In the Name of God بسم الله

51 rak'ah daily salah

Rate this topic

Muhammad11

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

please advise me how to pray 34 rak'ah of nawafil salah, because I have never been taught of how to pray them. I know the timings though, but not how to pray them, meaning how many rak'ah is one salah. Jazakumullahu khairan shukran afwan 

• Advanced Member

please advise me how to pray 34 rak'ah of nawafil salah, because I have never been taught of how to pray them. I know the timings though, but not how to pray them, meaning how many rak'ah is one salah. Jazakumullahu khairan shukran afwan 

772. There are many Mustahab prayers which are generally called Nafilah, but more stress has been laid on the daily Mustahab prayers. The number of the Rak'ats everyday excluding Friday, is 34. It is an follows:

8 Rak'ats Nafilah for Zuhr 8 Rak'ats Nafilah for Asr 4 Rak'ats Nafilah for Maghrib 2 Rak'ats Nafilah for Isha 11 Rak'ats Nafilah for Tahajjud (Namaz-e-Shab) 2 Rak'ats Nafilah for Fajr
As an obligatory precaution, the Nafilah for Isha prayers should be offered while sitting, and therefore its 2 Rak'ats are counted as one. But on Friday, 4 Rak'ats are added to the 16 Rak'ats of the Zuhr and the Asr Nafilah, and it is preferable that all these 20 Rak'ats are offered before the Zuhr sets in.

773. Out of the 11 Rak'ats of the night Nafilah, 8 Rak'ats should be offered with the niyyat of the Nafilah, 2 Rak'ats with the niyyat of Shaf'a, and 1 Rak'at with the Niyyat of Witr. Complete instructions regarding Namaz-e-Shab are given in the book of prayers.

774. All Nafilah prayers can be offered while sitting, but then, certain Fuqaha say that 2 Rak'ats prayed sitting should be counted as one Rak'at. For example, if a person wishes to offer Zuhr Nafilah which consists of 8 Rak'ats, in a sitting posture, he should offer 16 Rak'ats. And if he wishes to offer Witr prayers while sitting, he should offer two prayers of 1 Rak'at each. This later preference is not known from any sources; however, they may be followed with the hope of earning divine pleasure.

775. Zuhr Nafilah and Asr Nafilah should not be offered when one is on a journey, and one may offer Isha Nafilah with the intention of Raja'.

776. The Zuhr Nafilah is offered before Zuhr prayers. Its time is fromthe commencement of the time of Zuhr, up to the time when the shadow of indicatorequals 2/7th of its length. For example, if an indicator is 7 yards long, andthe shadow appearing after Zuhr reaches 2 yards, the Nafilah time would end.He should now offer Zuhr prayers.

777. The Asr Nafilah are offered before Asr prayers, and its time istill the moment when the shadow of an indicator appearing after Zuhr, reachesof 4/7th of its length. In case a person wishes to offer Zuhr and Asr Nafilah after their recommendedtime, he can offer the Zuhr Nafilah after Zuhr prayers, and the Asr Nafilahafter Asr prayers, but as a precaution, he will not make niyyat of Ada or Qadha.

778. The Maghrib Nafilah should be offered after Maghrib prayers, andone should make an effort to offer it in time after Maghrib. However, if onedelays offering Maghrib Nafilah till redness in the western sky disappears,then it would be better to offer Isha prayers at that moment.

779. The time for Isha Nafilah is from the completion of Isha prayerstill midnight. It is better to offer it immediately, after Isha prayers.

780. The Fajr Nafilah is offered before the Fajr prayers, and its timecommences when Namaz-e-Shab has been completed, till the time of Namaz-e-Fajrdraws near. But if someone delays it till redness is seen in the eastern sky,then it is better to pray namaz of Fajr.

781. The time for Namaz-e-Shab is from midnight till Adhan for Fajrprayers, and it is better to offer it nearer the time of Fajr prayers.

782. A traveller (i.e. one on a journey), and a person who finds itdifficult to offer Namaz-e-Shab after midnight, can offer it before midnight.

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2207/

• 5 years later...
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Guest Momin said:

Assalam o Alaikum. Please need breakup of 51 rakats of Namaz. Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Ishaa. JazakAllah 

Salam!!

On 3/31/2017 at 4:40 AM, amirhosein_88 said:

8 Rak'ats Nafilah for Zuhr 8 Rak'ats Nafilah for Asr 4 Rak'ats Nafilah for Maghrib 2 Rak'ats Nafilah for Isha 11 Rak'ats Nafilah for Tahajjud (Namaz-e-Shab) 2 Rak'ats Nafilah for Fajr

Please add to them the obligatory prayers, 2 rak'ah Fajar, 4 Zuhr, 4 Asr, 3 Maghrib, 4 Isha. These are 17 in total + 34 nawafil as mentioned by brother @amirhosein_88

Wassalam!!

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member
On 3/31/2017 at 3:05 AM, Muhammad11 said:

I have a question, if one has qadhaa salaat, meaning missed prayers,  can one pray their 51 rakaats  as qadhaa and still be considered as praying the required rakaats to be considered a momin or Shia?

plus praying the 16 extra rakaats of zohr and asr is really not easy if you work during daytime, can we pray some prayers at night?

Sincere question, and would prefer answers from those who do pray 51 rakaats please or have done it before. 

I have been able to accomplish on weekends, but other days...not so much

No need for one upmanship please :blush:

Edited by guess

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, guess said:

plus praying the 16 extra rakaats of zohr and asr is really not easy if you work during daytime, can we pray some prayers at night?

apparently its allowed to pray nawafil in any state, lying down, walking, driving riding a train. If you commute you can do it while you commute