Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Syed Hussain Abedi

Is selling water haram?

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, Syed Hussain Abedi said:

Assalamwalekom 

Just want to know selling of water is Haram or not bcoz people are saying is haram to sell the water if is haram or not kindly provide me references so i can inform to the public with confidence. 

Waiting for your response as earliest as possible.

As I studied there is no law concerning the issue you mentioned. Selling of water is not haram. Yes if a person's life is in danger and he is not able to buy water, you have to water him in order to stay alive, but in normal situations it is not haram.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:45 AM, Shaikh Jawad said:

Just want to know selling of water is Haram or not bcoz people are saying is haram to sell the water if is haram or not kindly provide me references so i can inform to the public with confidence.

Dear brother, you need to take everything from reliable sources. Do not listen to what people claim in matters of religious obligations because there are superstitions in the society that people believe in. There are baseless and unfounded beliefs that have no rational and Quranic proofs. If you want to make sure that something is either halal or haram, you should consult a learned and qualified Mujtahid.  In matters of legal rulings, you should always consult experts in legal matters.

When it comes to selling water, there is no objection in it. It is permissible to sell it especially if it is mineral water and bottled. Therefore, you can have a business of selling bottled and pure water to people.

May Allah grant you success.

For further details, you can go to www.islamportal.net  and use the search engine to find topics that you are interested in.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:20 PM, Syed Hussain Abedi said:

Assalamwalekom 

Waiting for your response as earliest as possible.

It is not haraam, but what prompted you to ask the question interests me more. Why did you think selling water might have the possibility of being haraam

On 3/6/2017 at 6:07 AM, A true Sunni said:

It is not haraam, but what prompted you to ask the question interests me more. Why did you think selling water might have the possibility of being haraam

Probably in cases where a person is severely dehydrated or literally dying of thirst.

Price-gouging water when there is a shortage or potable water is not easily accessible.

27 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Probably in cases where a person is severely dehydrated or literally dying of thirst.

Price-gouging water when there is a shortage or potable water is not easily accessible.

His question was general and not related to need or shortage. Let's see what he has to say. I have my reasons for asking