Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

So this just happened to me today;

I had gone to mosque and as I was leaving, I was driving down this pretty quiet road, nothing really around me, I could see this white man from a little distance as I was driving, I didn't really pay much attention to him at the time. As I drove past him however, I suddenly heard a huge noise like I had crashed into something. I looked around to see if there's anything around me and there was nothing, I was wondering what the heck I hit. I was driving at about 20-25 mph, because being in the middle of the road I could not stop anywhere, and as i was driving forward I caught a glimpse of this man in my overhead mirror with what appeared to be some kind of bat/bar, I couldn't tell what exactly it was. But now I was in a real dilemma, I couldn't stop being in the middle of the road and if I did stop and got out then I wondered what if the dude ran up and damaged more of the car, or he attacked me with the weapon? So I decided to just keep driving to a space where I could stop the car and inspect the damage itself, thankfully he didn't damage much apart from the rearview side mirror, the casing came off and the glass was shattered. I'm pretty sure since I had just left the mosque, which is pretty obvious is a mosque, the man knew I was muslim and this is why he attacked. 

Sigh, I'm grateful to God that it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but its still shocking when it happens to you personally, relative to when you hear about it in the news. 

1 hour ago, hameedeh said:

When something like this happens, file a report with the police, giving as many details as possible. Even though that man was not caught for committing a crime, he will probably do the same thing again. Tell the people in the mosque so that they will be careful, too, and try to drive a different route to the mosque.  

I did file a report, had to do it for my insurance anyway. I've also told some people from mosque. I hope this doesn't occur again to someone else.

That man who damaged your car might live in the area. Someone should watch for him, to see if he is hanging around waiting for someone to drive away from the mosque. InShaAllah the police will be watching for him, too. 

27 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

That man who damaged your car might live in the area. Someone should watch for him, to see if he is hanging around waiting for someone to drive away from the mosque. InShaAllah the police will be watching for him, too. 

Yeah its likely. A similar incident happened to my friend in Britain, except his happened when his car was already parked and he was inside his house, and they also attacked the neighbour's car yelling out some racial slurs that they heard and chased after the perpetrators but unfortunately, didn't catch up to them. We're living in a polarized world at this point, no two ways about it, we have to do what we can to protect ourselves, seek help when we need it and acknowledge good will and appreciate it when it does come our way. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

الحمد لله على سلامتك

It's possible he has done this before, reach out to the mosque perhaps others may share similar experiences. The attacker might already be wanted by the police or is on their watch list.

I agree wholeheartedly, especially with mosque shootings/burnings on the rise, it's best to guard against evil and such.

WS

Hello,

I am sorry to hear this happened to you.  I hope it was just a drunk ignorant fool and not a person trying to harm others based on their religion, which seems likely.  I would encourage American Muslims, just as I encourage all other law abiding American citizens, to get a concealed carry weapons permit and know how to use a firearm to protect yourself and your family.

You did the right thing, you drove away from the danger.  But, what if you car had been disabled? 

All the Best,

David

On 2/11/2017 at 10:57 PM, David66 said:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear this happened to you.  I hope it was just a drunk ignorant fool and not a person trying to harm others based on their religion, which seems likely.  I would encourage American Muslims, just as I encourage all other law abiding American citizens, to get a concealed carry weapons permit and know how to use a firearm to protect yourself and your family.

You did the right thing, you drove away from the danger.  But, what if you car had been disabled? 

All the Best,

David

Serious question: With everything going on today....how well would it go with a muslim family shooting to protect themselves. Considering the media and and social media and the current situation combined?

1 hour ago, repenter said:

Serious question: With everything going on today....how well would it go with a muslim family shooting to protect themselves. Considering the media and and social media and the current situation combined?

I feel as if it would go both ways. You'd have the group that condemns Muslims for being violent, attacking Islam for not being the religion of peace etc. Then you'd get the people saying it is their American right. As for media/news channels it would completely depend on which station you watch, they're all biased simply inputting commentary and serving it as news lol (Good or bad completely up to you)

^^ Hello,

No doubt it would certainly make news.

