Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaMan14

World Travel: What Countries have you visited

11 hours ago, Marbles said:

Secluded part? In Thailand?

Good luck!!

Actually, there are lots and lots of secluded places in Thailand. Some many islands that are almost untouched by man.

On a side note, this is no joke - of all the South Asian countries I have visited, Thailand and specifically Bangkok was the only one where they sold insects of all kinds in a stick for snacking!!!

4 hours ago, Marbles said:

I'm planning for a trip to Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia/Myanmar, but my uncle is still insisting that I apply for the US visa and go with him, as this was the original plan before stupid Americans voted in Trump. 

Sri Lanka is on my list too.

Been to Singapore - need 3 days there.
Been to Cambodia - Siem Reap is awesome. I went to Angkor Wat and also Ta Prohme. Amazing!!!

10 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Can't believe none of you have been to Oman. You guys have no idea what you're missing out on!! Funnily enough whenever I'm abroad and I tell people I'm from here the response I get almost all the time is "What/where is that?." 

I've been to Oman and stayed there for quite some time. It is an amazing place to be in, and the people are great there. Can't help but upload a few snaps! :

The Nizwa Souq :

DSC_0473_zpspmi74mri.jpg

The Nizwa Fort :

DSC_0483_zpsu1tqvbz0.jpg

The beautiful Grand Sultan Qaboos Masjid :

Sultan%20Qaboos%20Masjid%20-%202_zps6fgt

Would love to visit that place again.

10 hours ago, Marbles said:

I'm guessing abroad means the West. Oman is not in Daily Doom News so the average Joe wouldn't have an idea where it is located or if it even exists.

Johala....

I remember there was this one time BBC mentioned Oman can't remember what for. We were ecstatic. And yeah not many know it exists. It's come to the point that one of the tourism companies here wants to sponsor individuals from abroad to come here for a short trip and go around the country and write a blog and publish it on their daily newspaper ... something along those lines.. lol. 

@repenter google is your friend. 

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

On a side note, this is no joke - of all the South Asian countries I have visited, Thailand and specifically Bangkok was the only one where they sold insects of all kinds in a stick for snacking!!

Lol yeah. Don't tell me you ate those sea horses on stick sold on street carts...

24 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Lol yeah. Don't tell me you ate those sea horses on stick sold on street carts...

okay, then I wont tell you. hahaha

not at all brother. yuck...

On 3/21/2017 at 4:37 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

Couple of days ago....HuffPo reported an American Muslim family ( citizens, kids born here) refused re-entry to US after going on umrah in KSA.

Stuck in Turkey.

Those countries are not on " the list".

Super.

can born-citizens also be stopped entry?

I've been to:

France

Germany

UAE

Iran

My favorite thus far is Abu Dahbi. 

15 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

I remember there was this one time BBC mentioned Oman can't remember what for. We were ecstatic. And yeah not many know it exists. It's come to the point that one of the tourism companies here wants to sponsor individuals from abroad to come here for a short trip and go around the country and write a blog and publish it on their daily newspaper ... something along those lines.. lol.

@repenter google is your friend.

You're in luck Pearl178. Just last week I was reading the Metro newspaper here in the UK and their travel section had a long piece on their visit to Oman. They were gushing with joy about the experience they'd had travelling the length of the country. It was a big thumbs up from them and they specifically mentioned that it's a 'hidden gem' but might not be for long.