Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Guest Servant of God

Guest Servant of God

Asalam Alaikom Brothers and Sisters,

I have a question in regards to wudu. Today i received an injury on my right palm. The doctor said that I'm unable to wash the area. However, now my concern is that I am unable to perform wudu for my obligatory prayers. To my understanding and research I am able to perform wudu al jabireh, but that requires using my right hand to pour water on my face, arms etc.

My question is, am I able to perform wudu using my left hand?

If not, please provide me alternative ways.

I do taqleed of seyid al Sistani.

Wasalam,

Servant of God

• Moderators

I'm not sure about sayed Sistani, but I'm pretty sure his rulings are the same as imam khamenei's when it comes to wudu.

Imam Khamenei:

Q: is it allowed to wash face with two hands in wuḍū’?
A: Yes, it is.

Q: I am a girl. I have disability in my right hand so that I cannot open my hand, elevated it over my head or extend it. What is the right wuḍū’ manner which is should follow?
A: There is no objection to opening the right hand with left one to wipe the head and foot. If that is impossible, you may wipe with the back of your right hand. Regarding washing the left arm, it is not necessary to be done with the right hand and what you mentioned in the question is enough.

Q 134: What is the duty of someone who has a wound or a fracture in one of his body parts involved in wuḍū’?
A: If the wound or the fracture is not dressed and it is not harmful to wash it with water, it should be washed. However, if washing it is harmful, the surrounding area is to be washed and it is based on obligatory caution to wipe it with wet hand if it is not harmful.

Edited by Hassan-

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Guest Servant of God said:

Asalam Alaikom Brothers and Sisters,

I have a question in regards to wudu. Today i received an injury on my right palm. The doctor said that I'm unable to wash the area. However, now my concern is that I am unable to perform wudu for my obligatory prayers. To my understanding and research I am able to perform wudu al jabireh, but that requires using my right hand to pour water on my face, arms etc.

My question is, am I able to perform wudu using my left hand?

If not, please provide me alternative ways.

I do taqleed of seyid al Sistani.

Wasalam,

Servant of God

Sorry I couldn't find anything on washing face with left hand but you could perform Tayammum....

According to Syed Sistani;

Tayammum » Method of performing Tayammum instead of Ghusl or Wudhu

708. The following 4 things are obligatory in tayammum performed instead of Ghusl or Wudhu.
Intention (Niyyat)
Striking or keeping both the palms on the object on which tayammum is valid. As an obligatory precaution, this should be done by both the palms together. Wiping or stroking the entire forehead with the palms of both the hands, and, as an obligatory precaution, its two ends commencing from the spot where the hair of one's head grow down to the eyebrows and above the nose. And it is recommended that the palms pass over the eyebrows as well. To pass the left palm over the whole back of the right hand and thereafter, to pass the right palm over the whole back of the left hand.

709. The recommended precaution is that tayammum, whether it is instead of Ghusl or Wudhu, should be performed in the following order: First, he/she should strike the hands on the earth to wipe the forehead and the back of the hands, and then strike the hands on earth once again to wipe the back of the hands.