I think there would be a very small group that would try to put a "Muslims are violent" spin on such a situation.  However, I think the vast majority of Americans would recognize it as that persons inherent right to protect himself and his family.  I have heard many foreigners talk about how crazy Americans love their guns.  It is true.  We place a high value on the right to own firearms.  And, we place a high value on being able to protect ourselves and our family in situations where law enforcement is not around.  I do not think the overall reaction to such an occurrence would significantly differ based on the person's religion.

All the Best,

David

On 2/11/2017 at 6:59 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

So this just happened to me today;

I had gone to mosque and as I was leaving, I was driving down this pretty quiet road, nothing really around me, I could see this white man from a little distance as I was driving, I didn't really pay much attention to him at the time. As I drove past him however, I suddenly heard a huge noise like I had crashed into something. I looked around to see if there's anything around me and there was nothing, I was wondering what the heck I hit. I was driving at about 20-25 mph, because being in the middle of the road I could not stop anywhere, and as i was driving forward I caught a glimpse of this man in my overhead mirror with what appeared to be some kind of bat/bar, I couldn't tell what exactly it was. But now I was in a real dilemma, I couldn't stop being in the middle of the road and if I did stop and got out then I wondered what if the dude ran up and damaged more of the car, or he attacked me with the weapon? So I decided to just keep driving to a space where I could stop the car and inspect the damage itself, thankfully he didn't damage much apart from the rearview side mirror, the casing came off and the glass was shattered. I'm pretty sure since I had just left the mosque, which is pretty obvious is a mosque, the man knew I was muslim and this is why he attacked. 

Sigh, I'm grateful to God that it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but its still shocking when it happens to you personally, relative to when you hear about it in the news. 

Salam Mohamed1993,

I thank God you are Ok!!!

Sadly, there are haters out there. :( It's of course easy to disobey Jesus Christ's command to love enemies. It's a lot harder and requires a lot more spiritual strength to love enemies.

As a Christian, I greatly admire Muslims who obey Jesus' command to love enemies, including those enemies who hate them for being Muslim. That shows remarkable strength, because almost anybody, no matter his or her religion or no religion, can hate and want harm to come to enemies.

I greatly admire you for not getting into a road rage battle with this hater, but rather being calm. Did you by any chance get his car's registration number?

I do recommend going to the police station with your damaged car and file a report, along with taking a pic of the damage and putting it in the file. Hopefully, this hater will be caught and will be punished in a court of law for his crime against you.

Peace and God bless you and I'm so glad you're ok!!!

On 2/11/2017 at 10:57 PM, David66 said:

I would encourage American Muslims, just as I encourage all other law abiding American citizens, to get a concealed carry weapons permit and know how to use a firearm to protect yourself and your family.

Salam David,

As a pacifist, I disagree with this. Yes I know people kill, not guns, but having a gun can provide the temptation to use it to kill. :(

Horribly, thousands of people lose their lives to people killing other people via guns, and that's not ok. :( Cain killing Abel, the first murder, was not ok either. :( While Cain didn't have a gun of course, the fact is that some people trust in violence for protection, instead of trusting in God to help people get along with each other and respect each other. 

The best way for Americans, whether non-Muslim or Muslim, to protect themselves is trusting in God, and in using security cameras. Violence and hate crimes are still against the law, and it is very important for violence and hate crimes to stay against the law. When people put their trust in guns for protection, they often make the mistake of using them, such as when Zimmerman gunned down the unarmed Trayvon Martin. :(

While I'm a pacifist, I completely understand why Trayvon Martin stopped to physically defend himself against a creepy strange adult man following him. While i wouldn't have, I would have found a man to have defended me pronto, if a strange creepy guy was following me, uggh! :(  (I don't normally walk alone att night though, thanks to knowing the dangers out there.) My hubby and I walk together, and definitely my hubby would not have liked a strange, creedy dude following us.

Zimmerman did a horrible thing when he trusted in his gun to protect himself against the unarmed teen he was stalking. If he didn't have a gun, he probably would not have killed Martin.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

On 2/14/2017 at 2:45 AM, repenter said:

Salam Repenter,

Great question. There's no secret that, due to politics, Muslims are becoming victims of hate crimes. :( One  reason is because they are generally lumped together as being "violent" though there are many violent people in the world, including Christians and Atheists. :( (Hitler, by the way, identified as Christian.) :(

Personally, I don't think it would help the Muslim cause if a Muslim family killed people while protecting themselves. Why? Because with the furor against "violent Muslims", Non-Muslim people could just interpret their defending themselves as violence.

