Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Battles fought by Imam Ali (as)

Rate this topic


Battles Fought by Imam Ali (as)  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. If you could go back in time and observe Imam Ali (as) in ONE battle, which one would it be?

    • Badr
      2
    • Uhud
      1
    • Khandaq (Trench)
      2
    • Khyber
      4
    • Hunayn
      1
    • Jamal (Camel)
      0
    • Siffin
      2


Recommended Posts

  • Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Imam Ali (as) fought valiantly in a number of battles. Which ONE would you like to observe if you could?

Batle of the Trench. Sahabah digging the trench and then seeing the surprised faces of the Meccans when they cannot attack. Amr getting around the trench and Imam Ali AS defeating him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

@Fahad Sani honest question, during the Battle of Jamal, which side would you have been with?

That's a no-brainer. He would carry a sword in both hands and fight himself. Then he would realize he loves both sides and drop the sword from both hands and forgive himself for fighting himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, power said:

You forgot to mention the battle of Nahrawan, but anyhow, for me it would be the battle of the trench, Imam Ali (as) faced the most indisputable warrior of Arabia. And destroyed him in matter of few minutes. 

Yes I did forget that one. Sorry

Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Hassan Y said:

@Fahad Sani honest question, during the Battle of Jamal, which side would you have been with?

You are still in doubts. 

In many threads I have said Imam Ali a.s was on haq based on many prophetic ahadith and Umm Aisha s.a, Talha r.a, Zubair r.a were in error.

So whose side I would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members
1 hour ago, Fahad Sani said:

You are still in doubts. 

In many threads I have said Imam Ali a.s was on haq based on many prophetic ahadith and Umm Aisha s.a, Talha r.a, Zubair r.a were in error.

So whose side I would be.

Nobody was in ERROR, they were confused by shias/khawarjis of that time. That's the reason until now they are judging them (wives of Prophet s.a.w and His companions) to whom Allah have given glad tidings of hereafter before their death. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Ajami said:

Nobody was in ERROR, they were confused by shias/khawarjis of that time. That's the reason until now they are judging them (wives of Prophet s.a.w and His companions) to whom Allah have given glad tidings of hereafter before their death. 

Marching an army of 30 thousand men to kill Ali is not an error? Killing 10 thousand Muslims is not an error? Lol what? The Quran condemns Aisha why shouldnt we?

Edited by Hassan Y
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Hassan Y said:

Marching an army of 30 thousand men to kill Ali is not an error? Killing 10 thousand Muslims is not an error? Lol what? The Quran condemns Aisha why shouldnt we?

Brother @Ajami may not have ever read Surah Tahrim...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
10 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

You are still in doubts. 

In many threads I have said Imam Ali a.s was on haq based on many prophetic ahadith and Umm Aisha s.a, Talha r.a, Zubair r.a were in error.

So whose side I would be.

Good to see you would choose haq over batil if you lived then. So then the question is why would you not choose haq over batil today?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Good to see you would choose haq over batil if you lived then. So then the question is why would you not choose haq over batil today?

Even today I am on Imam Ali a.s side. Alhamdulilah.

I am following him in all aspects. He never did takfir of those who opposed him nor he called any of those a hypocrite or mushrik. He treated all those with respect. I am both his shia and a follower of ahlul sunnah. I also accept and acknowledge authentic ahadith of prophet s.a.w.w in praise of others.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Fahad Sani said:

Even today I am on Imam Ali a.s side. Alhamdulilah.

I am following him in all aspects. He never did takfir of those who opposed him nor he called any of those a hypocrite or mushrik. He treated all those with respect. I am both his shia and a follower of ahlul sunnah. I also accept and acknowledge authentic ahadith of prophet s.a.w.w in praise of others.

 

So you are confused. Its okay. Not everyone can see the truth and even fewer can accept it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
3 minutes ago, Fahad Sani said:

Its not confusion. But truthfulness, justice, impartiality, fair play.

If you had an ounce of these things, you would not use Anti-Majoos and 12er shia sites are authentic proofs of anything. All you have done is prove you are nothing more than a confused wahabi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Fahad Sani said:

I am following him in all aspects.

No you don't, or else you wouldn't believe Allah has a physical body and that you will see him on judgement day. 

Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Yaqub Kulaini in his Usul Kafi, Volume on Tawhid, as well as Sheikh Saduq in his Book on Tawhid, Chapter "Ibtal Aqida Ruyatullah." Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq is quoted as saying a Jewish scholar asked the Commander of the Faithful, ‘Ali, whether he had seen Allah at the time of prayers. Imam Ali replied: "He cannot be seen by these physical eyes. It is the heart which sees Him through the light of the realities of conviction."

Edited by Hassan Y
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members
3 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

Marching an army of 30 thousand men to kill Ali is not an error? Killing 10 thousand Muslims is not an error? Lol what? The Quran condemns Aisha why shouldnt we?

As i said both sides were confused and, so on both sides were casualties! 

