Fahad Sani

Love of Umar a.s for Ahlulbayt a.s

Rate this topic

Below mentioned some narrations show the love, care and respect Umar a.s had for ahlebait a.s. 

Same Umar a.s whom twelver shia regard as killer of Sayeda Fatima s.a. 

From Musannaf ibn abi Shaybah:

حَدَّثَنَا زَيْدُ بْنُ الْحُبَابِ، قَالَ: ثنا الْقَاسِمُ بْنُ مَعْنٍ، عَنْ جَعْفَرٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ عُمَرَ، أَرَادَ أَنْ يَفْرِضَ لِلنَّاسِ، وَكَانَ رَأْيُهُ خَيْرًا مِنْ رَأْيِهِمْ، فَقَالُوا: ابْدَأْ بِنَفْسِكَ، فَقَالَ: «لَا، فَبَدَأَ بِالْأَقْرَبِ فَالْأَقْرَبِ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ،» فَفَرَضَ لِلْعَبَّاسِ ثُمَّ عَلِيٍّ حَتَّى وَالَى بَيْنَ خَمْسِ قَبَائِلَ حَتَّى انْتَهَى إِلَى بَنِي عَدِيِّ بْنِ كَعْبٍ

[Zayd bin al-Hubab told us (Thiqah Imam), al-Qassim bin Ma`n told us (Thiqah Imam Kufi), from Ja`far (al-Sadiq), from his father, that when `Umar wanted to distribute among the people, and he was the best of them in opinion, they said: “Begin with yourself.” So he said: “No, I begin with those closest to the Prophet (saw).” So he distributed to al-`Abbas then to `Ali the Khums and continued to do so for every tribe until he ended with bani `Adi bin Ka`b.

حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، قَالَ ثنا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ جَعْفَرٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ: لَمَّا وَضَعَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ الدَّوَاوِينَ اسْتَشَارَ النَّاسَ، فَقَالَ: «بِمِنْ أَبْدَأُ؟» قَالَ: ابْدَأْ بِنَفْسِكَ؟ قَالَ: «لَا، وَلَكِنِّي أَبْدَأُ بِالْأَقْرَبِ فَالْأَقْرَبِ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، فَبَدَأَ بِهِمْ»

[Waki` told us (Thiqah Imam), Suffiyan told us (Thiqah Imam), from Ja`far, from his father, that he said: When `Umar was establishing the Diwans, he consulted the people. He asked: “With whom do I begin?” They said: “Begin with yourself?” He said: “No, but I shall begin with those closest to the Prophet (saw).” So he began with them.]

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ الْأَسَدِيُّ، قَالَ: ثنا حِبَّانُ، عَنْ مُجَالِدٍ، عَنِ الشَّعْبِيِّ، أَنَّ عُمَرَ، أُتِيَ مِنْ جَلُولَاءَ بِسَبْعَةِ آلَافِ أَلْفٍ فَفَرَضَ الْعَطَاءَ فَاسْتَشَارَ فِي ذَلِكَ فَقَالَ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ عَوْفٍ: «ابْدَأْ بِنَفْسِكَ، فَأَنْتَ أَحَقُّ بِذَلِكَ» ، قَالَ: لَا، بَلْ أَبْدَأُ بِالْأَقْرَبِ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، مِمَّنْ شَهِدَ بَدْرًا حَتَّى يَنْتَهِيَ ذَلِكَ إِلَيَّ، قَالَ: فَبَدَأَ فَفَرَضَ لِعَلِيٍّ فِي خَمْسَةِ آلَافٍ، ثُمَّ لِبَنِي هَاشِمٍ مِمَّنْ شَهِدَ بَدْرًا، ثُمَّ لِمَوَالِيهِمْ، ثُمَّ لِحُلَفَائِهِمْ ثُمَّ الْأَقْرَبِ فَالْأَقْرَبِ حَتَّى يَنْتَهِي ذَلِكَ إِلَيَّ

[Muhammad bin `Abdullah al-Asadi told us, Hibban told us, from Mujalid, from al-Sha`bi, that they brought `Umar seven million from Jalula’, so he ordered their distribution and consulted. `Abdul-Rahman bin `Awf said: “Start with yourself, you have the most right.” He replied: “No, I shall begin with those closest to the Prophet (saw), those who witnessed Badr until I end with myself.” So he ordered that `Ali receive five thousand, then to bani Hashim, those of them that witnessed Badr, then to their servants, then allies, and he kept on going until his own turn.]

