Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Having switched your Taqleed it's perhaps a little late to ask that question. However just my thoughts on the matter.

The question should be 'who is the most knowledgeable?' Not who is strictest.

strict and lax are relative terms within a wide range of subjects and rulings.

It seems that nowadays people wish to do something and look for a Marje that will allow them that activity rather then look at overall knowledge.

9 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

That doesn't mean they all have the same knowledge.

Yeah true but do you know that every human has an interest in certain field, Who knows which maraja is more skilled in Quran then others and who knows which Maraja is more expert in Hadith and Which Maraja is in Irfan. But since we do not know, we must respect all and let's not distinguish us between them because Marajas also dislike it that they be compared to each other.

I follow Ayatollah Sistani on fiqh issues, he seems quite moderate to me, but I'm not sure what you mean by strict exactly? You should choose your marja based on who you think is most knowledgeable though. You can do taqleed of one marja, and still follow other marja on issues where your own marja is not as explicit. For instance, I respect Ayatollah Khamenei and Khomeini's role in creating a political vision and representation for Shias, an area where Ayatollah Sistani has limited his involvement.

44 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I follow Ayatollah Sistani on fiqh issues, he seems quite moderate to me, but I'm not sure what you mean by strict exactly? You should choose your marja based on who you think is most knowledgeable though. You can do taqleed of one marja, and still follow other marja on issues where your own marja is not as explicit. For instance, I respect Ayatollah Khamenei and Khomeini's role in creating a political vision and representation for Shias, an area where Ayatollah Sistani has limited his involvement.

Are you sure we can do taqleed on more than one marja?

Ya Ali Madad Haqq

9 hours ago, repenter said:

Depends what you mean by strict.

Ayatollah Khamenei for example says woman must cover their feet infront of non mahrams...Ayatollah Sistani i think allows you to show feet. So if that is criteria of strict???

Khamenei also has good taste on western music http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/10918022/Irans-Ayatollah-Khamenei-reveals-surprising-taste-for-Western-music.html

That doesn't look strict to me, also i disagree with him on his aqeedah (which is the same as sufi's) and political issues...

Ya Ali Madad Haqq

9 minutes ago, ShiaforlifeinshaAllah said:

Are you sure we can do taqleed on more than one marja?

Ya Ali Madad Haqq

It depends on what your marja says regarding that. Some say if your marja passed away, you can continue to follow his fatwas and follow a new marja's fatwas regarding issues that your deceased marja has no say in. Some marjas say you can refer to another marja who has equal or higher knowledge then him on certain issues.