Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yasser

Very Serious Question on Dua

Rate this topic

Guest Yasser

Sallam may Allah grant you all jannah, i hope you may answer my question.

I am trying to become a cop, and i need help. I know the du'a " Rabbe Zidnee! " if repeated alot the Almight Allah swt will give you more. ( knowledge, money, food ). But I really wanna know, if I repeat "Rabbe zidnee jism" , will He swt grant me more height ( grow taller ) and strength? This is sooooo beneficial as a cop. I am short compared to fellow trainees. It won't work out. please help, or maybe if any du'a can help me grow bigger in height? this is very urgent.

No, reciting a duá' to grow taller is absurd and not possible (although God can do everything he wishes). Your height is determined by your genetics, and not whether you recite a duá'' or not. I'm sorry, but this is the reality. I can't recite a duá' to gain the strongest muscles in the world. That's not how it is working. 

On 26/03/2017 at 10:35 PM, ShiaChat Moderator said:

Boys grow tall between the ages of 10 and 15. If you are young, you can continue to grow taller. After 16, your height is probably already established but you can grow stronger in muscles. 

Men continue up until their early 20's. Some may stop at 16, but many grow till 17, 18, and even beyond. It is not unheard of for some men to even get some growth around their mid 20's, though this is very uncommon. Some are late bloomers, others early.

It really varies.

3 hours ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

Men continue up until their early 20's. Some may stop at 16, but many grow till 17, 18, and even beyond. It is not unheard of for some men to even get some growth around their mid 20's, though this is very uncommon. Some are late bloomers, others early.

It really varies.

I was going by page 2 of an article at kidshealth.org so we should not encourage the OP to think that he can grow taller after the age of 16. Half an inch or 3/4 of an inch growth after age 16 will not satisfy his longing to be taller. Our height is something Allah has gifted us. We should be satisfied with His decision.

Boys tend to show the first physical changes of puberty between the ages of 10 and 16. They tend to grow most quickly between ages 12 and 15. The growth spurt of boys is, on average, about 2 years later than that of girls. By age 16, most boys have stopped growing, but their muscles will continue to develop.

http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/growth-13-to-18.html#

1 hour ago, ShiaChat Moderator said:

I was going by page 2 of an article at kidshealth.org so we should not encourage the OP to think that he can grow taller after the age of 16. Half an inch or 3/4 of an inch growth after age 16 will not satisfy his longing to be taller. Our height is something Allah has gifted us. We should be satisfied with His decision.

http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/growth-13-to-18.html#

By 16, the majority of puberty has taken place. Having said that, there are important things to consider:

1. Many 'short' sixteen or seventeen year-olds may be late bloomers. You might have a strong minority of such people who grow a considerable amount past 16. How tall are the OP's parents? Has he got his hormones checked if he is much below his expected percentile? If so, he needs to get them checked and see a doctor.

2. I grew three inches after 16. I didn't stop growing until 22/23, even if it was by half an inch by then. Bone wise, my clavicles grew much bigger, my face really only changed after 18. It varies, what applies to the average does not apply to everyone.

According to this graph, even for the average boy, there are still roughly two inches of growth between 16-18.

height-2-20-boys.png

To the OP, sleep at-least 8 hours a day, get good protein, make sure you eat enough, get calcium and Vitamin D [in safe precribed ammounts do not overdose].

If you're already 19/20/21, you may still grow, there are cases, but i recommend focusing on improving posture, we often have 3/4 of an inch hidden that way.

It all depends how old you are - are you 16? 17? even 18? or are you in your 20's?

Edited by QuranandAhlulbayt

Guest Tess

I'm an optimistic and here are a few of my experiences through duas I hope i will motivate you and give you hope 

- Last year I made a dua for 40days to lose weight I had strong faith and believe in Allah he is al Muhaymin the one who is able to do everything. After 3 weeks I lost a lot of fat (a few pounds) but A LOT OF FAT but at the same time I started eating better not less only better food 

- I asked Allah for hair growth because for some reason I lost a lot of hair through the years I gain inches in one month 

Honestly all you have to do I believe in the powers of Allah and act like your dua is already granted and also have PATIENCE don't check your height everyday 

and I suggest you do daily stretching too