Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is a Soul?

Rate this topic

Guest StarGazer

What is it? Where is it situated? Why do we have it? 

What role does it play on our character, personality, behaviour, thoughts, actions, and just Life in general? 

If our brain is responsible for all our thoughts and actions, and it is our brain that determines what kind of human beings we are , then why would our souls be sent to heaven or hell? (Whilst our brain rots with the rest of our body on this earth) 

What significance do our souls hold? 

Please reply ASAP. 

• Advanced Member

I apologize as I am not learned about Islam.

Have you ever seen a light in someone's eye? not reflect, but emanating?

Have you ever had a prophetic dream about someone you cherish and love?

Are you your organs? You have a stomach, yet you do not live as a stomach? You eat, and the stomach digests it. The stomach does not create what goes in it. We say we are made of flesh, but we are not flesh in since that we are bound by it. We can choose to live a life guided by spirit, by our souls desire to love, and feel.

I know that I have a mental illness. But sometimes I am in tune with my world, that I learn or know things before they happen. This is my soul speaking, listening, hearing the words of the creator, seeing the images of the creator.

I have spoken with someone who is very kind, and is a good Muslim I would say. And there is this line, or belief between my culture and Islam. In my culture, our spirit sees and feels and experiences at all times, and our minds can sense it. Dreams are often a source for such a sensing. Then you have the Vision Quest, the time a child becomes a man, and learns about themselves in the Creator's eyes.

I do not know where the being of a person lies, but it is not the organs. Humans are not their bodies alone. Just as a driver is not the car they are in.

Does this help?

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Shandor said:

I apologize as I am not learned about Islam.

Have you ever seen a light in someone's eye? not reflect, but emanating?

Have you ever had a prophetic dream about someone you cherish and love?

Are you your organs? You have a stomach, yet you do not live as a stomach? You eat, and the stomach digests it. The stomach does not create what goes in it. We say we are made of flesh, but we are not flesh in since that we are bound by it. We can choose to live a life guided by spirit, by our souls desire to love, and feel.

I know that I have a mental illness. But sometimes I am in tune with my world, that I learn or know things before they happen. This is my soul speaking, listening, hearing the words of the creator, seeing the images of the creator.

I have spoken with someone who is very kind, and is a good Muslim I would say. And there is this line, or belief between my culture and Islam. In my culture, our spirit sees and feels and experiences at all times, and our minds can sense it. Dreams are often a source for such a sensing. Then you have the Vision Quest, the time a child becomes a man, and learns about themselves in the Creator's eyes.

I do not know where the being of a person lies, but it is not the organs. Humans are not their bodies alone. Just as a driver is not the car they are in.

Does this help?

Dear Shandor the truth is all the same in all religions. Yes you are very right in your thinking. It is the thinking of a beautiful soul 

• Basic Members

To put it simply: We ARE the soul. The soul= the self. Us being a soul is the reason that we have free will and are not slaves to the workings of the brain. Watch the following 4 videos for a better view of the soul: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TX_4LthrdGqACsqIWKd2gs-