Rate this topic

yes, despairing of allahs mercy is a great sin

https://www.al-islam.org/greater-sins-volume-1-ayatullah-sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/second-greater-sin-yas-despair

why dont you want to live any more bro? is there anything I/ We can do to ease your suffering?

1 hour ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Is it wrong if i pray for my death? I am tired of my life and I don't want to live anymore. 

Yes I feel the same way. I don't think its good to pray for a hastened death, I think the key is trust, I pray prayers like this too, but I actually think it is a sin, because if we trusted Allah we would know he gives life and death. We can not hasten it or bring it forward, 

3 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Is it wrong if i pray for my death? I am tired of my life and I don't want to live anymore. 

3 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Life is harsh. I can't take it anymore. 

Salaam brother. 

I can understand your situation. Life sometimes appears to be cruel on us and we wish for its end. It's not you and  me but it happens with every single one of us at some point of time. But this phase is temporary and  something better is waiting. 

"Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief "

Quran (94:5)

Imam Ali (a.s.) Said: Every tribulation other than the fire [of hell] is [a means to] wellbeing.

Ghorar al-Hikam. 

4 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Brother, I don't know all your problems (we all have some) but you are definitely tired of being on a restricted diet to lose weight and frustrated about that. You are looking at your diet as deprivation. Stop focusing on the food you are not allowed to eat and look for a hobby. Take a walk. Or just spend more time at ShiaChat. :D 

5 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

It sounds like you're clinically depressed and need a good therapist.

So change it.

You can't change everything. You can't change other people, but you can change how you react, you can change yourself, and you probably can change your situation. 

And when you change, the people around you will start to change too, in time. 

Salaam,

After losing everything nad everyone in Karbala, Imam Hussain (as) did not pray for death, neither did Imam Sajjad (as) nor Hz Zainab (as).

No matter where you are in life, just remember that 50% of the people in the world are worse off than you so do shukr for what you have even if it is just another breath. 

Notme is right, can't change people and you may not be able to change your situation  but whatever is ailing you, it's only temporary, just like this life. 

However, if you feel that you might be clinically depressed, please don't hesitate or be ashamed to contact a professional for your mental well-being. 

SC needs it's Anchorman, Ron Burgundy. 

10 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Ron, please don't make us worried about you! Everyone else replied with good answers. Heed their advice. Brother you are in my duas. 

Guest Daniel
11 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

With all due respect Ron_Burgundy,

Perhaps theres no happiness anywhere. Not even in a memory. If it helps, try and find something that geniually makes you happy. Recently iv taken up knitting. Yah sounds corny but im amazed how i love it, i turn tv on and could sit for hours, or i say astaghfur rub as im knitting instead of prayer beads. Ask yourself, if you could do something in heaven (aka forever) and everytime you do it, makes you happy what is it :)  

15 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

It is surely wrong to "PRAY" for your death. Or do you think you're from the Sadiqeens, the Purified ones? Is that no sin ever touched you, that you're calling for your own death hence closing the doors of His mercy & closing the doors of repentance for yourself?

(فَتَمَنَّوُاْ الْمَوْتَ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ)

Instead of complaining the hardship of life, why don't you strive brother, to dedicate your life & death, turning your sacrifices & struggles into a great cause i.e., "LILLAHE RABBUL AALAMEEN".