Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaMan14

World Travel: What Countries have you visited

22 minutes ago, Klanky said:

I'm thinking about going to Oman next year, there's no question about whether I want to or not but I gather it is a bit expensive both for hotels and transport with few budget options available. I don't like to spend a lot of money on hotels when I tend to spend most of my holiday time out and about away from the hotel. If it's clean I am happy enough. Anyway, just wondering if anyone can add anything about costs there. I quite like hitch-hiking so I might do a least a bit of that just for the pleasure of it. 

@Pearl178 might be able to give some advice. I think she is familiar with Oman.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:24 AM, ShiaMan14 said:

Will write a review of the trip. So far, been to Venice, Florence, Pisa, Sorrento, Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Capri, Ana Capri, Pompeii and now Rome.

Are you still in Italy? 

Do any shiachatters have any experience of camping as Muslims? What does one need to think about Most importantly? 

And have really no one been to beautiful Norway? That famous nature...

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Are you still in Italy? 

Do any shiachatters have any experience of camping as Muslims? What does one need to think about Most importantly? 

I am back now. Had a great time. Will post some pics on another thread.

I have been camping several times. What do you need to know?

5 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Are you still in Italy? 

What are best places to view northern lights and what will be temperature in Norway in December January?

I have a plan but all depends on schedules.

Good hotel chains will be helpful.

I was planning to bring my 4x4 but there is no ferry service from UK to Norway.

It is only via Amestadem with at least two changes.

Flying into and and out is the best option but then need to hire a seperate car as the roads must be slippery during that time.

6 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

I am back now. Had a great time. Will post some pics on another thread.

I have been camping several times. What do you need to know?

I look forward to seeing them! :)

What's most important to know regarding camping as a Muslim? What must one not forget? 

5 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

What are best places to view northern lights and what will be temperature in Norway in December January?

I have a plan but all depends on schedules.

Good hotel chains will be helpful.

I was planning to bring my 4x4 but there is no ferry service from UK to Norway.

It is only via Amestadem with at least two changes.

Flying into and and out is the best option but then need to hire a seperate car as the roads must be slippery during that time.

I don't know so much yet as I haven't done all research properly yet. We will try to get information from acquaintances in Norway InshaAllah and of course do our own research as well. But we are busy right now. 

Please let me know if you find valuable information. I'm into watching the aurora as well. Imagine camping in beautiful nature and laying beneath the stars watching them or the aurora - what a cool experience! 

Unfortunately I missed the aurora in Iceland because there was simply no more time in my schedule. I don't want to miss it in Norway too. 

7 hours ago, Carlzone said:

I look forward to seeing them! :)

What's most important to know regarding camping as a Muslim? What must one not forget? 

A lot of it depends on the weather.

You definitely want a tent of course. Then you can take sleeping bags but we prefer air mattresses. Other items include:

Mosquito repellent

Lamps (led preferably)

a good knife

Fire starter

Lots and lots of food :D

Americas:
    USA

Europe:
    England; Scotland (x5); France (x4); Eire; Greece (x4); Netherlands; Belgium, Poland, Russia, Germany (x4), Denmark, Iceland

Africa:
    Egypt

Asia:
China (x3), Hong Kong (x20), Indonesia (x2); India (x6), Iraq (x2), Iran (x5), Malaysia (x10), Pakistan (x10), Saudi Arabia (x3), Kuwait (x2), Jordan; Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Singapore (x20); Syria (x5); United Arab Emirates (x6)

Edited by Haji 2003

7 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

A lot of it depends on the weather.

You definitely want a tent of course. Then you can take sleeping bags but we prefer air mattresses. Other items include:

Mosquito repellent

Lamps (led preferably)

a good knife

Fire starter

Lots and lots of food :D

Many thanks for your help! :)

Good thing you brought up mosquito repellent. I would have forgotten this and I'm allergic to insect bites. 

I'm a small person so personally I don't need too much food especially when I'm travelling. I enjoy travelling more when I eat less. I'm usually superfocused on experiencing things instead. 

27 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Many thanks for your help! :)

Good thing you brought up mosquito repellent. I would have forgotten this and I'm allergic to insect bites. 

I'm a small person so personally I don't need too much food especially when I'm travelling. I enjoy travelling more when I eat less. I'm usually superfocused on experiencing things instead. 

Ah, food is half the fun but it depends who and how many people you are going with. We usually have 4-6 families so it's a lot of fun.

^ lucky.

When we travel, it’s always by ourselves, (as a family) and @Carlzone: I don’t like eating too much while traveling because I’d much rather sightsee lol :) 

2 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

^ lucky.

When we travel, it’s always by ourselves, (as a family) and @Carlzone: I don’t like eating too much while traveling because I’d much rather sightsee lol :) 

Just for camping. 

We do take extended family trips as well.

3 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

^ lucky.

Glad that we have that in common! :)

Do you also enjoy travelling? 

I've been to 24 countries/states so far. If I could I would travel 365 days a year and visit every country in this world and after that I would go travel in space as well :hahaha:

5 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Just for camping. 

We do take extended family trips as well.

Camping is pretty fun. We had been wanting to do a family trip for a while (Iraq, especially since I’ve never been.) so we will see what happens. It’s always fun being with extended family on trips of any kind. 

17 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

In my 8-9 days in Italy, we visited Venice, Florence, Pisa, Sorrento, Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Capri, Ana-Capri, Pompeii, Rome and Vatican City!!!

Was a tiring but wonderful trip.

Not bad MashaAllah! :)

I did some roadtripping in Spain, but the thing is that I felt that I needed more time to really experience each city. I need 5-8 days normally to experience one modern city. 

59 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Glad that we have that in common! :)

Do you also enjoy travelling? 

I've been to 24 countries/states so far. If I could I would travel 365 days a year and visit every country in this world and after that I would go travel in space as well :hahaha:

I love traveling! :) I just wish I did it more often! And lucky!! I’ve only been to a handful of states, haha :) and just a few countries. 

Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, UK and Germany.

Next country will definitely be Iran, I've saved some money and am already planning my trip to iA be able to visit Imam Reza Mosque. Apart from that, Persian architecture is amazing, I love their domes and their mosaic work.

1 hour ago, Bakir said:

Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, UK and Germany.

Next country will definitely be Iran, I've saved some money and am already planning my trip to iA be able to visit Imam Reza Mosque. Apart from that, Persian architecture is amazing, I love their domes and their mosaic work.

Please read my blog on my 10 days in Iran. Great place.