Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Nadiya

Salat & Menstruation Confusion

Rate this topic

Assalamualaikum,

I am a new convert to Shia Islam. I have some questions about menstruation and salat.

1. Do we have to make up salat missed during menstruation, or is dhikr during the time of menstruation sufficient?

2. My period is very irregular, sometimes lasting full months at a time. Do I just not do salat for months? Or is there a time when it becomes permissible to do salat during menstruation?

Thank you.

1. You don't have to make up the salat you missed as a result of your period. You do have to make up wajib(obligatory) fasting you missed (i.e. fasts in the month of Ramadan) due to your period. 

2. Any period lasting longer than 10 days is not considered a period for the purposes of fasting and praying. After 10 days you can pray. As far as more specifics, you should send your question to Sisters Consultancy group. 

2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

1. You don't have to make up the salat you missed as a result of your period. You do have to make up wajib(obligatory) fasting you missed (i.e. fasts in the month of Ramadan) due to your period. 

2. Any period lasting longer than 10 days is not considered a period for the purposes of fasting and praying. After 10 days you can pray. As far as more specifics, you should send your question to Sisters Consultancy group. 

Thank you very much for answering, brother. JazakAllah khair!