Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Just some guidance before using sources of others

Rate this topic

guest051217

:bismillah:

Salamualaykum,

This is just some advice to all who engage in debates with others with relation to quoting their own sources in order to engage in a debate.  It is important to look at the grading of that paticular source in terms of how the group you are debating themselves grade it. If you pick up a narration or a source that is weak according to them, you must acknowledge you understand to them this is not something authentic. This will enable you to avoid losing reputability. However, this does not mean you can not use that narration as evidence, but when you do, explain why you deem it to be something you rely on, or perhaps something you may take and rely on when accompanied with other evidence, and thus, what you present is using that evidence as a piece hollistically in light of other evidences, which you deem to strengthen your argument.

I understand that using a strict isnaad criteria in terms of history is not really a logical method in and of itself [though it is important, no doubt], but if you use or rely on something weak, justify why.

• Moderators

Sometimes it doesn't even matter if the debater considers the narration weak if the hadith itself is transmitted through multiple chains and sources. Than that hadith would be considered mutawater, in other words, reliable.

Edited by Hassan-

• Veteran Member

My opinion is; Sunnis concept of "Sahih" is their downfall, because even if a  narration may be technically lie that is forged and falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allah swt they the Sunnis have to accept it regardless of its isnaad because its being SAHIH!

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, power said:

My opinion is; Sunnis concept of "Sahih" is their downfall, because even if a  narration may be technically lie that is forged and falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allah swt they the Sunnis have to accept it regardless of its isnaad because its being SAHIH!

To accept a hadith even when it is against Quran, the aale Muhammad and reason to me it's a sort of shirk.

• Veteran Member
20 hours ago, Talut said:

To accept a hadith even when it is against Quran, the aale Muhammad and reason to me it's a sort of shirk.

I'm not sure if it's considered "Shirk" but i would definitely say it's blasphemy.