Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glory

What Quran says about the shape of the Earth?

Rate this topic

@notme

- I have used evidence over many threads including this one, and i can never convince anybody of anything. it is God who decides who believes in what. 

- shape of earth, or rather awareness thereof is obviously not detrimental to state of faith. Only God is. But I do believe that higher levels of knowledge, and the process of seeking knowledge is the path of the prophets of God, and the path to higher success.

- flat earth can not be a new movement, especially judging from most all world religions endorsing it in their heavenly books. For instance Bible:

Job 37:18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isaiah 40:22 (ISV) He's the one who sits above the disk of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He's the one who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in,

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Psalm 136:
6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever. 

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Isaiah 40:22 (ISV) He's the one who sits above the disk of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He's the one who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in,

Isaiah 43:6 I'll say to the north, 'Give them up'! and to the south, 'Don't keep them back!' Bring my sons from far away and my daughters from the ends of the earth—

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 

- See more at: http://testingtheglobe.com/bible#sthash.N7LbUCGM.dpuf

I would say that flat earth believers go back to Prophet Adam - among the humans anyway.

Many thanks,

byebye wasalaam

6 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

an ancient greek called Eratosthenes, who was born around 280BC. 

an explanation of his experiment which proved the earth is round can be found here:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/09/21/who-discovered-the-earth-is-ro/ 

very interesting, and I heard of it before. If you want to see a counterarguments, here one of many many many available on search engines:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Eratosthenes+on+Diameter

If you want to have an interesting shadow angle study that you can repeat from home and verify, watch this one. Even if you read the comments below this video you will find most people can't say anything against it ( with substance, not poetry  ) .. I am truly impressed by this guy and i recommend anybody to watch it for about 20 minutes from the beginning to the end: