von der Leyen, adding that wouldn't change in Jordan.

Verteidigungsministerin von der Leyen besucht Jordanien (picture-alliance/dpa/R. Jensen)

Ursula von der Leyen visited King Abdullah in December 2016

Jordan is viewed as an island of stability in a sea of Middle East hotspots. Since 1994, it has honored a peace treaty with neighboring Israel - part of a period of peace lasting almost 30 years.

However, Jordan suffers from terrorist attacks as well. At the end of last year, 10 people - including a Canadian tourist - died in a shootout at the famous Karak castle. IS claimed responsibility. And there is concern over homegrown extremists who are currently staying in Syria. An estimated 2,000 Jordanians are believed to be fighting in the neighboring country, primarily for Islamist insurgent groups, explained the GIGA institute's Andre Bank.

"There are great fears about what might happen when these people return to Jordan," he said.

Criticism of the ruler

Dr. André Bank, Nahost-Experte und Senior Research Fellow (Privat)

Bank: 'Jordan's political system is tailor-made for Abdullah'

All in all, the authoritarian Abdullah is well respected in the West, said Bank. "However, time and again he is subject to criticism over his pronounced Western lifestyle."

Abdullah's neo-liberal economic policies have come under criticism as well: Privatization and deregulation in Jordan have led to a sharp increase in unemployment and poverty figures. Steinbach says this relates to the wave of Arab Spring protests in 2011.

"At the time, there were indeed large-scale protests against the King and protests for reforms," he said. "There was even the odd call for Abdullah to be removed from office," but the Syrian crisis and the many refugees on Jordanian soil helped to permanently reconsolidate the King's position.

Jordan is not a NATO member, but the country inked a free trade deal with the US in 2001, followed by an association agreement with the EU in 2002. From Washington's perspective, Jordan is a key non-NATO ally.

The German government has already given green light to move troops to Jordan. On June 21, the Bundestag is scheduled to finalize the relocation of troops to Al-Azraq. No one expects any surprises. All parties are in favor of the move, with the exception of the opposition Left party, which would prefer to bring the soldiers home.

dw

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

This is from NPR: Two days ago the White House had something to say about Syria. Press Secretary Sean Spicer made a late night announcement to say "that the Assad regime in Syria could be preparing to wage another chemical weapons attack" and "if such an attack is carried out, Assad and his military would pay a heavy price."

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/27/534528290/white-house-releases-unexpected-statement-about-syria

NPR posted a video on youtube last year called: Syria: The Worst Humanitarian Crisis Of The 21st Century

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

This is from NPR: Two days ago the White House had something to say about Syria. Press Secretary Sean Spicer made a late night announcement to say "that the Assad regime in Syria could be preparing to wage another chemical weapons attack" and "if such an attack is carried out, Assad and his military would pay a heavy price."

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/27/534528290/white-house-releases-unexpected-statement-about-syria

NPR posted a video on youtube last year called: Syria: The Worst Humanitarian Crisis Of The 21st Century

Obviously a lie! A call to the terrorists to launch an attack and the US would blame Assad and bomb him more. This is the Israeli strategy too, they have the rebels and ISIS sitting comfortably near the Golan heights, yet when the fighting between the govt. and the rebels/ISIS breaks out, Israel bombs the SAA. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

How is situation in Yemen? Please update

Its awful man, Saudis bombing everything, but no progress for them militarily or in terms of strategic gains, just killing scores of civilians. I follow this person on facebook that lives in Sanaa used to be American, he does a lot of aid work, he shared a picture of a man who lost all 6 of his sons in the same airstrike. His eyes red probably from crying and just a blank facial expression. I feel sick, the lack of humanity in this world is just disgusting. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Its awful man, Saudis bombing everything, but no progress for them militarily or in terms of strategic gains, just killing scores of civilians. I follow this person on facebook that lives in Sanaa used to be American, he does a lot of aid work, he shared a picture of a man who lost all 6 of his sons in the same airstrike. His eyes red probably from crying and just a blank facial expression. I feel sick, the lack of humanity in this world is just disgusting. 

Ya Allah :'( I pray for my brothers being oppressed. May Allah curse the Al Saud and their chitty interpretation.

Edited by SunniBrother
  • Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

@SunniBrother  Today Saudi airstrikes Killed whole family in #hajah " hayran area " Killed Pregnant woman&5kids & injured 4 in Yemen :(

They are cowards! They fly and drop bombs on children. They don't deserve being called men.

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

They are cowards! They fly and drop bombs on children. They don't deserve being called men.

@SunniBrother and @Waseem162.

It is not Saudi that killed the Yemeni children. And it's not Basharat Assad that killed Syrian. It is the ego and self conciet and hatred that led to death thousands. Why they can't just settle it with talks and respect. 

How could Imam Hassan as do sulah with Muawiya  (worst person than yazeed ) for betterment of muslimuslims in general. 

Why can't we learn from Imam Hassan if call lovers of Imam Hassan as. 

Definitely Saudi Arabia are not more bad than Muawiyah. 

At the same do not by default take what ever Iran do is Always right. Just condemn them too if they don't act for larger interests Ummah, ie they  have to sacrifice their interests for Ummah .