Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaMan14

Sunni Robot - Salat

Rate this topic

I wonder if these robots could be used to offer qada salah for people.

This could be a great investment opportunity.

I buy the Robot for $1,000. Then I charge people who want qada salah performed for their deceased and have the robot perform it.

ROI would be so quick.

Edited by shiaman14

3 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

I wonder if these robots could be used to offer qada salah for people.

This could be a great investment opportunity.

I buy the Robot for $1,000. Then I charge people who want qada salah performed for their deceased and have the robot perform it.

ROI would be so quick.

Why do I feel that is not acceptable... 

33 minutes ago, HayderM said:

Why do I feel that is not acceptable... 

gosh darn it.:)

13 minutes ago, power said:

No wudu no salah.

surely a robot that can pray can do wudu or tayamum

A robot has no soul...no soul to even have the potential to get closer to Allah, goes to show you can't rely on technology for everything...

Though I bet Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi muftis will probably give out some baseless fatwa stating that robots can do qadha namaaz, make a business out of it, kill all competition, and monopolize the industry, they are in dire need of money :P 

^I would like to respectfully disagree, there are just some things that robots can't do, children must realize early on that salat isn't just some robotic ritual, rather its a dynamic, wholesome interaction with Allah. Robots cannot mimic those associated emotions. It would be much better on the psyches if they learned how to do salat through another human, preferably a parent, not some hunk of metal that I don't think humans naturally want to emulate. But I see what you had in mind. 

It would never be the same as if a human was teaching it. Besides, children learn the basics by watching their parents do it multiple times. Me personally, I wouldn't let my child near a salat-teaching robot. I'm going to teach them myself and get all the thawaab :)

11 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Nice post. The idea comes in mind that this Robot may perform the Salat as Imam of Sunnis. As they do not have any specific conditions for Imam as any one can be their  imam

Edited by skyweb1987

This can be perceived in a lot of negative ways.

The positive message is that Muslims are working on robotics.

In all seriousness, I can see a good use of this robot. If someone is paralyzed or a paraplegic, could they not do the niyah and recite the words while think the actions and the robot performs them. This is not required of course but could be mentally beneficial to the patient.

You are right, I was blind to possible positives. Muslims are getting into the robotics industry and won't stop with just salat-praying robots.

You may be on to something with the robot praying with paralyzed people. Though we're going to need fatwas for that, and a different robot that does Shia salat.

But I see your heartt is in the right place.

1 hour ago, alimr313 said:

You may be on to something with the robot praying with paralyzed people. Though we're going to need fatwas for that, and a different robot that does Shia salat.

But I see your heartt is in the right place.

Yes of course, it would have to be permissible in sharia via fatwa, etc.

Science is getting advanced to where robots are controlled with thought so this could be one use. 

On 3/17/2017 at 2:07 PM, shiaman14 said:

The so-called Sunni praying robot (arms crossed) put his knees down first, before he put his hands on the floor. Don't Sunnis say the hands have to touch down first, before the knees? 

21 hours ago, alimr313 said:

It would never be the same as if a human was teaching it. Besides, children learn the basics by watching their parents do it multiple times. 

Sometimes father prays in the masjid. Mother can't pray and leave the kids alone until father or someone else comes home. 

51 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

The so-called Sunni praying robot (arms crossed) put his knees down first, before he put his hands on the floor. Don't Sunnis say the hands have to touch down first, before the knees? 

Sunni praying needs overhauling.

Robot too.

34 minutes ago, alimr313 said:

Do Shias even believe in the possibility of actual artificial intelligence? Because isn't intelligence someone that Allah has given us to succeed in this world's tests?

Aql is Allah's gift to us. You can fake create it but it will never be as good as Allah's creation.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:00 PM, shiaman14 said:

Artificial intelligence???

Well you said its artificial, whereas niyat comes from you heart and mind which cannot be artificial. 

18 hours ago, power said:

Well you said its artificial, whereas niyat comes from you heart and mind which cannot be artificial. 

13 hours ago, myouvial said:

The realm of Artificial Inteligence can not reach the realm of philosophycal.

Brothers - I am in no way saying that Allah would accept the prayers of a robot or a robot with AI. That was just jest.

However, I do think a robot can be used by disabled and paralyzed people to help complete tasks including actions during salah.

The price of the robot would not allow people to buy it. I think this praying robot is simply a teaching tool. If taken around to the classrooms it can get children excited to learn how to pray like the robot they saw in their school. It would be a moment that they always remember.