As a Christian pacifist, I personally don't believe that killing is a good defense after Jesus Christ taught to love enemies.  God knows when each person is going to die, and each person's fate. When God wants to protect people, He does.  If God so desires for a person to stay alive, He will make it happen. I don't believe we need to kill people to make us stay alive. I personally think my beloved country, the USA, has innocent bloodshed on her hands due to the "kill others to protect myself" mentality. :(

Peace and God bless you

14 minutes ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Repenter,

Great question. There's no secret that, due to politics, Muslims are becoming victims of hate crimes. :( One  reason is because they are generally lumped together as being "violent" though there are many violent people in the world, including Christians and Atheists. :( (Hitler, by the way, identified as Christian.) :(

Personally, I don't think it would help the Muslim cause if a Muslim family killed people while protecting themselves. Why? Because with the furor against "violent Muslims", Non-Muslim people could just interpret their defending themselves as violence.

As a Christian pacifist, I personally don't believe that killing is a good defense after Jesus Christ taught to love enemies.  God knows when each person is going to die, and each person's fate. When God wants to protect people, He does.  If God so desires for a person to stay alive, He will make it happen. I don't believe we need to kill people to make us stay alive. I personally think my beloved country, the USA, has innocent bloodshed on her hands due to the "kill others to protect myself" mentality. :(

Peace and God bless you

I don't believe we need to kill people to make us stay alive.

Walaykeum salam

This part is interesting. The way i understood it it's about intention. I don't think any Abrahamic religions allow you to kill someone to protect yourself, specially if there is another option. Sometimes the result of protecting yourself or others is killing, but that is not the intention. 

Example, God forbid someone is molesting your daughter and you witness it. Obviously no Christian believes that you should just sit there and "love him" while he is doing so. But intervene and stop the person. Say you smack him in the head with a shovel and he dies.

Or a more complex situation: If someone is killing someone else, and you witness this. And the only way to stop the killing is by killing that person. What is the proper Christian way to react here?

Hello,

You really tell an inaccurate story!

35 minutes ago, Christianlady said:

Salam David,

As a pacifist, I disagree with this. Yes I know people kill, not guns, but having a gun can provide the temptation to use it to kill. :(

Horribly, thousands of people lose their lives to people killing other people via guns, and that's not ok. :( Cain killing Abel, the first murder, was not ok either. :( While Cain didn't have a gun of course, the fact is that some people trust in violence for protection, instead of trusting in God to help people get along with each other and respect each other. 

The best way for Americans, whether non-Muslim or Muslim, to protect themselves is trusting in God, and in using security cameras. Violence and hate crimes are still against the law, and it is very important for violence and hate crimes to stay against the law. When people put their trust in guns for protection, they often make the mistake of using them, such as when Zimmerman gunned down the unarmed Trayvon Martin. :(

While I'm a pacifist, I completely understand why Trayvon Martin stopped to physically defend himself against a creepy strange adult man following him. While i wouldn't have, I would have found a man to have defended me pronto, if a strange creepy guy was following me, uggh! :(  (I don't normally walk alone att night though, thanks to knowing the dangers out there.) My hubby and I walk together, and definitely my hubby would not have liked a strange, creedy dude following us.

Zimmerman did a horrible thing when he trusted in his gun to protect himself against the unarmed teen he was stalking. If he didn't have a gun, he probably would not have killed Martin.

Peace and God bless you

I do not think Zimmerman is a saint nor should he be the poster child for concealed carry.  But, the facts are these.  First, while Zimmerman following Trayvon Martin may have angered Trayvon, it did not give Trayvon the right to assault Zimmerman.  Second, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot.  This is proven by ballistics.  And third, Zimmerman had serious facial wounds after the assault.  Trayvon thought he could beat the hell out of someone that had made him angry then go on about his business.  He was wrong.  And, as the jury of his peers concluded, Zimmerman was within his rights to stop the assault using his firearm.  Trayvon Martin was a thug.  And in this case, his thugish behavior cost him his life.

