Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaMan14

World Travel: What Countries have you visited

Africa; Tanzania (origin), Kenya, Egypt and South Africa

Europe: UK. Also, Zurich, Rome, Dublin and Amsterdam airports.

North America: US (currently live) & Canada

Asia: india, UAE, Oman, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq. Also Doha and Manama airports. 

Best countries: Of course nothing beats home, but I loved South Africa. I didn't get to see much of Iran, Iraq and Syria other than the shrines. I like the West Coast in America, not so much a fan of the East, too cold. 

^Well you must have visited Al Hussein Mosque in Cairo? Just wondering, how is it for Shia in Tanzania? Are Shia like 20% of the population? 

@ali_fatheroforphans Thailand looks so beautiful. I would LOVE to go. I would go to a secluded part of the beach and chill out there. Thailand is right under Iran on my travel bucket list.

52 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Woah you have been to so many.

My list:

-Australia( live here)

- Iran

- Pakistan 

- New Zealand 

- Malaysia 

- Thailand 

Salaam.

I forgot I have been to Cambodia (Siam Reap) and Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket).

Both amazing places.

I am much less well-travelled than y'all.

In chronological order:

Iran

Turkey

USA

Canada

Mexico

UK

Went to Pakistan and UAE as an infant. doesn't count, obviously.

Interested in going pretty much anywhere, except for "Israel," south Korea, and anywhere in western Europe. 

1 hour ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

^Well you must have visited Al Hussein Mosque in Cairo?

Probably not, I was only 4, I don't remember it much, I just remember we went on the Nile Cruise.

1 hour ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Just wondering, how is it for Shia in Tanzania? Are Shia like 20% of the population? 

Its great, especially my home city, pretty big community about 15000 Shias. Shias would be about 5-10% of the population, we are 20% of the muslim population, with muslims making up about 40% of the total population. The Sunnis are not sectarian at all for the most part though, they are pretty moderate, not many Salafis, though there are reports that is growing. The American Embassy was attacked in 1998 in a terrorist attack, but these instances are rare. This is one of the Muharram nights at the mosque;

Ashura-Juloos-in-Dar-es-Salaam-2008-120.

Aerial view of the mosque; 

dsc_0042_edit1.jpg?w=768

They have been making a lot of progress with the community I must say, they have built a swimming facility, a gym next to the mosque and they have ladies/gents only access hours too. They also have a tabligh library right across, where they also hold madrasah classes, for the boys it goes up to class 12/13, for girls I think it goes up to class 10/11. When I was still in madrasah, we had classes in Dinyat/Fiqh, Quran, Islamic History, Akhlaq, Arabic and Namaaz/Dua. At some point they also had classes in Aqa'eed, Islam & Science and also Current Affairs. In Ramadhan they also organize a sports festival and they have different sorts of sports, its a great way to socialize with people and play something too, but people tend to get really intense lol. They also have a community school, from kindergarten to secondary, although I personally went to a different school, which also had a lot of Shias too though. The atmosphere is really vibrant in Ramadhan, you have iftar at the graveyard/cemetery and also at the mosque, then you have Quran/Duas at the mosque, then after that everyone goes to play. They also have a place right next to mosque where if you have guests that come by and you cannot host them, they can stay there, at a very reasonable rate and they have pretty much all the amenities you need. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

5 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

I would go to a secluded part of the beach and chill out there. Thailand is right under Iran on my travel bucket list.

Secluded part? In Thailand?

Good luck!!

1 minute ago, Pearl178 said:

Can't believe none of you have been to Oman. You guys have no idea what you're missing out on!! Funnily enough whenever I'm abroad and I tell people I'm from here the response I get almost all the time is "What/where is that?." 

What is there to do in Oman?

34 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

whenever I'm abroad and I tell people I'm from here the response I get almost all the time is "What/where is that?." 

I'm guessing abroad means the West. Oman is not in Daily Doom News so the average Joe wouldn't have an idea where it is located or if it even exists.

Johala....