sidnaq

Thoughts on Zakir Naik.

Rate this topic

Lay people, dont watch if fear of going away from shia islam. What do you think of this answer? are there shias who answer like this.The trouble with shia speakers is that it takes time to find the right answers, unless i am wrong, and someone can give me speakers or knowledgable people thatd be great.and i just i mean i get it history and everything, but i dont understand, please i dont mean to misguide anybody just smartpeople who can answer me.

Edited by sidnaq

No harm in listening to anyone.
Just be sure to verify anything that doesn't sound right.
Share with others whatever you learn, if it is contrary to Shia understanding, it will be corrected.

6 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

.The trouble with shia speakers is that it takes time to find the right answers

That depends on who we are close to.

Edited by Ozzy

A PERSONAL CHOICE: Used to listen to him occasionally even though he allows knowledge to overcome humility at times. But as soon as he made those remarks about Imam Hussain (as) and Yazid (la), I was speechless! I guess I was expecting something more from a knowledgeable man "but if you ain't from the kingdom of wisdom, for me your kingdom-ship has already sunk". Maybe I would have returned in hope at some stage but how could I when there's an untapped huge selection of great Shia english speakers and certainly not forgetting the unconquerable written material. You know what they say "oi, sort your own self first before u start playin Mother Theresa to the world"

I used to listen to him but find him very flawed and realized that he is not that knowledgeable as everyone makes him seem. I always see him quoting the same thing over and over again like he has prepared his script. 

This guy is messed up unfortunately. He always twists peoples questions and never answers. I don't want to waste any of my time seeking knowledge from him considering we have such knowledgeable and intellectual scholars who have done great work.

I don't know who he is, but I don't understand why you keep listening to Sunni or wahabi speakers. There's nothing wrong with listening to them but there are plenty of shia speakers out there that are way more knowledgable and more interesting than these guys. 

11 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

I don't know who he is, but I don't understand why you keep listening to Sunni or wahabi speakers. There's nothing wrong with listening to them but there are plenty of shia speakers out there that are way more knowledgable and more interesting than these guys. 

yeah you know something, i dont, i dont listen to sunni or wahhabi speakers,i only only listen to shia, and sometimes i dont get that feeling like i did after lsitening to one lecture today. it doesnt bother others shias, it affects me and i am trying to figure it out.I dont see other shia speakers answering the majority of questions he has, though i am not saying they dont exist, but itd take along time to find them as its easier to lsiten to him, but i dont know whether his answers are correct.and it becomes a big issue. Why are other people so attracted to shia speakers, and i am Alhumdulillah to a point but it doesnt have the full effect or its a weird effect, a spiritual one but one that doesnt ground me in my faith.I mean is it shaitan , whats happening? im tired of blaming myself.

11 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

yeah you know something, i dont, i dont listen to sunni or wahhabi speakers,i only only listen to shia, and sometimes i dont get that feeling like i did after lsitening to one lecture today. it doesnt bother others shias, it affects me and i am trying to figure it out.I dont see other shia speakers answering the majority of questions he has, though i am not saying they dont exist, but itd take along time to find them as its easier to lsiten to him, but i dont know whether his answers are correct.and it becomes a big issue. Why are other people so attracted to shia speakers, and i am Alhumdulillah to a point but it doesnt have the full effect or its a weird effect, a spiritual one but one that doesnt ground me in my faith.I mean is it shaitan , whats happening? im tired of blaming myself.

3 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

What kind of questions are you looking for? You don't want to be learning the sunni version of Islam.

49 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

I don't really feel like there are many shia speakers out there.  And many of them focus on theory of religion, as i call it, and not practical application in today's world.  They'll narrate stories about Imam Hussein or something, but they won't address issues that youth today face, or issues the Muslim community faces.  I get that we are supposed to followers of Ahul Bayt, but there is more to Islam than simply talking about Imam Hussain's family and Yazid, and Mawuuiyah, etc.  At least that has been much of my experience.

1 hour ago, coldcow said:

I don't really feel like there are many shia speakers out there.  And many of them focus on theory of religion, as i call it, and not practical application in today's world.  They'll narrate stories about Imam Hussein or something, but they won't address issues that youth today face, or issues the Muslim community faces.  I get that we are supposed to followers of Ahul Bayt, but there is more to Islam than simply talking about Imam Hussain's family and Yazid, and Mawuuiyah, etc.  At least that has been much of my experience.

Go listen to Hassanain Rajabali, he speaks about everything. Tell me one Sunni speaker better than that guy? 

A verse-reciting bot with the brain of a brick who yaps yaps yaps yaps and yaps ad nauseum in a voice that grates on ears and makes me cringe after listening to him for five minutes straight.

He sells himself on his ability to quote various scriptures by heart. Otherwise he is a bad debater who likes to mock his opponents and make fun of their religious beliefs whilst not making a genuine enough effort to explain the philosophy Islam beyond 101 stuff. 

