Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ridda Wars

Rate this topic

Talut

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

Show me references to that statement

Show me references that they were his supporters

So the Ridda Wars had nothing to do with the Shia of Imam Ali a.s.?

Well if not so then I ask the moderators to close this thread.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Talut said:

So the Ridda Wars had nothing to do with the Shia of Imam Ali a.s.?

Well if not so then I ask the moderators to close this thread.

The ridda wars were against the apostates. If you believe it was against the shia of Ali, than all I wanted was references to that.

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

The ridda wars were against the apostates. If you believe it was against the shia of Ali, than all I wanted was references to that.

Was Malik ibn Nuweira an apostate?

Were all those who did not accept the authority of Abu Bakr apostates?

Edited by Talut

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Talut said:

Was Malik ibn Nuweira an apostate?

No he was not, Khalid ibn Al-Waleed murdered him and Omar ibn Al-Khattab got angry at Khalid for killing a muslim. Omar wanted to stone Khalid to death for that but Abu bakr ordered him not to.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

However Imam Ali عليه السلام was not able to finance an army especially since Fadak had been seized

Wallahi, this is the first reply after long time that actually does make sense.

Jazak'Allahu khayran.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Because riddah wars was an expression of Yemeni nationalism but in a distorted pseudo religious sense which diminished its appeal to many Yemeni leaders 

I never ever heard this anywhere before.

What's your source bro'.

Edited by Faruk

• Veteran Member
On 2/19/2017 at 2:07 PM, Ozzy said:

Can't speak for everyone.
I believe the refusal to give zakah directly to Abu Bakar was mainly based on the instruction that Imam Ali عليه السلام is the successor. However Imam Ali عليه السلام was not able to finance an army especially since Fadak had been seized, and Imam Ali عليه السلام and his closest companions were confined to the House of Zahra سلام الله عليها. Malik bin Nuwaira refused to give zakah directly to Abu Bakar.

Imam Ali عليه السلام had fought in the front lines of all the battles, if he still had the same zeal for Islam as he did for during the time of Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وآله we would expect him to have lead the armies against those who refused to give Zakah directly to Abu Bakar, or participate in them or at least speak against them.

So Riddah wars were essentially the first Shia Sunni war ? Is that what you are saying ?

• Veteran Member

The Ridda Wars were not started by the supporters of Imam Ali.

When tribes saw that the Medinites or Quraysh selected Abu Bakr, they figured it was a free for all and they had no reason to follow Abu Bakr. Some (Musalamah) openly apostated by declaring Prophethood and the others just selected their own leader.

Since there was no basis for Abu Bakr, then select whom you like....

• Veteran Member
On 3/3/2017 at 5:43 AM, Ozzy said:

Those who refused to give Zaka did so based on their loyalty to Ahlul Bait عليهم السلام or at the least their concerns about Abu Bakar assuming leadership without any precedent from Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وله.

The armies of Musailama et al was a threat to the safety of Medina. The army that went to fight these armies consisted of a mix of people, including the Shia of Ahlul Bait like Fairoz al-Daylami et al as well as Khalid bin Waleed et al who supported Abu Bakar.

All the while Imam Ali عليه السلام was under house arrest or was at least the safest and wisest choice for him to stay with his companions in the house of Zahra سلام الله عليها.

Do you have more information on Fairoz daylaimi ?

• Advanced Member

Salam,

If there were Shia of Imam Ali a.s. then his attitude was not in line with it as he a.s. did not oppose the wars nor defended his Shia.

As far as I know there aren't accounts that considered Imam Ali to be responsible for the refusing tribes as well.

Edited by Faruk