Rate this topic

Asalaam Alaikum wr wb brothers and sisters,

Have you come across this narration from Prophet Muhammad sawas?

"The Messenger of Allah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã said: Hijaz will be ruled by a man who has the name of an animal (i.e King Fahd (leopard). If you looked at him you will see that he is cross-eyed from far and if you came close to him, you will not see anything wrong with his eyes. A brother called Abdullah will succeed him. Woe unto the Shia from him, he repeated it three times, give me the glad tidings of his death, I will give you the glad tidings of the appearance of the Hujjah" - 250 Signs p.122 Muhammad Ali Tabatabai

24 minutes ago, fightagainstfalsehood said:

Asalaam Alaikum wr wb brothers and sisters,

Have you come across this narration from Prophet Muhammad sawas?

"The Messenger of Allah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã said: Hijaz will be ruled by a man who has the name of an animal (i.e King Fahd (leopard). If you looked at him you will see that he is cross-eyed from far and if you came close to him, you will not see anything wrong with his eyes. A brother called Abdullah will succeed him. Woe unto the Shia from him, he repeated it three times, give me the glad tidings of his death, I will give you the glad tidings of the appearance of the Hujjah" - 250 Signs p.122 Muhammad Ali Tabatabai

As surprised as I am, I am ten times more happy.

May Allah bless us with the Mahdi sooner.

Mentioned by a contemporary scholar. The narration is yet to be found in earlier works.
However Sheikh al-Tusi does mention in al-Ghaiba that Imam Sadiq عليه السلام said: When Abdullah dies, the people will not be able to agree on a leader except your Sahib. The monarchies that lasted for years, months and days will end ...".

However this could not apply to Abdullah since Salman succeeded him. Also there is no mention of the Hijaz in Tusi's narration.

الغيبة للشيخ الطوسي: عن الإمام الصادق (عليه السلام) : (من يضمن لي موت عبد الله أضمن له القائم - ثم قال - إذا مات عبد الله لم يجتمع الناس بعده على أحد ولم يتناه هذا الأمر دون صاحبكم إن شاء الله, ويذهب ملك السنين ويصير ملك الشهور والأيام ...الخ

What really interested me about this hadith is the part that it mentions ' give me the glad tidings of his death, I will give you the glad tidings of the appearance of the Hujjah" - 250 Signs p.122 Muhammad Ali Tabatabai' 

Also there are many hadith that mention a Yamani a.s? Could it be that the Yamani a.s will give the glad tidings of the Mahdi a.s?