Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yashia

Pakistan vs India in Kashmir

Rate this topic

I am having a discussion In Shia, Muslim, Multifaith Discussion Group [https://www.facebook.com/groups/928589737209147/] in relation to Iran and the situation in Kashmir. All are welcome to join and state their points. 

I have asked a Press Tv journalist, and am in the midst of asking another journalist that both may have different sides (as requested because the person was blaming Iran said I am bias in supporting the enemy of Muslims [India]).  This is the news that I have gathered so far and this was the status (please correct me if I am wrong):

Pakistanis, would know the situation better than me, but this news is from a journalist and sometimes reporter, for a news agency that is very successful and has journalists in many countries. With this and in relation to the issue, they have come down with the following conclusions:

- Saudi Arabia has sponsored extremists in the area (Kashmir).

- Though they (India) should not kill Muslim children,  the terrorists have used kids in syria, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan to suicide bomb people.

- The Indian army had been very vile in its crackdown, though it could be much better, according to the journalists there is a lot of tension in Kashmir and it is a very hard situation. The aim is to kill the terrorists, not the Muslims and India should be told to not kill children and be more careful though children are used for suicide attacks.

What I know is we should not be quick to blame Iran, and is wrong too since they have not they are our trusted allies that do not have a bad history. The Pakistani government (which is said to be separate from it's army) has ties with Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia is as we know of the biggest if not the biggest source of terrorist sponsoring. Though the army may have declined to fight in the war in Yemen, the government still works with Saudi Arabia and it isn't clear what goes on under the table and I am sure if Iran found something wrong with India and knew they were completely in the wrong they would not hold such ties with them.

[On the other side, it is said that Hindus have allegedly complained how India has occupied Kashmir, and is said UN and humans right watch groups (I need a reference) have reported rape of minor females and rape to stop people standing up as a weapon and shooting little boys throwing stones at Indian officers, also that the situation is compared with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, that is not just an extremist fight, but that the viewpoint is that India does have bad intentions towards the good Muslims of Kashmir and that Pakistanis are always victimised to what India do.]

One of the comments on this status were:

Pakistan staked claim to kashmir cz of its Muslim majority but.... We must evaluate how has Pakistan treated its existing states. Punjab has always dominated the other regions be it politically or be it economically. Bangladesh was a result of discriminatory treatment of Pakistan towards its Bengali Muslim majority. The urdu speaking Muslims of Pakistan who infact were largely instrumental in achieving Pakistan are still addressed as 'Mohajirs' (Migrants). Since last 20 years  Shias in Pakistan are being targeted on daily basis by Wahabi organizations funded and supported by Saudi Arabia. Kashmir on Indian side is being invaded by Wahabi terrorists from Pakistan in the same way Syria has been invaded by foreign terrorists. My question how can mayhem created by foreign terrorists be called freedom struggle? Agreed there have been instances of excesses by Indian army which are bound to happen in such a situation as have happened in any country where terrorism is prevalent. I see kashmiris in much better condition on Indian side compared to the kashmiris on Pakistan side or even Baluchis of Baluchistan.

JazakAllah kheir for your contribution.

Edited by yashia

An update of the comments. I wrote:

Edited by yashia

l did a course on the Kashmir decades ago. What they really have is a virtually insolvable problem that has become the pet-project of many combatting groups --with the Kashmiris caught in the middle and doing the suffering.

5 hours ago, yashia said:

I am bias in supporting the enemy of Muslims [India]). 

India is not an enemy of Muslims. There are more than 150 million Muslims in India.

Sure enough, there are individuals in the Indian government who are hostile to Muslims but there are also those who are in the opposite camp,in favour of general peace and support for minorities. 

Similarly, there are individuals in the government of Pakistan who are dead enemies of certain branches of Islam.    

More importantly, far too many Muslims are being killed regularly in Pakistan. Similar reports from India have been few and far between.

1 hour ago, baqar said:

I am bias in supporting the enemy of Muslims [India]). 

By the way when I wrote this, I was quoting what the person was saying to me and do not necessarily support them.

Edited by yashia

7 hours ago, baqar said:

India is not an enemy of Muslims. There are more than 150 million Muslims in India.

Sure enough, there are individuals in the Indian government who are hostile to Muslims but there are also those who are in the opposite camp,in favour of general peace and support for minorities. 

Similarly, there are individuals in the government of Pakistan who are dead enemies of certain branches of Islam.    

More importantly, far too many Muslims are being killed regularly in Pakistan. Similar reports from India have been few and far between.

If they are not the enemy, why did they hurt Muslims that weren't even part of the protest (it is not a crime to protest ).

Some might be good, but overall bad since the good people in parliament weren't powerful enough to stop the incidents that are taking place in Kashmir.

These photo's are from a Kashmiri journalist/activist:

This is very wrong.

IMG_7997.PNG

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l did a course on the Kashmir decades ago. What they really have is a virtually insolvable problem that has become the pet-project of many combatting groups --with the Kashmiris caught in the middle and doing the suffering.

Would India be one of them?

If so, should Iran not break ties with them?

4 hours ago, yashia said:

This is very wrong.

Yes, brother, I agree.

India has committed many foul acts in Kashmir but Pakistan is no angel either. Politics is a dirty game.

Please remember that the character of individual politicians is NEVER strong enough to try and correct every wrong, regardless of their religion or nationality.

They are mostly a pack of egoist self-seekers.

That by no means makes India an enemy of Muslims. 

India is much less an enemy of Muslims than Saudi Arabia is of Shias.   

But if you insist on calling them enemies, well, fine.

12 hours ago, yashia said:

Would India be one of them?

In a real way. l think it was Vagpayee who said that he would throw his country, lndia,  into civil war if he made about any deal over Kashmir. Reason, the Buddhists have a holy lake there which is a pilgrimage site. The Pakistanis are is a similarly deadly spot: if Pakistan tried to force the issue, another Indo-Paki war will erupt. China has about a fourth(?) of Kashmir and what will they do/not do?

There is no reason for lran to "break ties".