Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Music

Rate this topic

Guest Hassanali

Asalam walaikum brothers and sisters,

I wanted to ask that I was a semi professional musician but I just saw a majlis of analysis of music by Sayed Ammar nakshawani and came to know that how major sin it was but now I don't even listen to music but others in my home do. Now I pray my Salah and ask for forgiveness and I wanted to ask that what should I do with my instruments should I sell them make the charity or should I do something else I need a senior or a scholars opinion please....

• Veteran Member

According to al-Sistani:

2075. Purchase and sale of instruments of entertainment like, guitar, lute and harmonium etc., is haraam, and as a precaution, the same rule applies to the small musical instruments made as toys for the children. However, there is no harm in selling and purchasing instruments of common use, like, radio and tape-recorder, provided that it is not intended to use it for haraam purposes.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

That is Ayatollah Hosseini Nassab's opinion on alcohol so that is what I would do.

Speaking of Ayatollah Hosseini Nassab, does he still reside in Toronto? He used to be the speaker of our mosque for years in the past, and was a very nice person.

• Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

Speaking of Ayatollah Hosseini Nassab, does he still reside in Toronto? He used to be the speaker of our mosque for years in the past, and was a very nice person.

Yes I believe he does. He was at Al Hoda mosque, no?