Allah did not condemned wives or of Prophet s.a.w but Allah warned them like we warns our children on mistakes, so tell me where Allah s.w.t said them Kuffar, like previous and present majlisis and ayatollahs have declared them? Are your clerics/scholars are better than Allah!? Astaghfirullah ul'adheem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Ajami said:

As i said both sides were confused and, so on both sides were casualties! 

Allah did not condemned wives or of Prophet s.a.w but Allah warned them like we warns our children on mistakes, so tell me where Allah s.w.t said them Kuffar, like previous and present majlisis and ayatollahs have declared them? Are your clerics/scholars are better than Allah!? Astaghfirullah ul'adheem. 

Yes you are right. Umm Aisha was confused on haq versus baatil and as usual she chose baatil.

It took Imam Ali (as) and his followers to show her the right path much like how we show the AhleSunnah the right path today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Ajami said:

 

And i would like to be in battle in end times against imam mahdi. 

Of course you would. Your mama fought the first Imam so it would make sense for you to fight the last one.

Bring it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

If you had an ounce of these things, you would not use Anti-Majoos and 12er shia sites are authentic proofs of anything. All you have done is prove you are nothing more than a confused wahabi.

This is ignorance. I am not following them blindly or accepting their each and every thing. I had clarified this umpteen times but it seems you are still confused or stubborn to accept.

 

8 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

No you don't, or else you wouldn't believe Allah has a physical body and that you will see him on judgement day. 

Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Yaqub Kulaini in his Usul Kafi, Volume on Tawhid, as well as Sheikh Saduq in his Book on Tawhid, Chapter "Ibtal Aqida Ruyatullah." Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq is quoted as saying a Jewish scholar asked the Commander of the Faithful, ‘Ali, whether he had seen Allah at the time of prayers. Imam Ali replied: "He cannot be seen by these physical eyes. It is the heart which sees Him through the light of the realities of conviction."

I never said I believe Allah has a physical body naoozbillah min zalik. Allah will be seen on judgement day or in heaven but how, no body knows. May be Allah make us capable of this. For Allah nothing is impossible. We have very little knowledge about what exactly and how will happen on judgement day. True interpretation of all such verses and ahadith is only with Allah swt.

Yes He swt can not be seen with these physical eyes in this world. But matters in hereafter will be very different. Everything is possible if Allah swt wants. We dont have enough knowledge on this. So dont make wrong interpretations and accusations.

 

6 hours ago, Ajami said:

I have voted (Badr). 

And i would like to be in battle in end times against imam mahdi. 

Against? Are you sure?

or alongside?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Fahad Sani said:

I never said I believe Allah has a physical body naoozbillah min zalik. Allah will be seen on judgement day or in heaven but how, no body knows. May be Allah make us capable of this. For Allah nothing is impossible. We have very little knowledge about what exactly and how will happen on judgement day. True interpretation of all such verses and ahadith is only with Allah swt.

Yes He swt can not be seen with these physical eyes in this world. But matters in hereafter will be very different. Everything is possible if Allah swt wants. We dont have enough knowledge on this. So dont make wrong interpretations and accusations.

Abu Huraira narrated in Sahih Bukhari that Allah will put his leg in the fire to calm it down (Which proves he thinks Allah has a physical body), and I asked you if you believed it and you said "In short YES". So it's either you believe Abu Huraira, or you admit that Abu Huraira is a liar, which one is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Fahad Sani said:

This is ignorance. I am not following them blindly or accepting their each and every thing. I had clarified this umpteen times but it seems you are still confused or stubborn to accept.

How many non-Muslim sources do you use to study Islam?

How many times have you cited Pastor Terry Jones to preach Islam to anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
19 minutes ago, myouvial said:

If i can extend the meaning of battle, i would prefer to learn how Imam Ali a.s. fought against his own nafs in the field of ghaib realm.

Love it bro.

Imam Ali's (as) bravery and courage can be seen right after the demise of the Prophet. It took the utmost bravery to choose the harder path of patience and forbearance than the path of war.

 

yaseer.jpg

Edited by shiaman14
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, Ajami said:

As i said both sides were confused and, so on both sides were casualties! 

Allah did not condemned wives or of Prophet s.a.w but Allah warned them like we warns our children on mistakes, so tell me where Allah s.w.t said them Kuffar, like previous and present majlisis and ayatollahs have declared them? Are your clerics/scholars are better than Allah!? Astaghfirullah ul'adheem. 

Salam

No one was confused, Aisha's intention was to kill Ali because she accused him of murdering Uthman, when he didn't. When Uthman died, Aisha wanted to remove Ali from power because of her hatred towards him, so she declared war on him and told everyone she wanted to avenge Uthman's death. Ali knew her intention, and didn't want a civil war to take place, and begged her to settle the issue in a more peaceful way but Aisha didn't listen. Both sects sunni and shia agree on this, but it seems to me you haven't read Islamic history at all.

Brother, Allah didn't just warn them, He threatened both Aisha and Hafsa with all His might. Allah said they will get double the punishment also. If you want me to explain in great detail about who Aisha really was with evidence, let me know.

Most of our clerics/scholars never call them kuffars. None of our Ayatollahs call them kuffars either. Please provide evidence if you claim they did so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...