All the Best,

David

48 minutes ago, repenter said:

Walaykeum salam

This part is interesting. The way i understood it it's about intention. I don't think any Abrahamic religions allow you to kill someone to protect yourself, specially if there is another option. Sometimes the result of protecting yourself or others is killing, but that is not the intention. 

Wasalaam Repenter,

Interesting, thought-provoking point.

Example, God forbid someone is molesting your daughter and you witness it. Obviously no Christian believes that you should just sit there and "love him" while he is doing so. But intervene and stop the person. Say you smack him in the head with a shovel and he dies.

The definition of love doesn't mean to sit there, though. Love is action. The best way to love a molester is to hold him or her accountable for his/her sin and get the help he/she needs to truly repent.

In this case, I don't think I'm strong enough to kill someone with a shovel. Definitely I would do my best to stop him from molesting my daughter (I'm barren, but if I had a daughter), get her out of there and call the police to handle him.

Now, I hope in such a case, that the police don't kill him because as a Christian, it's important for me to give people the chance to ask God for forgiveness and repent of their sins. They can't do that when they're dead.

Or a more complex situation: If someone is killing someone else, and you witness this. And the only way to stop the killing is by killing that person. What is the proper Christian way to react here?

Jesus Christ made it very clear to love enemies, which includes the following:

1. Do good to those who hate you - Luke 6:27b

2. Bless those who curse you,

3. Pray for those who mistreat you.

4. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also.  - From Luke 6:27-31 (NIV)

While I don't know if there were other Christians (Jesus' followers) around when Stephen (a Jewish Christian) was being stoned to death, it's interesting that Stephen didn't even try to physically defend himself from his attackers. Jesus' followers did bury and mourn Stephen, however. (I boldened some.)

"And Saul approved of their killing him. On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. 

Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him. But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison." - Acts 8:1-3 (NIV)

So, in answer to your question, the Christian response based entirely on Jesus Christ's commands and on the example in Acts does not include violence. Rather, it includes praying for, blessing, doing good to enemies, and fleeing persecution (Matthew 10:23, Matthew 24:16).

It is interesting that Ananias for example didn't seem to even think about killing Saul. Rather, he prayed because he was scared of Saul, but God helped him overcome his fear and serve Saul out of obedience to God:

"Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.  I will show him how much he must suffer for my name. - Acts 9:13-16 (NIV)

It is ironic that Saul used to persecute Jewish believers in Jesus Christ, and later was persecuted himself for believing in Jesus and began telling Gentiles about Jesus. He however didn't try to physically defend himself or other Christians who were being persecuted. 

Many Christians today however are in general very different from the early Christians, especially in areas of their views on violence and sexual morality. :(

Many Christians today think it is fine to kill someone who wants to kill them. :( If Saul were alive today, some American Christians would have tried to kill him for daring to persecute the church... 

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

44 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

You really tell an inaccurate story!

I do not think Zimmerman is a saint nor should he be the poster child for concealed carry.  But, the facts are these.  First, while Zimmerman following Trayvon Martin may have angered Trayvon, it did not give Trayvon the right to assault Zimmerman. 

Salam David,

Trayvon Martin had the right to defend himself against a stalker. If Trayvon Martin had been a girl who was scared of getting dragged off, raped, and killed by a stalker, do you think she would not have had the right to defend herself and assault Zimmerman with pepper spray or anything she learns in self-defense class??? Sadly, boys can get dragged off and raped too, or robbed and killed by stalkers too. :(

Trayvon Martin had no idea what Zimmerman's intentions were. I understand why he was scared. I've been followed by creepy dudes before. Before getting married, I've even asked a strange man who I trusted more than the creepy dude following me to walk with me. (He did; never saw him again, maybe he was an angel, I don't know. The creepy dude left me alone when he saw I was no longer alone but was with a strong, powerful guy. ) :) (Thank God for His protection!!!)

Second, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot.  This is proven by ballistics.  And third, Zimmerman had serious facial wounds after the assault. 

Well, Zimmerman was very out of shape. It's no surprise that he couldn't handle a teenage dude. Maybe he should work out more and take self-defense classes? Anyways, if Trayvon Martin had been a girl who defended herself with pepper spray, Zimmerman would have not fared much better, in my opinion.

Trayvon thought he could beat the hell out of someone that had made him angry then go on about his business.  He was wrong.

