In the Name of God بسم الله

Hajj 2017 from Toronto/Canada?

IFK

• Advanced Member

Salam all,

I wanted to know what are the most reputed Hajj organizers to go this year? And have they started their packages (I noted that most Sunni places have started offering it). I am having a bit of an issue finding more information on this, if someone can help - atleast to get an idea of the prices, arrangements, dates, etc.

I haven't moved to Canada yet but planning to very soon inshaAllah.. so I do not have any personal contacts there as yet... though want to try to do Hajj if possible asap as this is my only option.

JazakAllah for any help.

• Advanced Member

The issue is that I'm not in Canada at the moment, so need something online or someone I can call over the phone... so relying on any reliable person I could  talk to about the groups?

Unfortunately I do not speak Farsi:( - either english or urdu

• 6 years later...
  • Basic Members

I just don't understand how could you say "Don't go for Hajj". Helping the Saudis or not becomes irrelevant when all capable Muslims are required by Allah to perform hajj atleast once in a lifetime. This is compulsory... "Wajib".

Saying "don't go for hajj" is like saying, "don't listen to Allah".

This is Kufr brother. So please edit your post or resend another. 

• Advanced Member
On 2/20/2017 at 6:44 AM, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Don't go on hajj. You'll be helping the Saudi oppressors. They get lots of their money from hajj.

I honestly feel this way too, but at the same time I know it's a religious requirement. Fortunately I know I'll probably never be able to afford to go anyway as the Saudis have turned it into a big business. For Canadians it's like around $7000 last time I checked. Most of us are barely surviving, let alone able to just throw down $7000 on a religious pilgrimage that has been turned into a luxury vacation.

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, Syed Raza Hussain Zaidi said:

This is Kufr brother. So please edit your post or resend another.

Salam this is not mtch with definition of Kufr anyway when a Shias go to obligatory Hajj so then they must keep it as low key without engaging in financial helping of Al-Saud monarchy likewise not going out for shopping at their malls which insted of that they must focus on pilgrimage & increasing their spirituality & morality by doing Mustahab deeds as much as possible for them instead of void hanging out & wasting their valuable time at luxurious malls & other places of entertainment also if someone has done obligatory Hajj  in previous years there is no need to go to Hajj again . 

A review of the recommendations of the leader of the revolution to the Iranian pilgrims of Baitullah al-Haram

Use prayers, pilgrimages and the Quran as much as you can during Hajj.

Islam gives honor, strength and courage to the Islamic Ummah and Islamic rulers so that they can act, understand and see their way. Hajj is a great opportunity for these truths and many truths of this type - which are available to us, the Muslim nation of Iran, thanks to the blessing of Islamic knowledge and Islamic guidance - to be given to the public opinion of the people of the world and to wake them up. Many of the hearts of the Islamic world are awake; They should feel that their idea has supporters throughout the Islamic world so that they can find the necessary courage and bravery. All of these are in the shadow of the spirituality of Hajj; Do not neglect the spirituality of Hajj and the use of the great concepts of prayers and pilgrimages and the verses of the Holy Quran. Take advantage of this great savings as much as you can.Allah willing, you will return from this trip with full hands . Statements in the meeting with the agents of the Hajj ceremony 2003-01-15

Help poor Muslims in other countries by saving travel expenses

Encourage pilgrims from other countries to save money and help other Muslims
Those who make Hajj Musharraf - primarily the Iranian pilgrim who is a neighbor, is close, witnesses their problems - can eliminate many of these redundant and unnecessary expenses, at the cost of grieving a Muslim brother or sister in Pakistan; These are very rewarding in front of Almighty Allah; This is an exercise, an experience; Then pilgrims and Hajis and the rest of the Islamic countries; Give them this message and encourage them in this sense.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers on 2010-10-10

Avoid marketing

Avoid marketing
You can use Iranian goods as souvenirs

I am not against buying souvenirs, but why with these hamging at markets? It is very bad. Some people are thirsty for shopping; These lighten your nation, your people; that's a pity. They go and buy the same goods, often low-quality goods from distant profit-seeking countries that have arrangements with the same companies in that host country. They make fake and low-quality goods for pilgrims, bring them and drop them in these markets, you also go and pour your own currency and money to buy these low-quality goods. Today in our country, fortunately, there are plenty of domestic goods with good quality, diverse, beautiful, made by Iranian workers - your own brother. Some people buy travel souvenirs here - it's a good thing - they keep them before they go on a trip to Mecca; After they come back, they give the ones they bought in the market of their city as souvenirs. It's a travel gift, it's good. This is a very good job.

Some people bring souvenirs from there as a blessed thing; There is no blessing. These janamazhs (rugs) that they weave in our own Sanandaj and Kurdistan are many times better than the janamazhs((rugs) they bring from there. Empower your brother, buy his handiwork which is both more beautiful and better and give this as a souvenir. Take it there and give it as a souvenir to the people you love. All our products are the same; Now I gave an example of my Janamaz(rug), which is the most holy. Observe these.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers on 2011-10-03

https://farsi.khamenei.ir/speech-content?id=21355

• Advanced Member

In communicating with your religious brothers, rely on commonalities and treat them with kindness

Communicate with Muslim brothers in other countries through language and action
Communication with Muslim brothers in the Islamic world should be revived in this important center. Communication is not government communication. Government communication is official communication, linguistic communication is for other issues. The relationship between the members of the Islamic Ummah is a heart relationship; This is achieved by connecting nations with each other. When meeting with Muslim brothers who come from other countries, those who speak the language, can talk, show affection with the language, give compliments, rely on common points.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers 2012-09-24

