Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quran for non muslim

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

:bismillah:

Assalamualaikum ,

My bestie and i have been exchanging thoughts on religion for quite sometime now..she is interested in reading quran, Incase she finds it convincing ,she said she will embrace islam. As matter is little sensitive i wanted to know the best and genuine holy quranic app translated in english or links that will help me in this regard .Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members

Salaam,

Please please Sister pick up or order the print version of Mualana Muhammed Ali's Editorial not only is handing over a print version of Koran I feel much more a refined way as a friend to give it to them (if you are certain they will treat it with respect). But this editorial explains soooo much in footnotes especially for arguments that deface islam today (cant stress the importance of this!) it is soo good I dont read arabic but I can tell you the editorial uses shia sources (not sure how good the arabic transalation is) and I believe dont quote me on this it explains that some ayas that sunnis look at differently therefore may be interpreted differently (doesnt go into sunni explanations) this I believe is a more holistic approach to the Quaran. Please consider my advice on this sister it may he the most important and great thing that happens to your friend. I found that an app may be a cop out as having a book in front of you with concise editorial is like have a tutor with.you you cannot close a book nor can you take an app as seriously as print I hope you make the right decision in your eyes.

Wasalaam,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tawakkal said:

:bismillah:

Assalamualaikum ,

My bestie and i have been exchanging thoughts on religion for quite sometime now..she is interested in reading quran, Incase she finds it convincing ,she said she will embrace islam. As matter is little sensitive i wanted to know the best and genuine holy quranic app translated in english or links that will help me in this regard .Thanks in advance.

By the way, I am using this site for it has commentary too and three different translation and Shias prefer Translation of "Shakir". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, HalalCartman said:

Salaam,

Please please Sister pick up or order the print version of Mualana Muhammed Ali's Editorial not only is handing over a print version of Koran I feel much more a refined way as a friend to give it to them (if you are certain they will treat it with respect). But this editorial explains soooo much in footnotes especially for arguments that deface islam today (cant stress the importance of this!) it is soo good I dont read arabic but I can tell you the editorial uses shia sources (not sure how good the arabic transalation is) and I believe dont quote me on this it explains that some ayas that sunnis look at differently therefore may be interpreted differently (doesnt go into sunni explanations) this I believe is a more holistic approach to the Quaran. Please consider my advice on this sister it may he the most important and great thing that happens to your friend. I found that an app may be a cop out as having a book in front of you with concise editorial is like have a tutor with.you you cannot close a book nor can you take an app as seriously as print I hope you make the right decision in your eyes.

Wasalaam,

Thanks for the wonderful advice brother, reason why asked for a app or links and not a printed version is that she will have to read it with out her family's consent and so this would be little feasible (as she shares her room). i agree having a book in front of you makes alot more impact then a printed version but i was also little worried about ghusl and wudu part. i am definately going to keep your suggestion in mind brother . May Allah reward you abundantly .

also i found this link could you please check and confirm .. thanks again!!

http://www.muslim.org/english-quran/quran.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, tawakkal said:

@hameedeh sister is wudu required to read quran online or from phone (through links and app)?

Question: Can a woman who is in her menstrual period read or touch the Quran?
Answer: Yes, she can read the Quran except for the those verses which include obligatory Sajdas. She cannot touch the verses.
 
2Question: Can a man or woman who is in the state of Janabah read the Quran.
Answer: Yes, he or she can read it except for the verses which include obligatory Sajdas.
 
3Question: What is the stand on giving a non-Muslim the Qur`an for him or her to learn about the Qur`an and our faith if it is Arabic text?
Answer: If the Quran is not made Najis or disrespected by them, there is no problem.
 
4Question: How could one go about dispensing with papers carrying the names of Allãh or the Infallibles, as well as some loose pages of the Qur’ãn, when it is not possible for us to throw them in the sea or the river? That said, we do not know where would the garbage end up and what is done with it?
Answer: They should be buried in a clean ground or be thrown unto river.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members
On 3/28/2017 at 11:09 AM, tawakkal said:

Thanks for the wonderful advice brother, reason why asked for a app or links and not a printed version is that she will have to read it with out her family's consent and so this would be little feasible (as she shares her room). i agree having a book in front of you makes alot more impact then a printed version but i was also little worried about ghusl and wudu part. i am definately going to keep your suggestion in mind brother . May Allah reward you abundantly .

also i found this link could you please check and confirm .. thanks again!!

http://www.muslim.org/english-quran/quran.htm

Ah.. this is perfect i did not know a internet version existed of this version I cant think of anything better good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...