Trayvon thought he had a strange, creepy guy following him. Sadly, strange, creepy guys who follow teenagers want to hurt or steal from them. Many teenage boys would have done the same thing; try to outrun their stalker, then physically defend themselves to prove their manhood.

And, as the jury of his peers concluded, Zimmerman was within his rights to stop the assault using his firearm.  Trayvon Martin was a thug.  And in this case, his thugish behavior cost him his life.

All the Best,

David

Trayvon Martin was a teenager, a teenager who was a victim of racial profiling because he was a black young man. If Trayvon Martin had been white, it's possible that Zimmerman would not have followed him.

It's horrible how some Americans call Trayvon Martin a thug when Zimmerman should not have been following him in the first place!!! :(

As it is, definitely God is punishing Zimmerman for killing Martin, even though human law failed Martin.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

@Christianlady I didn't understand your last answer. What specifically is the answer to: You see someone killing someone else, and the only way to stop that person is to kill him. What is the Christian action here? 

From your answer, i understand that the action is to pray? Or did i misunderstand?

Hello,

3 hours ago, Christianlady said:

Salam David,

Trayvon Martin had the right to defend himself against a stalker. If Trayvon Martin had been a girl who was scared of getting dragged off, raped, and killed by a stalker, do you think she would not have had the right to defend herself and assault Zimmerman with pepper spray or anything she learns in self-defense class??? Sadly, boys can get dragged off and raped too, or robbed and killed by stalkers too. :(

So, if am afraid of getting "dragged off" I am free to assault another person?  

To "legally" attack another person you must believe that person is going to cause harm to you or another person.  And, it must be reasonable for you to have that belief.  If you go before a jury and say you pepper sprayed, slapped, hit, shot, stabbed another person because he looked creepy and was following me, guess what, your are going to jail.  And, NO!  Trayvon Martin did not have the right to assault Zimmerman.  

Of course, you probably do not know because most of the media will not tell you, but Trayvon approached Zimmerman from behind and initiated the confrontation.  Does that sound like the actions of a person that feared "getting dragged off and raped (too) or robbed and killed by stalkers?"

Stick to your idealistic Christian theology post and stop trying to justify the poor decisions made by a thug.

All the Best,

David

PS: I bet you don't even know why Trayvon bought Skittles and an Arizona Watermelon Fruit Cocktail.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:48 PM, repenter said:

@Christianlady I didn't understand your last answer. What specifically is the answer to: You see someone killing someone else, and the only way to stop that person is to kill him. What is the Christian action here? 

From your answer, i understand that the action is to pray?
Or did i misunderstand?

Salam Repenter,

The Christian action includes prayer, yes. However, Christians can also seek help/protection from the government authority and also flee persecution.

A person killing a loved one can be defined as an enemy. Jesus Christ clearly tells his followers what to do to enemies.

1.) "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." - Luke 6:27-28 (NIV)

2.) Another Christian action is to flee (Matthew 10:23).

3.) Another Christian action is to appeal for government help.

While Jesus did not specifically command that (because he knew that his followers would be persecuted by the government), Paul later appeals to the Roman government, though history traditions state that he was eventually beheaded.

Based on the commands of Jesus Christ, if someone were trying to rape/kill my daughter, I hope I would 1.) pray, asking the Almighty God for help. 2.) Take my daughter  and flee to a police station. 3.) Seek help from the police station. This I believe to be the Christian answer.

Killing is not obeying Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ commanded his followers to love their enemies. Enemies can become brothers and sisters in Christ, because of God's amazing grace!!! :)

Peace and God bless you

On 2/17/2017 at 4:55 PM, David66 said:

Hello,

So, if am afraid of getting "dragged off" I am free to assault another person?  

Salam David66,

You did not answer my question. If Trayvon Martin were a girl being stalked by a stranger, you don't believe she has the right to defend herself and even assault her stalker?

To "legally" attack another person you must believe that person is going to cause harm to you or another person.  And, it must be reasonable for you to have that belief. 

Trayvon Marton had a very reasonable cause to believe that Zimmerman was going to harm him, and by the way, Zimmerman should have listened to the person who told him not to follow, but he didn't.

If you go before a jury and say you pepper sprayed, slapped, hit, shot, stabbed another person because he looked creepy and was following me, guess what, your are going to jail.