He is also a terrorist sympathiser, conspiracy theory believer, extremely anti-Shia in personal views after his sister converted to Shi'ism and married a Shia.

It should be noted that I watched him once and was astounded by how insanely rude he was to a Christian asking him questions about Islam. I, a revert, haven't watched him since. I don't know why you would find a Wahhabi sympathiser shouting at the top of his lungs at people "knowledgeable" @sidnaq

There are plenty of Shia speakers that much more knowledgeable than Zakir Naik. If you can't watch videos then I suggest that you read as much as you can on Al Islam.org.

You can do so much better than waste your time with Zakir Naik.

10 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Do you listen to Zakir Naik? even besides his point on yazid la.Do you listen to him for anything else, or would you suggest shias avoid him.

I would suggest that everyone should avoid listening to him. He only creates an illusion of knowledge as he crams and quotes verses from scriptures or 'scientific facts'. But my main concern is that he allows no room for critical thinking. Most of the Muslims in the crowd are there to support everything he says without giving thought to the meaning and the consequence of his statements. The questioners cannot use his platform to openly follow up or challenge a lot of his statements. If they do, they get shut down by the support speakers. If Zakir Naik actually stands in an uncontrolled stage of intellects, he will be humiliated, to say the least. Watch the two videos below as a hint of his knowledge of science/evolution which he uses to convince people to embrace Islam. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXa-UQjSNn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx5hR3Vz54s

I think we should not compare science with religion. There are many things which we don't know and we can't prove yet. And people who don't believe in Quran won't agree with you no matter what you say to them. Also, theories obsolete all the time so why you want to compare them to the book of Allah?

And zakir naik could say whatever he likes because nobody fact check him at that time. 

5 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

It should be noted that I watched him once and was astounded by how insanely rude he was to a Christian asking him questions about Islam. I, a revert, haven't watched him since. I don't know why you would find a Wahhabi sympathiser shouting at the top of his lungs at people "knowledgeable" @sidnaq

There are plenty of Shia speakers that much more knowledgeable than Zakir Naik. If you can't watch videos then I suggest that you read as much as you can on Al Islam.org.

You can do so much better than waste your time with Zakir Naik.

i know brother, i do try, but at the end of the day, i can only check out simple videos at times, and i did sort of like the short islamic videos posted by islamic pulse and pure stream( shia islamic youtube pages) and i do try listening to hassanain rajabali but what he says sometimes just i dont know i think after a while it sort of disinterests me or i cant understand his train of thought . i am sincerely thinking that if this is a one case situation( me) then i dont know.but yes i do avoid sunni speakers, i honestly do,and i tried checking out some of the books on al islam ,once again i was interested more in books that are simpler than harder.and i dont know,i guess iunderstand better from them than shia sides at times.but i amnot trying to say that to go listen to speakers they are unsure of. i just want to find what helps keep me grounded in islam and hope to God i dont end up going astray.

4 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

i know brother, i do try, but at the end of the day, i can only check out simple videos at times, and i did sort of like the short islamic videos posted by islamic pulse and pure stream( shia islamic youtube pages) and i do try listening to hassanain rajabali but what he says sometimes just i dont know i think after a while it sort of disinterests me or i cant understand his train of thought . i am sincerely thinking that if this is a one case situation( me) then i dont know.but yes i do avoid sunni speakers, i honestly do,and i tried checking out some of the books on al islam ,once again i was interested more in books that are simpler than harder.and i dont know,i guess iunderstand better from them than shia sides at times.but i amnot trying to say that to go listen to speakers they are unsure of. i just want to find what helps keep me grounded in islam and hope to God i dont end up going astray.

Try Peshawar Nights, that's relatively simple. At least I think so. Although we should each other out of our comfort zone from time to time. 

2 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Try Peshawar Nights, that's relatively simple. At least I think so. Although we should each other out of our comfort zone from time to time. 

hmm yes i should go back and read it fully this time, i think the last time the only thing i checked out about peshawar nights was the prayer part of it, but JazakAllah brother. i will,its true , i find shia islam more stable and less evolutionary than sunni islam usually is( like it feels like it evolves or something like the salafi version of islam i mean where do these things come from?).

2 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

hmm yes i should go back and read it fully this time, i think the last time the only thing i checked out about peshawar nights was the prayer part of it, but JazakAllah brother. i will,its true , i find shia islam more stable and less evolutionary than sunni islam usually is( like it feels like it evolves or something like the salafi version of islam i mean where do these things come from?

7 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

hmm yes i should go back and read it fully this time, i think the last time the only thing i checked out about peshawar nights was the prayer part of it, but JazakAllah brother. i will,its true , i find shia islam more stable and less evolutionary than sunni islam usually is( like it feels like it evolves or something like the salafi version of islam i mean where do these things come from?