Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
A Muslim Artist

Looking for a specific hadith

Rate this topic

Salaam everyone.  I have a request, see I was looking at this site, Sufi Comics, and I came upon that I really liked.  So I looked around for the hadith it is based on but... I came up short.  I tired many different search terms but I could not find it.  So I would really appreciate it if someone could provide the hadith for me.

Thanks!b5bfd90a7d5c12ad745d980eab658bed.jpg

The hadith you seek is from Imam Ali AS. It is in the chapter called 'An Account of Ibrahim and his righteous sons' in the book Hayat Al-Qulub, Vol. 1, Stories of the Prophets.

A reliable tradition from Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Ali says that when Allah desired to take away the soul of Ibrahim He sent the Angel of death. “As salaamo A’laika Ya Ibrahim” said the Angel of death. “Wa a’laikas salaamo Ya Malakul Maut,” replied Ibrahim, “Have you come to take me towards the Hereafter or you bring the news of death? Indeed, you have come to capture my soul!”
“Yes” said the Angel, “I have come for this purpose and by your permission I invite you to meet your Lord and enter the heavenly world. So please accept this invitation.”
Ibrahim said, “Have you ever seen a friend putting to death a friend?”
The angel went back to his appointed place in the Heavens and told Allah, “My Lord you heard what your Khalil said?”
It was revealed upon him to go back to Ibrahim and ask if he had known of any friend hesitating to meet his friend? A true friend is the one was looks forward to their meeting. Upon hearing this argument, Ibrahim relented.

Through trustworthy chains of narrators Imam as-Sadiq is reported to have said, “The soul of Ibrahim left for the heavenly abode when he had returned to Syria after performing hajj.” The reason for this was when the Angel of death approached, Ibrahim did not prefer death. The Angel of death went back to Allah and reported that Ibrahim did not want death.
“Let it be,” said Allah, “Ibrahim wants to worship Me.” .....

https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-1-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/account-ibrahim-and-his-righteous-sons