From al-Amwal lil-Qassim bin Salam:

قال : وحدثت عن عبد الوهاب بن عبد المجيد الثقفي ، عن جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه ، أن عمر ألحق الحسن والحسين بأبيهما ، وفرض لهما في خمسة آلاف وحدثني نعيم بن حماد ، عن عبد العزيز بن محمد ، عن جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه ، أن عمر فعل ذلك بالحسن والحسين

[He said: And I was told from `Abd Wahb bin `Abdul-Majeed al-Thaqafi, from Ja`far bin Muhammad, from his father, that `Umar followed `Ali by his sons al-Hasan and al-Husayn giving each of them five thousand. And Nu`aym bin Hammad (Imam Saduq) told me, from `Abdul-`Aziz bin Muhammad al-Darawardi (Hasan al-Hadith) from Ja`far bin Muhammad, from his father, that `Umar indeed did so with al-Hasan and al-Husayn.]

What about the incident where Umar was at the door of Fatimah (sa) and was threatening to burn down her house?

Found in:

Ansab al-Ashraf. 1. Cairo: Dar al-Ma'arif. p. 586. 

Abu Bakr sent for Ali so that he can give alligance but he didn't. So Umar came [to the house] and Fatima met him at the door. She said: 'ibn Khatab you want to burn my door down?' Umar replied: 'Yes, in order to strengthen the religion your father brought.'

al-Musanaf Dar al-Taj. p. 432.

Umar came to the house of Fatima and said: "O' Daughter of the Prophet of God! I swear by God that we love no one more than your father, and after him we love no one more than you. Yet I swear by God that that won't stop me from gathering these people and commanding them to burn this house down!

Tarikh al-Ya’qoubi (in Urdu) p. 199. 

When Abu Bakr and Umar heard the news that a party of the Ansar and the Muhajirin have gathered with ‘Ali at the house of the daughter of the Prophet, they went with a group of people and attacked the house...

This story is also mentioned in Tareekh Tabari, and is supported by numerous scholars like Shaykh Mansour Leghaei (it is in one of his books too).

I also can't find a background of any narrators from these hadith. Can you tell me what collection they're from? And are they sahih?

@Fahad Sani 

Should we argue on that again. If umar really loved Ahle bait, he would not have burnt house of Zahra ? And to tell you Hazrat Umm-i-Salima says that Prophet PBUHHP, Ali, Fatima, Hasan, Hussain were Ahle bait, even Prophet PBUHHP said to Umm-ul-Momineen Sayeda Umm-i-Salima to be a very nice lady but not among Ahle bait. 

2 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

حَدَّثَنَا زَيْدُ بْنُ الْحُبَابِ، قَالَ: ثنا الْقَاسِمُ بْنُ مَعْنٍ، عَنْ جَعْفَرٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ عُمَرَ، أَرَادَ أَنْ يَفْرِضَ لِلنَّاسِ، وَكَانَ رَأْيُهُ خَيْرًا مِنْ رَأْيِهِمْ، فَقَالُوا: ابْدَأْ بِنَفْسِكَ، فَقَالَ: «لَا، فَبَدَأَ بِالْأَقْرَبِ فَالْأَقْرَبِ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ،» فَفَرَضَ لِلْعَبَّاسِ ثُمَّ عَلِيٍّ حَتَّى وَالَى بَيْنَ خَمْسِ قَبَائِلَ حَتَّى انْتَهَى إِلَى بَنِي عَدِيِّ بْنِ كَعْبٍ

[Zayd bin al-Hubab told us (Thiqah Imam), al-Qassim bin Ma`n told us (Thiqah Imam Kufi), from Ja`far (al-Sadiq), from his father, that when `Umar wanted to distribute among the people, and he was the best of them in opinion, they said: “Begin with yourself.” So he said: “No, I begin with those closest to the Prophet (saw).” So he distributed to al-`Abbas then to `Ali the Khums and continued to do so for every tribe until he ended with bani `Adi bin Ka`b.

