Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ibn Taymiyyah Dream

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

سبحان الله

Salam Alaikum, oh brothers and sisters around the globe!

Please tell me about what Ibn Taymiyyah's (May Allah curse him) view on laughing was.

Today, I had a dream when he was in a house with 20-30 people. He said that laughing is a toxic reaction of the mind. He had a black turban with a white-black beard. He had a very ugly hawk nose.

By Allah, this dream was real and every corner counted.

Jazak Allah Khair

1 hour ago, Kazemi said:

سبحان الله

Please tell me about what Ibn Taymiyyah's (May Allah curse him) view on laughing was.

Today, I had a dream when he was in a house with 20-30 people. He said that laughing is a toxic reaction of the mind. He had a black turban with a white-black beard. He had a very ugly hawk nose.

Jazak Allah Khair

Salam brother do u know or asked a scholar why you had a dream of ibn taymiyyah??

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

Salam brother do u know or asked a scholar why you had a dream of ibn taymiyyah??

No, this is uncommon for me.

Before this dream, I only knew he was continuing the Hanbali belief. Nothing more.

By Allah, do I overdo?

Jazak Allah Khair.

Edited by Kazemi
Adding more information
  • Veteran Member

W Salsm

Lol, neuroscientist bn taymiyya!

I don't know much about dream interpretation, especially this peculiar case, but I think ibn taymiyya in this dream might be symbolic, representing animosity to Ahl Al-Bayt Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã or devil himself, who knows.

If I were you I would give sadaqa and recite Ziyarat 'Aashura, 100 times cursing the enemies of Ahl al-Bayt Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.

• Advanced Member

No crying because that is symbol of shia

No laughing that is symbol of kafir

No black that is the symbol of shia

No green that is the symbol of sufis

No ties that is the symbol of christians

No tv that is the symbol of the west

No short beards that is the symbol of kafirs

No denial of marriage that is the symbol of kafirs

No driving because men can see you through the window

No education that is the symbol of logic

And we all know their opposition to logic... 

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Kazemi said:

سبحان الله

Jazak Allah Khair

Who is Ibn Taymiyyah? Was he part of the Ahl al-Bayt a.s. or maybe guided by them a.s.?

Edited by Faruk
On 18/03/2017 at 6:48 PM, Faruk said:

Who is Ibn Taymiyyah? Was he part of the Ahl al-Bayt a.s. or maybe guided by them a.s.?

He was a renown scholar who is highly respected by Sunnis. He extensively refuted the Nusayris and the Rafidah of his time, which is why Ithna Ashari Shia hate him to this day. He is somewhat of a bogeyman to Shia scholars besides Sheikh Ibn Abdul Wahab because both were firmly against innovation, therefore Shia scholars today attack these two the most without paying proper academic consideration to their books. 

Edited by Zamestaneh
  • Advanced Member
17 hours ago, Zamestaneh said:

He was a renown scholar who is highly respected by Sunnis. He extensively refuted the Nusayris and the Rafidah of his time, which is why Ithna Ashari Shia hate him to this day. He is somewhat of a bogeyman to Shia scholars besides Sheikh Ibn Abdul Wahab because both were firmly against innovation, therefore Shia scholars today attack these two the most without paying proper academic consideration to their books. 

I am not a Shia but he is a bogeyman to me because of his negative view on the Ahl al-Bayt/Aale Muhammad.

And once your view about them is negative you miss a pillar of belief. I can and do not take him seriously at all and do believe that he is only venerated by nasibi.

2 hours ago, Faruk said:

I am not a Shia but he is a bogeyman to me because of his negative view on the Ahl al-Bayt/Aale Muhammad.

And once your view about them is negative you miss a pillar of belief. I can and do not take him seriously at all and do believe that he is only venerated by nasibi.

1. What is your evidence that he is against the Ahlul Bayt? Rather he is not, he is against the Rafidah and Nusayri who are the enemies of the Ahlul Bayt by exaggerating their status in insulting ways, like the Christians did with Isa (AS).

2. The Ahlul Bayt (at least in terms of Imamah) are not a pillar - the pillars of belief are the five found clearly in the Quran:

- Belief

- Salah

- Zakaat

- Sawm

- Hajj

The Ahlul Bayt are to be respected and they are companions too from whom Sunnis (including Ibn Taymiyyah RH) can take the Sunnah from.

Edited by Zamestaneh
  • Advanced Member

ولم يزل ابن تيمية في الجب إلى أن شفع فيه مهنا أمير آل فضل فأخرج في ربيع الأول في الثالث وعشرين منه وأحضر إلى القلعة ووقع البحث مع بعض الفقهاء فكتب عليه محضر بأنه قال أنا أشعري

Ibn Taimiyah remained in the jail till the prince Mehana al-Fadel intercede for him. In the 23th of Rabee al-Awal he (Ibn Taimiyah) was brought to the fort and debated with some scholars then they wrote a report that he (Ibn Taimiyah) admitted to be Ash’ari. 
Al-Durar al-Kamina, Volume 1 page 47

Hid his beliefs to get out of prison. So Taqiyya is halal for Sunni's?

وأما إسلام علي فهل يكون مخرجا له من الكفر على قولين

There are two opinions as to whether Ali’s conversion to Islam released him from kufr or not”

Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 4 page 137:

Ohhhh my God what is he saying!!!!

وعلي رضي الله عنه كان قصده أن يتزوج عليها فله في أذاها غرض

“Ali intended to marry so as to hurt her (Fatima) on purpose.”

Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 7 page 172:8

Oh that explains why Umar charged her house. Social Justic Warrior Umar ibn Khattab at it again.

Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 5 page 522:

فإن أبا بكر إمام لا يتصرف لنفسه بل للمسلمين ، والمال لم يأخذه لنفسه بل للمسلمين ، وفاطمة تطلب لنفسها

Verily Abu Bakr is an Imam who did not act for himself but for the Muslims and as for the money, he did not take it for himself but for the Muslims whilst Fatima was demanding it for herself.

Because she had a right to her inheritance...

He was honestly not very smart.

It is so easy to fake a hadith. Lets play a little game. Sahih or Sunni!

Camel piss or Lavendar Lotion is the Sunnah.

Cue the jeopardy music.

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari