Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam's brothers and sisters,

I own a cat pet which lives indoors and often goes outside, however she does have a litter box and she manages to litter in that when she can. I feed her canned and dry food, now the food i that i give her is the usual canned food you buy from the department stores they are not halal certified. They usually come in beef, chicken or fish. The dry food comes in also different flavors and types that are available to the general public.  

My question is that if i  feed my lunch then say after 5 mins  now, as you no the nature of the cat is to usually lick her self or self cleaning as they say many times during the day, she would lick lick lick, so my question is if i touch her hair for example with my wet hands, are my hands now najis and whatever it touches, or if my cat licks her legs and then goes outside after it has rained making her feet also wet would it be in the state of najasat? i would like if someone could answer it. 

• Moderators

Cats are NOT najis. They are not like dogs where if they're wet you can't touch them. The only problem with cats is their hair, they shed a lot of hair and if there's hair on any of your clothes or body, you just can't pray until you remove these hair from you.

• Moderators

Isn't there a difference between meat which is not halal to eat and meat which is najis? Certainly pet food is not halal, but as long as it doesn't include pork, I don't think it's najis.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, WhiteTiger said:

I dont get get why cats are not najis like dogs - considering the fact that cats lick their private parts clean, and then lick the rest of their fur with that same tongue. Wouldn't that make their fur najis? 

A dog being najis is not because they lick their private parts, it's something else. As for cats, if you witnessed with your eyes that they licked there private parts than licked their fur, than that part of the fur is najis. That is why it's important to bath your cat everyday so they stay clean.

• Advanced Member

Imam Ali al-Reza (as):

لا ینبغی ان یخلو بیت احدکم من ثلاثه و هن عمار البیت: الهره و الحمام و الدیک

'It behooves all to have one of the following pets as they are blessings for houses: cat or  pigeon or rooster. (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 73 p. 163).

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

A dog being najis is not because they lick their private parts, it's something else. As for cats, if you witnessed with your eyes that they licked there private parts than licked their fur, than that part of the fur is najis. That is why it's important to bath your cat everyday so they stay clean.

Cats lick their fur like 20+ times a day....

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, WhiteTiger said:

Cats lick their fur like 20+ times a day....

How many times do you see your cat lick their private parts than lick their fur? Very rarely. You have to witness it with your own eyes to deem something to be 100% najis. Even if they licked their private parts, they clean out the najis moisture that was present on their private parts with their saliva, and that najis moisture dissolves in their mouths and disappear as they swallow which than makes their mouths and saliva pure again.

• Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

How many times do you see your cat lick their private parts than lick their fur? Very rarely. You have to witness it with your own eyes to deem something to be 100% najis. Even if they licked their private parts, they clean out the najis moisture that was present on their private parts with their saliva, and that najis moisture dissolves in their mouths and disappear as they swallow which than makes their mouths and saliva pure again.

Its a fact, you can search it up if you want. 

I have also witnessed my neighbourhood's cats doing it. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, WhiteTiger said:

Its a fact, you can search it up if you want. 

I have also witnessed my neighbourhood's cats doing it. 

I know they do that, and I said if you witnessed the cat with your own eyes it licking its private parts than licking its fur right after, than that part of the fur it licked is najis.