This is another proof that Umer don't even knew the Ahlul bait (a.s) or if he knew, he want to contaminate that circle by including Al-Abbas in Ahlul Bait (a.s)

In both the cases, we observe his ignorance or his enmity.

49 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:
3 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

This is another proof that Umer don't even knew the Ahlul bait (a.s) or if he knew, he want to contaminate that circle by including Al-Abbas in Ahlul Bait (a.s)

In both the cases, we observe his ignorance or his enmity.

Those closest to Prophet s.a.w.w.

Uncle is also closest one. Dont he.

21 minutes ago, Fahad Sani said:

Those closest to Prophet s.a.w.w.

Uncle is also closest one. Dont he.

Is it intellectual dishonesty or it is ignorance! Now you're adding Al-Abbas in Ahlul bait too? Here what your books are saying:

THE AHLUL-BAYT OF THE PROPHET (PBUH&HF)

the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet (PBUH&HF) consist of the following individuals ONLY:

Fatimah al-Zahra ,

Imam Ali ,

Imam al-Hasan ,

Imam al-Husain ,

Nine descendants of Imam al-Husain .

and including the Prophet (PBUH&HF) himself, they will become fourteen individuals.

The quran mentions Ahlul-Bayt and their exceptional virtue in the following verse which is known as

"Purification Verse" (Ayah al-Tat'hir):

"Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt),

and purify you with a perfect purification". (Quran, the last sentence of Verse 33:33)

It is interesting to see that both Sahih Muslim and Sahih al-Tirmidhi as well as many others confirm the

Shi'ite point of view explained above. In Sahih Muslim, there is a chapter named "Chapter of Virtues of

the Companions". Inside this chapter, there is a section called "Section of the Virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of

the Prophet". There exists ONLY ONE tradition in this section, and this tradition has no reference to the

wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). The tradition is known as "The Tradition of Cloak/Mantle" (Hadith al-

Kisaa), and is as follows:

Narrated Aisha:

One day the Prophet (PBUH&HF) came out afternoon wearing a black cloak (upper garment or gown; long coat), then al-Hasan Ibn Ali came and the Prophet accommodated him under the cloak, then al- Husain came and entered the cloak, then Fatimah came and the Prophet entered her under the cloak, then Ali came and the Prophet entered him to the cloak as well. Then the Prophet recited: "Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a perfect purification (the last sentence of Verse 33:33)."

Sunni reference:

Sahih Muslim, Chapter of virtues of companions, section of the virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet

(PBUH&HF), 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v4, p1883, Tradition #61.

One can see that the author of Sahih Muslim confirms that:

Imam Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain are the Ahlul-Bayt,

The purification sentence in Quran (the last sentence of Verse 33:33) was revealed for the virtue of the above-mentioned individuals, and NOT for the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF).

Muslim (the Author) did not put any other tradition in this section (section of the virtues of Ahlul-Bayt). If the author of Sahih Muslim believed that the wives of the Prophet were included in Ahlul-Bayt, he would have quoted some traditions about them in this section.

The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "I am leaving for you two precious and weighty Symbols that if you adhere to BOTH of them you shall not go astray after me. They are, the Book of Allah, and my progeny, that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The Merciful has informed me that These two shall not separate from each other till they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

Sunni references:

Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 662-663,328, report of 30+ companions, with reference to several chains of transmitters.

al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, Chapter of "Understanding (the virtues) of Companions, v3, pp 109,110,148,533 who wrote this tradition is authentic (Sahih) based on the criteria of the two Shaikhs

(al-Bukhari and Muslim).

Sunan, by Daarami, v2, p432

Musnad, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, pp 14,17,26,59, v4, pp 366,370-372, v5, pp 182,189,350,366,419

Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p585, Tradition #990

al-Khasa'is, by al-Nisa'i, pp 21,30

al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p230

al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani, v3, pp 62-63,137

Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, Chapter al-Iti'sam bi Habl Allah, v1, p44.

I can't tell if you're joking or not lol.