Not according to my sister, who is a lawyer and has worked with people who have been abused.

And, NO!  Trayvon Martin did not have the right to assault Zimmerman.  

Just because you write "NO" in capital letters lol doesn't erase the fact that Zimmerman was stalking an unarmed teenage kid who got scared that a creepy man was following him. Zimmerman, if he had been a good guy, would have called out and explained what he wanted. He would have used his words. Did he call out?

Of course, you probably do not know because most of the media will not tell you, but Trayvon approached Zimmerman from behind and initiated the confrontation.  Does that sound like the actions of a person that feared "getting dragged off and raped (too) or robbed and killed by stalkers?"

Travyon first ran to get away from the strange creepy stalker dude. Finally, when he realized that the stranger wouldn't leave him alone, he decided to be a macho man and try to take his stalker down movie style. (Sadly, many movies portray violence, which does affect the minds of some male teenagers.) 

Stick to your idealistic Christian theology post

Don't tell me what to do.

and stop trying to justify the poor decisions made by a thug

Jesus Christ loves sinners, even people who other people call "thugs" and he also loves Zimmerman. However, God does demand an account for the blood people shed.

All the Best,

David

PS: I bet you don't even know why Trayvon bought Skittles and an Arizona Watermelon Fruit Cocktail.

Did you know that Zimmerman's track record shows that he knows he could get away with murder? :( As a woman, it personally saddens me how he treated women.

July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and accused of resisting an officer with violence near the University of Central Florida campus after a scuffle with police. The charges were eventually dropped after Zimmerman entered an alcohol education program.

August 2005, Zimmerman's former fiancee filed for a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman responded by requesting a restraining order against her. Both requests were granted. No criminal charges were filed.

February 2012, Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a confrontation in the community where Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder but acquitted after a trial in July 2013.

— July 2013, police in Foley, Texas, stop Zimmerman for speeding in a 60 mph zone. Zimmerman is let go with just a warning.

— September 2013, Zimmerman is stopped by police in Lake Mary, Fla., and given a ticket for doing 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.

— September 2013, Zimmerman's estranged wife, Shellie, dials 911 and tells a police dispatcher that her punched her father and threatened her with a gun. She later decides against pressing charges and authorities announce in November they are dropping the case.

— September 2013, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper stops Zimmerman along Interstate 95 and issues a warning because the vehicle's tag cover and windows were too darkly tinted.

November 2013, Zimmerman is arrested by Seminole County authorities after a disturbance at a home in Apopka.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/18/list-george-zimmerman-past-run-ins-with-law.html

God loves murderers and women abusers (including Zimmerman) too, and wants them to repent. Unless Zimmerman truly and totally repents, he is a ticking time bomb and will commit violence again. :(

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

13 hours ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Repenter,

The Christian action includes prayer, yes. However, Christians can also seek help/protection from the government authority and also flee persecution.

A person killing a loved one can be defined as an enemy. Jesus Christ clearly tells his followers what to do to enemies.

1.) "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." - Luke 6:27-28 (NIV)

2.) Another Christian action is to flee (Matthew 10:23).

3.) Another Christian action is to appeal for government help.

While Jesus did not specifically command that (because he knew that his followers would be persecuted by the government), Paul later appeals to the Roman government, though history traditions state that he was eventually beheaded.

Based on the commands of Jesus Christ, if someone were trying to rape/kill my daughter, I hope I would 1.) pray, asking the Almighty God for help. 2.) Take my daughter  and flee to a police station. 3.) Seek help from the police station. This I believe to be the Christian answer.

Killing is not obeying Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ commanded his followers to love their enemies. Enemies can become brothers and sisters in Christ, because of God's amazing grace!!! :)

Peace and God bless you

That is fine, but didn't really answer my question. Scenario is; You either kill the person, or he kills/rapes your daughter. 
It sounds like you are saying you would let him kill her, and sit by and pray, which is your only other option in this scenario. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

On 2/21/2017 at 1:13 AM, repenter said:

That is fine, but didn't really answer my question. Scenario is; You either kill the person, or he kills/rapes your daughter. 
It sounds like you are saying you would let him kill her, and sit by and pray, which is your only other option in this scenario. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Salam Repenter,

You are wrong. The One and Only God does not give only 2 choices in the Christian faith: to kill or to be killed. Nope, God is all powerful!!!

