Rate this topic

Salam,

I would advice read some good books like "nahjul Balagha" by Imam Ali as, and from other notable scholars. LISTEN CAREFULLY to any lectures, majalis, sermons.  And lastly Analyze what you read and listen for 10 to 15 mintutes. Good luck!

Salam,

I would advice read some good books like "nahjul Balagha" by Imam Ali as, and from other notable scholars. LISTEN CAREFULLY to any lectures, majalis, sermons.  And lastly Analyze what you read and listen for 10 to 15 mintutes. Good luck!

Emaan increased as your marafat increase. Marfat can be increased by studying and taffakur. The best way is to increase ilm and marfat is to ask God to help you in understanding the reality. I will recommend you to watch majalis of good and learned scholars. By doing so you can get knowledge in short time. Also do taffakur on quran. 

Pray  for us too.

As salaamun aleikum, welcome to ShiaChat and to Islam:) Hope to see more of you here:)

What really helped me was to establish myself in the local Shia community. I did this through Facebook. Once I had a good base of friends I became comfortable attending the masjid. After a short while, i met an amazing older sister who has been extremely instrumental in my spiritual growth and forward progression. I highly urge you to in sha Allah find someone who can help you in such a way. They can direct you in how to approach problems in life and how to deal with them in the appropriate Islamic manner, and they are a good source of encouragement in making beneficial changes. Im not sure where you are located, but unless its an Islamic country or very particular locations in the U.S. ,chances are, Muslims, especially Shia, will be far and few. To live in a non Islamic country without a solid foundation of working knowlege and without friends is difficult. I am constantly tried on a daily basis, and it truly helps to have someone who will always guide to the right path in times of confusion. Following the Sharia and integrating it into our lives is key to obtaining higher levels of knowlege and belief. Every ruling in the Sharia is based on whether it is good for our soul or not. Its effects are multidimensional and It is the beginning to spiritual growth and purification for us. It prepares us to recieve this higher knowledge and deeper belief. The more we understand how everything is connected, and actually experience  the benefits that living according to the sharia has, the more our imaan will grow. Islam is part bookstudy, but it has to be put into actual use in order to manifest its effects in our lives. Its one thing to learn of the benefits of fasting voluntarily-its something completely diffrent to FEEL AND EXPERIENCE what it does for our soul..

Anyhow, to be around people following these same guidelines as us (the Sharia) is very important. May Allah bless you with such a friend as He has done for me. These kind of friends are true friends. I wish for everyone to have at least one friend like this.

Edited by shia farm girl
Forgot something