Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Talut

"Sadaqa Allahu 'l-Azeem"

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Talut said:

Salam,

Is "Sadaqa Allahu 'l-Azeem" to be said after reciting Quran?

If not, what do Twelvers say adter reciting Quran?

W/Salam brother,

We say the complete pharase after reciting Quran i.e., "sadaq Allahu'l Ali' ul Azeem"

Removing the name Al-Ali from this pharase is the way of nawasibs. It is not even the Quranic way, Quran has used these names as:

Wa huwa'al Ali'ul Azeem (Ayat ul Kursi)

It is better to use these names as mentioned in Quran, not only in Ayat al kursi but also here:

Surah Ash-Shura, Verse 4:

لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

His is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and He is the High, the Great.

(English - Shakir)

Edited by Engineer73

20 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

W/Salam brother,

We say the complete pharase after reciting Quran i.e., "sadaq Allahu'l Ali' ul Azeem"

Removing the name Al-Ali from this pharase is the way of nawasibs. It is not even the Quranic way, Quran has used these names as:

It is better to use these names as mentioned in Quran, not only in Ayat al kursi but also here:

His is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and He is the High, the Great.

(English - Shakir)

Is this proven to be a Sunnah in Twelver islam?

And I see no objection in saying "sadaq Allahu'l Ali' ul Azeem" nor in "sadaq Allahu'l'Azeem. Both are names of Allah so both can be said.

No offense but I believe people nowadays make issues out of nothing without looking at what things truly mean.

Edited by Talut

23 hours ago, Engineer73 said:

W/Salam brother,

(English - Shakir)

what does al-ali mean?

6 hours ago, Talut said:

Is this proven to be a Sunnah in Twelver islam?

I dont know whether it is a sunnah or not. My teacher always finish reciting Quran by saying sadaq Allahul aliyyul azeem & he advised the same to me. 

The verses of Quran are truth from Allah and the pharase "sadaq Allah" is present in Quran:

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 95:

قُلْ صَدَقَ اللَّهُ

Say: Allah has spoken the truth,

Now for futher praising Allah by His attributes, and for defining Him, we see in Quran He said:

وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Nowhere in Quran you will find "wa huwal azeem". 

6 hours ago, Talut said:

And I see no objection in saying "sadaq Allahu'l Ali' ul Azeem" nor in "sadaq Allahu'l'Azeem. Both are names of Allah so both can be said.

No offense but I believe people nowadays make issues out of nothing without looking at what things truly mean.

:) So can say sadaq Allahul Qadeer, or sadaq Allahul Hakeem, or sadaq Allahur- Rehman?

The Ayat-al-Kursi is the best description of Allah (s.w.t) and it ends on "wa huwal Aliyyul Azeem". The "hu" here represents Him, He says for Himself that He is Al-Aliyyul Azeem. So when you say "sadaq Allah", you move ahead by praising Allah in the Quranic way "sadaq Allahul Aliyyul Azeem".

An example here is the pharase "la hawla wala quwwata illa billahil aliyyil azeem". You can see it is not "illa billahil azeem". I hope this description will help you.

It is another debate that Al-Ali & Al-Azeem are His names and have different meanings respectively, but does the meaning of these words remains the same where Allah has used them together e.g, Al-Aliyyul Azeem? And that "Aliyyul Azeem" is one name or composed of His two names? Similarly, Ar-Rehman is His name as well as Al-Raheem, does Ar-Rehman-ir-Rahim is one name & having different & more descriptive meaning than the individual names ArRehman & ArRaheem?

Edited by Engineer73

17 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

It is another debate that Al-Ali & Al-Azeem are His names and have different meanings respectively, but does the meaning of these words remains the same where Allah has used them together e.g, Al-Aliyyul Azeem? And that "Aliyyul Azeem" is one name or composed of His two names? Similarly, Ar-Rehman is His name as well as Al-Raheem, does Ar-Rehman-ir-Rahim is one name & having different & more descriptive meaning than the individual names ArRehman & ArRaheem?

In support of my this opinion, I would like to present the following compositions of two different names of Allah mentioned in Quran where two names combined together & making a more in depth meaning which is different from the meaning of individual names:

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 34:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيًّا كَبِيرًا

Surah Luqman, Verse 30:

وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ

Surah Ash-Shura, Verse 51:

إِنَّهُ عَلِيٌّ حَكِيمٌ

It is important to note that some of the most extreme Sunnis have called saying either "Sadaq Allahul Azeem" or "Sadaq Allahul Aliyul Azeem" a form of bid'ah.

In other words, they say that because the Prophet didn't explicitly say either version after a recitation of the Qur'an, doing so would be an innovation. This is despite verses like 3:95.

12 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

It is important to note that some of the most extreme Sunnis have called saying either "Sadaq Allahul Azeem" or "Sadaq Allahul Aliyul Azeem" a form of bid'ah.

In other words, they say that because the Prophet didn't explicitly say either version after a recitation of the Qur'an, doing so would be an innovation. This is despite verses like 3:95.

lol wouldnt these be good innovations them like taraweeh?