Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sumerian

Do Imperialists back Valentine's Day?

Rate this topic

As we know Valentine's Day is a day where multinational multibillion (maybe trillion) dollar corporations celebrate because their business is "booming".

On this day the most immoral examples of transgressions are present, and sales of millions of satanic revealing clothes is present, and most importantly the celebration of an adulterer is present.

Is Valentine's Day supported by Imperialists in your opinion???

52 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Happy Valentine's Day! :love:

I bought a box of heart-shaped donuts for my mum. She baked a cake for my sis who is now married and honeymooning with her husband abroad and taking a special cruise dinner for couples tonight.

I also bought two heart-shapped red balloons for my two nephews. They are soo happy.

That's our Valentine Day. What about yours? 

That's sounds exactly like the way I would celebrate Valentine's, as basically a day of family appreciation.

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

Happy Valentine's Day! :love:

I bought a box of heart-shaped donuts for my mum. She baked a cake for my sis who is now married and honeymooning with her husband abroad and taking a special cruise dinner for couples tonight.

I also bought two heart-shapped red balloons for my two nephews. They are soo happy.

That's our Valentine Day. What about yours? 

Exposing Valentine's Day, that's how mine went.

Shaykh Al-Kadhimi also exposed Valentine's Day.

1 hour ago, E.L King said:

Exposing Valentine's Day, that's how mine went.

Shaykh Al-Kadhimi also exposed Valentine's Day.

Ah man that sounds awful. So boring...

I will offer you a piece of the choco cake to cheer you up!

46 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Ah man that sounds awful. So boring...

I will offer you a piece of the choco cake to cheer you up!

I am never bored. I always occupy nyself with useful things.

I don't eat cakes in the name of a Roman Adulterer.

Edited by E.L King

I like the day after, when the candies go on sale. 

I gifted my little daughter a bouquet of lolipops and some warm leggings. (It's still winter here.) My toddler son got a red and blue nerf ball. I got my husband a box of pecan chocolates, and I got chocolate hearts for everyone in my family. My daughter made us all cards with cute animals and rainbow and butterfly stickers. 

Valentine's day in its present form was "invented" by the Hallmark card company as an occasion for giving cards. It was only later that the candy companies caught on. It was originally just another commemoration of a saint. The Catholic Church commemorates at least one saint every day of the year.

Saint Valentine was, according to legend, a priest during the days of the Roman empire that it was illegal to be Christian. He reputedly performed Christian marriage ceremonies in secret, even at the end from his jail cell, right up to his day of execution. 

I don't see anything evil in celebrating marriage or in defying oppressors.

Edited by notme

1 minute ago, magma said:

I love chocolate!

*gasp* *shocked*

Magma and I have..... something...... in.......common!?!!?!!?!! :shock:

valentine's day should be banned for singles, even intentions to marry doesn't count until you are actually married !!! lol 

but it's day for married couples to renew their love oath and that goes for every other relationship in our lives... !!! i hope that makes sense... !!! 

As long as you are single and don't have halal relationship valentine's day is haram for you, if that involves opposite gender. But there's exception if you are renewing your love oath in any other relationship like mums, sisters, brothers or even friends/colleagues. but usually they have their own days like mother's day or father's day LOL but still you can wish them on this day....  that's how i see it.... 

PS

It meant something to me because of my wife... so wanted to wish her... !! 

Edited by Struggling_onn

1 hour ago, magma said:

I love chocolate!

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

The one that caught his eye!

47 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Currently pigging out on a jar of Nutella. This is the best Valentines ever. 

1 hour ago, starlight said:

*gasp* *shocked*

Magma and I have..... something...... in.......common!?!!?!!?!! :shock:

Haha, you guys crack me up!

Today is for the one who always brings warmth and comfort in my life, to whom I always run at the end of a long hard day, who helps me follow my dreams.Happy Valentine's day my Dear Bed! 

On 14/02/2017 at 0:49 AM, notme said:

I like the day after, when the candies go on sale. 

I gifted my little daughter a bouquet of lolipops and some warm leggings. (It's still winter here.) My toddler son got a red and blue nerf ball. I got my husband a box of pecan chocolates, and I got chocolate hearts for everyone in my family. My daughter made us all cards with cute animals and rainbow and butterfly stickers. 

Valentine's day in its present form was "invented" by the Hallmark card company as an occasion for giving cards. It was only later that the candy companies caught on. It was originally just another commemoration of a saint. The Catholic Church commemorates at least one saint every day of the year.

Saint Valentine was, according to legend, a priest during the days of the Roman empire that it was illegal to be Christian. He reputedly performed Christian marriage ceremonies in secret, even at the end from his jail cell, right up to his day of execution. 

I don't see anything evil in celebrating marriage or in defying oppressors.

A pagan event which is around the world  known as an event where boys and girls get together and commit the most dangerous of sins. Just look at how it is presented in the commercial media.

10 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Just look at how it is presented in the commercial media.

It started as a Christian commemoration, then became a secular gift giving occasion. As for commercial media, I really don't pay any attention to that so I couldn't say. You have far more commercial media expertise than I ever have or ever hope to. 

19 minutes ago, E.L King said:

A pagan event which is around the world  known as an event where boys and girls get together and commit the most dangerous of sins. Just look at how it is presented in the commercial media.

You know married couples do things this holiday too? 

1 hour ago, magma said:

You know married couples do things this holiday too? 

And?

1 hour ago, notme said:

It started as a Christian commemoration, then became a secular gift giving occasion. As for commercial media, I really don't pay any attention to that so I couldn't say. You have far more commercial media expertise than I ever have or ever hope to. 

Well everything nowadays related to Valentine's Day on the "new media" always has something to do with haram intercourse.

4 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Well everything nowadays related to Valentine's Day on the "new media" always has something to do with haram intercourse.

I thought it was just a chance for schoolchildren to share candy with their classmates and take a break from class. What do you think - should I watch TV so I know all this stuff?

I'm also still wondering which legend includes a Roman adulterer, and apparently also is pagan. I always read that saint Valentine's day was a Christian commemoration of an early Christian martyr who refused to stop performing marriages in the pagan Roman empire.

1 hour ago, notme said:

I'm also still wondering which legend includes a Roman adulterer, and apparently also is pagan. I always read that saint Valentine's day was a Christian commemoration of an early Christian martyr who refused to stop performing marriages in the pagan Roman empire.

From Christian websites I read this was a pagan event.