Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

I am at an important juncture of my life and need advice regarding which way to go. As Imams (a.s.) have told us to consult our momins brothers in moments of confusion, so um here.

I am 28 and doing a good prestigious job in a muslim country. After a lot of thinking I realized if I want real price for my life and if something is really worth achieving in life and if I want to live with the best people after the Imams, then I should join a Hauza Ilmia.

In my country I have the option of appearing in competitive exams and I am confident I can get a really powerful  govt.administrative job. This job is not only full of glamour of power but I perhaps may be able to help someone.  But then I fear that I shall become and shall be forced to become the part of the corrupt system. I shall start taking bribes and live luxorios life. Even if I remain honest, and say I am responsible for the administration of an area, shall I be able to check all the haram being done under my authority without my knowledge.Shall I be questioned about it on the day of judgement.

Summary:

Should I go to Hauza for spiritual life

or

Take a powerfull administrative job in a muslim country that really corrupt and run by a system that is not fully Islamic. 

27 minutes ago, the lion514 said:

I am at an important juncture of my life and need advice regarding which way to go. As Imams (a.s.) have told us to consult our momins brothers in moments of confusion, so um here.

I am 28 and doing a good prestigious job in a muslim country. After a lot of thinking I realized if I want real price for my life and if something is really worth achieving in life and if I want to live with the best people after the Imams, then I should join a Hauza Ilmia.

In my country I have the option of appearing in competitive exams and I am confident I can get a really powerful  govt.administrative job. This job is not only full of glamour of power but I perhaps may be able to help someone.  But then I fear that I shall become and shall be forced to become the part of the corrupt system. I shall start taking bribes and live luxorios life. Even if I remain honest, and say I am responsible for the administration of an area, shall I be able to check all the haram being done under my authority without my knowledge.Shall I be questioned about it on the day of judgement.

Summary:

Should I go to Hauza for spiritual life

or

Take a powerfull administrative job in a muslim country that really corrupt and run by a system that is not fully Islamic. 

first of all which country do you live?

2. Which hawza is this? You don't have to go full spiritual why not have some studies that improve you personally then come back and have that governemtn job and with that hawza training you will be spiritually strong enough inshallah to resist those bribes and other stuff and will jahad fi sabililah.

dude. 

finish your education THEN go to a hawza. theres too many unemployed and unemployable aalims across the world, doing nothing but being a burden on their local communities. 

use your education to better the environment in the hawza (there is a massive brain drain in these places, so regular talib-e-ilms are trying to fill the gaps as best they can) then, when your studies are over, you can go back and work for your living, while being an aalim. 

3 hours ago, the lion514 said:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Take the position and fix things instead of becoming an aalim and telling people about corruption and expecting someone else to fix things.

We need good, strong momins in politics.

14 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

We need good, strong momins in politics.

this X1000

we need shia in all levels of society. politics, police, prisons, social care and so on. shias are great at blaming everything on zionists/ israel/ the illuminati but are not willing to work on society themselves and make the changes.

the sunni are signing up to the police in droves. in around 10-15 years these same sunni will be leaders of the police force. the sunni are all getting voted into almost all the main local council seats in all the muslim areas. the sunni are the ones taking the lead in pretty much every facet of society.

shias? all our parents tell us is medicine, engineering, or law.  

we are handing complete control of our lives over to non shia. 

if OP wants to go be an aalim, then mashaAllah thats good. but for gods sake, break the mould OP. become an aalim AND someone actually useful to the people around them.