‘Ali and Abbas were sitting inside the house of Fatimah, Abu Bakr told Umar: "Go and bring them; if they refuse, kill them.” Umar brought fire to burn the house. Fatimah came near the door and said: "O son of Khattab, have you come to burn our house on me and my children?” Umar replied: "Yes I will, by Allah, until they come out and pay allegiance to the Prophet’s Caliph."

Sunni reference:
- Iqd al-Fareed, by Ibn Abd Rabb, Part 3, Pg. 63
- al-Ghurar, by Ibn Khazaben, related from Zayd Ibn Aslam

Umar Ibn al-Khattab came to the house of ‘Ali. Talha and Zubair and some of the immigrants were also in the house. Umar cried out:"By God, either you come out to render the oath of allegiance, or I will set the house on fire.” al-Zubair came out with his sword drawn. As he stumbled (upon something), the sword fell from his hand so they jumped over him and seized him.

Sunni Reference: -History of Tabari, English version, v9, pp 186-187

Umar said to Fatimah (who was behind the door of her house): "I know that the Prophet of God did not love any one more than you, but this will not stop me to carry out my decision. If these people stay in your house, I will burn the door in front of you."
Sunni reference: -Kanz al-Ummal, v3, p140

In fact Shibli Numani a famous scholar himself testifies the above event in the following words: "From Umar’s irritable and peevish temperament such an action on his part was not improbable."
Sunni reference: -al-Faruq, by Shibli Numani, p44

Umar asked for wood, and told those people inside the house: "I swear by Allah who has my soul in his hand, that if you do not come out, I will burn the house.” Someone told Umar that Fatimah was inside the house. Umar said: "So what! It doesn’t matter to me who is in the house.
Sunni reference: al-Imamah wa al-Siyasah by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, pp 3,19-20

Also refer to the esteemed Sunni historian Abul Hasan, ‘Ali Ibn al-Husayn al-Mas’udi who in his book ‘Isbaat al-Wasiyyah’ describes the events in detail and reports that: "They surrounded ‘Ali (as) and burned the door of his house and pulled him out against his will and pressed the leader of all women (Hadhrat Fatimah (sa)) between the door and the wall killing Mohsin (the male-child she was carrying in her womb for six months).”

Salahuddin Khalil al-Safadi another Sunni scholar in his book ‘Waafi al- Wafiyyaat’ under the letter ‘A’ while recording the view of Ibrahim Ibn Sayyar Ibn Hani al-Basri, well-known as Nidhaam quotes him to have said: "On the day of ‘Bay’aat’ (paying allegiance), Umar hit Fatimah (sa) on the stomach such that child in her womb died."

And when Fatima (as) passed away, she made a will preventing abu bakr from attending her funeral:

Sharh Ibn al Hadeed Volume 4 page 136 Chapter Khutbah Bayan Fadak: "Hadhrat Fatima's anger was such that she left a will stipulating that Abu Bakr not attend her funeral prayers."

@Fahad Sani is a salafi, he admitted that Allah has a physical body in the other thread. Don't take the stuff he says seriously.

23 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

So my question is to you, do you believe Abu huraira that we WILL see Allah on the day of judgement and do you believe Allah puts his leg on the hell fire to calm it down?

10 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

In short YES

Edited by Hassan Y

2 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

I think that "a.s" after Umer stands for his attributes e.g, athlete; sprinter

He really ran like sprinter specially in Uhud & Hunayn 

Boom.

download (5).jpg

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari

11 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

Below mentioned some narrations show the love, care and respect Umar a.s had for ahlebait a.s. 

Same Umar a.s whom twelver shia regard as killer of Sayeda Fatima s.a. 

حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، قَالَ ثنا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ جَعْفَرٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ: لَمَّا وَضَعَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ الدَّوَاوِينَ اسْتَشَارَ النَّاسَ، فَقَالَ: «بِمِنْ أَبْدَأُ؟» قَالَ: ابْدَأْ بِنَفْسِكَ؟ قَالَ: «لَا، وَلَكِنِّي أَبْدَأُ بِالْأَقْرَبِ فَالْأَقْرَبِ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، فَبَدَأَ بِهِمْ»

[Waki` told us (Thiqah Imam), Suffiyan told us (Thiqah Imam), from Ja`far, from his father, that he said: When `Umar was establishing the Diwans, he consulted the people. He asked: “With whom do I begin?” They said: “Begin with yourself?” He said: “No, but I shall begin with those closest to the Prophet (saw).” So he began with them.]