The 2nd sin recorded in Genesis is when Cain killed his brother Abel http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0104.htmGod provides a way to escape sin, including killing, because God is awesome!!!

For example, Vanya Yakovich, who was drafted into the Russian military, obeyed God by refusing to kill his enemies, Chinese soldiers. The following is a quote from his biography: (I boldened some.)

"I'm sorry, but I can't take the rifle. You see, I'm a Christian and my faith doesn't permit  me to kill others" - p. 153 of Out of the Far Corners

His commander was going to send him to the front line without a weapon, to be killed by the Chinese soldiers, since he refused to take up his weapon. :(

However, God provided the way to protect his servant! He sent another officer to rescue Vanya! (Instead of fighting, Vanya made shoes for the soldiers, thanks to God's intervention!)! :)

So anyways, you are wrong. If someone were to try to rape my daughter, I would not kill him or try. Rather, if God wills, I would pray, trusting in my all-powerful God to rescue us, and would escape to the police station with God helping my daughter and me escape.

I believe in obeying God, and God knows that. God is all-powerful and it is a huge mistake to leave Him out of any scenario, because He saves people when they obey Him and call on Him.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

Salam,

I just want to make it clear that in any scenario and in any real life event, it's important to put God first and obey Him!!!

And, I think the OP did that by not becoming violent and aggressive when a person disobeyed God by being violent and destructive to his car. :(

Rather, thank God, He protected him! And, the OP didn't hurt anybody or another's property while God protected him. :)

The OP is a great witness for the Islamic/Muslim faith by not giving in to the temptation to fight violence and hatred with violence and hatred.

Fighting violence and hatred with violence and hatred is something anybody can do, including Atheists.

Peace and God bless

Edited by Christianlady

8 hours ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Repenter,

You are wrong. The One and Only God does not give only 2 choices in the Christian faith: to kill or to be killed. Nope, God is all powerful!!!

The 2nd sin recorded in Genesis is when Cain killed his brother Abel http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0104.htmGod provides a way to escape sin, including killing, because God is awesome!!!

For example, Vanya Yakovich, who was drafted into the Russian military, obeyed God by refusing to kill his enemies, Chinese soldiers. The following is a quote from his biography: (I boldened some.)

"I'm sorry, but I can't take the rifle. You see, I'm a Christian and my faith doesn't permit  me to kill others" - p. 153 of Out of the Far Corners

His commander was going to send him to the front line without a weapon, to be killed by the Chinese soldiers, since he refused to take up his weapon. :(

However, God provided the way to protect his servant! He sent another officer to rescue Vanya! (Instead of fighting, Vanya made shoes for the soldiers, thanks to God's intervention!)! :)

So anyways, you are wrong. If someone were to try to rape my daughter, I would not kill him or try. Rather, if God wills, I would pray, trusting in my all-powerful God to rescue us, and would escape to the police station with God helping my daughter and me escape.

I believe in obeying God, and God knows that. God is all-powerful and it is a huge mistake to leave Him out of any scenario, because He saves people when they obey Him and call on Him.

Peace and God bless you

I think you are avoiding the question...........

2 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Look like people are starting to discuss the final solution to the Islamic Question openly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/23/north-carolina-islamophobia-muslims-threats

Thank you for posting this. I need to sleep. If I read that news article, I am sure that I won't be able to. May Allah SWT protect us all. 

3 hours ago, Marbles said:

Look like people are starting to discuss the final solution to the Islamic Question openly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/23/north-carolina-islamophobia-muslims-threats

lt's the chr!stian thing to do .... believe me. l had one group try to kill me just because they imagined l was Jewish.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:46 AM, Marbles said:

First thought: move back to Kansas City. As @Caliguyposted, this is happening everywhere. No need to run, just stay put. Kansas is not safe either. I saw this today: 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/24/516999145/kansas-man-arrested-in-shooting-that-reportedly-targeted-foreigners

^ People told me that the Bar & Grill (where the attack took place) was a restaurant where families with children were eating when that guy shouted "get out of my country" and started shooting. The killing of the Indian man happened after the event that @Marbles linked to above. This has me wondering if the shooter had heard the news about the racist meeting where people were publicly discussing killing Muslims.