In the Name of God بسم الله

Losing my faith ? [Urgent help please]

Rate this topic

Guest Rosa

Hello,

So here is my story 

I was born and raised in France and I never practiced islam before last ramadan. I started reading the quran because I was home for the summer, class was over and did not have a job. As I had a lot of free time I started praying and I was pushed to pray because eventhough I wasn't practicing before I was raised a believer and I knew about Allah. Since I wasn't in a place I wanted in life I started making duas.

One year later I feel like nothing has changed and I'm still (if not more) depressed about my life I'm not sure where I'm going I feel like it's just a mess and what I wanted my prayers to bring me was guidance. So today I feel like all my duas and prayers were useless and it's quite hard for me to keep up praying and reading surats and hadiths everyday because inside im very sad and at the beginning I thought Islam would be the cure for my depression. 

Today Im still doing all this thing but I don't understand why because I am afraid I have become hopeless I guess I'm praying just to have nothing to lose in the end 

I don't think I'm bad person I even tried to help people as much as I can I really tried to make everything work for me like adding zakat, paying people food, fasting..

What do you suggest me to do ? What would you do at my place?

I feel like I need a miracle

• Advanced Member
54 minutes ago, Guest Rosa said:

Hello,

So here is my story 

I was born and raised in France and I never practiced islam before last ramadan. I started reading the quran because I was home for the summer, class was over and did not have a job. As I had a lot of free time I started praying and I was pushed to pray because eventhough I wasn't practicing before I was raised a believer and I knew about Allah. Since I wasn't in a place I wanted in life I started making duas.

One year later I feel like nothing has changed and I'm still (if not more) depressed about my life I'm not sure where I'm going I feel like it's just a mess and what I wanted my prayers to bring me was guidance. So today I feel like all my duas and prayers were useless and it's quite hard for me to keep up praying and reading surats and hadiths everyday because inside im very sad and at the beginning I thought Islam would be the cure for my depression. 

Today Im still doing all this thing but I don't understand why because I am afraid I have become hopeless I guess I'm praying just to have nothing to lose in the end 

I don't think I'm bad person I even tried to help people as much as I can I really tried to make everything work for me like adding zakat, paying people food, fasting..

Asalamualekum,

I can relate to you in many ways, but i don't know what is bothering you and reason behind your depression. The thing is following Any religion is hard and you have to be disciplined, daily salats, fasting, and keeping away from many sins is difficult. But that's how it is with any religion, i have a friend who is christian and he feels the same way. 

The reason i pray and offer salat, or do any other religious activity is because, I don't want to end up dead, without following islam. My entire life, i did not pray or did many religious activities, so i don't want to be that same person my entire life

W/salam

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Guest Rosa said:

Hello,

So here is my story 

Salamu Alaikum fellow muslim! 

First let me say I can relate to you in so many ways.  My life has been depressing for a while, but it's getting better. Although I do still have depressing times, it's far better than before.

Answer: When a Muslim makes a dua, one of 3 things happen- 1. Allah answers your dua and gives you what you want. Or 2 - Allah knows that what you are asking for will lead to something bad so he does not give you the blessing. Your dua goes up and blocks ( prevents ) a crisis/problem/calamity that was about to fall upon you and cause you misfortune. He is all-knowing and knows what this blessing might do to you its for your own sake. Or there is another result but I forgot it, perhaps a brother/sister can help out and answer.

Nonetheless, I will be making dua to you and Insha'Allah your life will turn the other way around and you will be happy and joyful! :) 

Jazakaalah Khair

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Guest Rosa said:

What do you suggest me to do ? What would you do at my place? I feel like I need a miracle

Sister The miracle must come from your heart. All those things you have been doing are good.

But what we all need and often miss out on is to understand the reasons why we need to connect with God.

Once we ponder over those reasons, we will find that even in the worst of situation, there is a lot that we need to be grateful for.

After some exercise in introspection, we will reach a stage where we will enjoy our relationship with God even more.

And when that happens, we have peace.

Until that time comes, keep on praying to Him to help you overcome your problems and give you peace.

I am sure you will get there insha Allah.  

• Advanced Member

You just have to remember that this is a phase of your life which is temporary and will end soon. 

There was also a phase I was going through about a year ago, where all my prayers felt forced and I just felt that everything I did had no meaning.During this phase I would try to be a practicing muslim but I just did it as I didn't want to ruin my hereafter.

But things now have gotten better thanks to Allah, and I look back at those times thinking that it was all worth it keeping my faith strong.

Thats the reality of life, you will either feel upset or happy. When life seems dull then don't be upset just be as hopeful as you can, that one day you will be completely changed and in a different state. Don't lose hope in Allah because this is all worth it. Be patient and keeping asking Allah for help.

No doubt, I will definitely pray for you.