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ الْأَسَدِيُّ، قَالَ: ثنا حِبَّانُ، عَنْ مُجَالِدٍ، عَنِ الشَّعْبِيِّ، أَنَّ عُمَرَ، أُتِيَ مِنْ جَلُولَاءَ بِسَبْعَةِ آلَافِ أَلْفٍ فَفَرَضَ الْعَطَاءَ فَاسْتَشَارَ فِي ذَلِكَ فَقَالَ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ عَوْفٍ: «ابْدَأْ بِنَفْسِكَ، فَأَنْتَ أَحَقُّ بِذَلِكَ» ، قَالَ: لَا، بَلْ أَبْدَأُ بِالْأَقْرَبِ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، مِمَّنْ شَهِدَ بَدْرًا حَتَّى يَنْتَهِيَ ذَلِكَ إِلَيَّ، قَالَ: فَبَدَأَ فَفَرَضَ لِعَلِيٍّ فِي خَمْسَةِ آلَافٍ، ثُمَّ لِبَنِي هَاشِمٍ مِمَّنْ شَهِدَ بَدْرًا، ثُمَّ لِمَوَالِيهِمْ، ثُمَّ لِحُلَفَائِهِمْ ثُمَّ الْأَقْرَبِ فَالْأَقْرَبِ حَتَّى يَنْتَهِي ذَلِكَ إِلَيَّ

[Muhammad bin `Abdullah al-Asadi told us, Hibban told us, from Mujalid, from al-Sha`bi, that they brought `Umar seven million from Jalula’, so he ordered their distribution and consulted. `Abdul-Rahman bin `Awf said: “Start with yourself, you have the most right.” He replied: “No, I shall begin with those closest to the Prophet (saw), those who witnessed Badr until I end with myself.” So he ordered that `Ali receive five thousand, then to bani Hashim, those of them that witnessed Badr, then to their servants, then allies, and he kept on going until his own turn.]

From al-Amwal lil-Qassim bin Salam:

قال : وحدثت عن عبد الوهاب بن عبد المجيد الثقفي ، عن جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه ، أن عمر ألحق الحسن والحسين بأبيهما ، وفرض لهما في خمسة آلاف وحدثني نعيم بن حماد ، عن عبد العزيز بن محمد ، عن جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه ، أن عمر فعل ذلك بالحسن والحسين

[He said: And I was told from `Abd Wahb bin `Abdul-Majeed al-Thaqafi, from Ja`far bin Muhammad, from his father, that `Umar followed `Ali by his sons al-Hasan and al-Husayn giving each of them five thousand. And Nu`aym bin Hammad (Imam Saduq) told me, from `Abdul-`Aziz bin Muhammad al-Darawardi (Hasan al-Hadith) from Ja`far bin Muhammad, from his father, that `Umar indeed did so with al-Hasan and al-Husayn.]

Why is loving Umar so important to you? 

I don't force the love of the AhlulBayt upon you. But then their character is such that a true Muslim cannot help but love them.

14 hours ago, Pangea said:
14 hours ago, starlight said:

Who is Umar 'a.s' ?

You beat me to it starlight!

1 hour ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

A new version of Islam,  Ahle Sunnah with Minhaj of Ahletashayyu, as a result rank of Umer changed from Umer r.a to Umer a.s.

Are you trying to make us fool or fooling yourself? 

Same a.s is also with ahlebait.

18 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

A.S or "alayhi as-salām (عليه السلام), means peace be upon him". It can also be used with names of non prophets. In fact we all use this term for all muslims when we say  "As-Salaam-Alaikum," meaning "Peace be unto you,"

Large fonts are used so that those who are blind and are living a life of jahilliyah can also see the truth.

Edited by starlight
Changed fonts back to normal size, followers of Ahlebayt (as) cannot be Jaahil.