Others may scold, you smile in front of him
During Hajj rituals, give room to others, be kind, bear hardships

Those who are not good at talking, with actions: give room, be kind, act kindly, endure some hardships and violence; Someone may scold you, you smile in front of him. In practice, try to establish this relationship; Not just to preserve the honor and dignity of Iran and the Iranian nation - which is, of course, very important in its own right; How good it is for a nation to show its dignity, its value, its adherence to human and Islamic morals - but for this heart connection to be established. He belongs to any race, he belongs to any language, he belongs to any religion, he is Muslim; Like you, he has come to love the Kaaba, he has come to love the Prophet; He is also walking the same way, he is also talking to Almighty Allah. As much as you can, draw this common face to each other; understand that this common denominator exists. When a Muslim in all corners of the world feels that he has brothers in other countries, in other nations, he gains spiritual strength and self-confidence; He saves himself from the weakness that the evil and arrogant hands have imposed on Muslims. This state should be strengthened.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers 2012-09-24

Avoid wrong reactions to pressures and insults against Shiites

Hajj should be a manifestation of unity, it should be a manifestation of understanding, it should be a manifestation of dialogue, it should be a manifestation of empathy and cooperation and bringing Muslims closer together; Hajj should be carried out like this, it should be moved like this. Now, in Hajj, which is the center of unity and acompany, some people start creating differences - whether in Mecca or Medina - some people start working against Shia; For their pilgrimage, for their work, for fulfilling their duties and assignments and their beliefs, putting them under pressure, insulting them - which unfortunately reports are coming - some people from this side do other things as a reaction. Well, this is exactly the opposite of Hajj expediency; This is opposite  of the philosophy of Hajj.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers on 2012-09-24

• Advanced Member

Don't implement the enemy's plan in the name of defending the truth

Today, one of the main goals of arrogance and America in the Islamic world is to create differences; The best means is to create differences between Shiites and Sunnis. You can see what the masters of colonialism in the world are saying, what they are spraying and what they are sowing the seeds of hypocrisy. For many years, the colonialist and power-seeking hands of the rising western powers have been doing this. In Hajj, it is a good opportunity for them to anger Shia against Sunni, and Sunni against Shia; Make him insult the holy things of other, make him insult the holy things and his beloved ones. You should be alert; It is not specific to Hajj either; You should be alert at all times of the year and in all fields. The Shia-Sunni war is the true favorite of America. After the passing of centuries, they sit facing each other - like those who face each other in war - they talk to each other with  hearts full of hatred; He insults other one, other one insults him. It makes no sense to hire people during the Hajj ceremony, especially in this very sensitive time, in order to create this dispute; You must be alert; People should be alert; Respected clerics of the caravans should be aware of this matter with a sense of full responsibility; Know what the enemy wants. It is a great negligence for a person to defend the enemy's plan and work for the enemy, thinking that he is defending the truth. Others take money, become mercenaries and do this; They may incite some fanatical superficial people against you, against your beliefs and against your holy things. If they face a reciprocation, they have definitely reached their goal; That's what they want; They want to engage  us with each other to ease their mind.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers on 2004-12-20

Do not miss the opportunity to clarify and declare dissociation from arrogance and America

Nations must be very alert; Governments should also be vigilant. The opportunity of Hajj should not be missed to shed light on these issues and declare innocence from arrogance and America. The Islamic world must know what issues it is facing. These should become a means of vitality and movement for the Islamic world. In their advertisements, it is pretended that it is no longer useful; Arrogance dominates and nothing can be done; It's a fist and dagger. This is not the case. The fact of the matter is that the Islamic Ummah is a living and capable being; Wherever he wants and will and acts, neither the power of America nor above America can do anything against him.
Statements in the meeting of Hajj brokers on 2004-12-20

• Advanced Member

Participate in congregational prayers and other gatherings

Those who go to Hajj should know the value of Hajj. I will share this one word for now so that if it is detailed, we will talk more about it later. Those who go to Makkah should not sacrifice Makkah for shopping and hanging at malls. Mecca is above this word. They can go on a business trip later and visit wherever they want. But during the Hajj, they should keep these "specific days " for themselves and for pilgrimage, attention and remembrance and do not sacrifice it for worthless activities.
Participate in congregational prayers. Participate in meetings. Be sure to understand the first prayer of the time to the congregation in the high-ranking shrines. Let your presence be a faithful and pious presence that is expected from the Iranian nation.
Statements in the meeting of officials and those involved in "Hajj" on 1994-04-20

Perform Hajj in groups

The presence of Muslims in Hajj should be a meaningful presence. And if only the spiritual aspect and remembrance of Allah was meant, then a person could sit in his house and remember Allah. It was not necessary anymore «یأتوک رجالا و علی کلّ ضامر یأتین من کلّ فجّ عمیق » . If society had no meaning, "specific days" would not be necessary. They would say: "Anyone could go to Mecca at any time of the year." Couldn't it be?! It is for these things that they said, "Gather together." It is for the remembrance of Allah to be said collectively. The sit-in by Allah's rope should also be done in groups. He says: "And hang tor Allah's rope all together" and not "single". The problem is this!
Statements in the meeting of officials and those involved in "Hajj" on 1994-04-20