In the Name of God بسم الله

How Does Imam Mahdi (as) Help During His Ghaybah

Rate this topic

ShiaMan14

• Veteran Member

@Fahad Sani has posed the following question/comment about the ability of Imam Mahdi (as) to help us:

I think this is a legitimate question that deserves an answer:

8 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

12th Imam first went into hiding due to fear of being killed. He wasnt interested at all in his job of guiding people. So he left this even in his childhood. Which shia call as minor occultation. And then later a new myth was invented aka major occultation. During his major occultation as per shia theory, kulayni compiled Kafi, but he did not narrate directly neither form 12th Imam nor from his deputies. But he claimed in the introduction of book that he verified his compilation by 12th Imam. To which he said it is enough  for our shia. There are so many black holes in the myth.

Moreover, the one whose job is to guide people, as he is the Imam of our time as per twelver shia doctrine, himself is hidden out of fear since 1000+ years. Then how can he be called as guide. In reality shias are getting guide from narrations of previous Imams esp of 5th and 6th Imams. Who were actually only Imams of their time. And comparison of 12th Imam with Khizr a.s life (which is also a big dispute) in invalid, because it wasnt the job of Khizr a.s to guide people so his occultation even if its true is all ok. 12th Imam is bound to perform his job, otherwise he is nothing but a useless Imam. Today there is shia government of Iran and millions of shia all around, all praying for his coming but still he is hiding himself. This shows how afraid he is.

Blame is not on those who die without having an Imam but on 12th so called Imam. If you analyse all stories associated with this 12th Imam you will find mostly majhool (unknown) narrators in such narrations. Today this job of guiding is handled by marjaas. And shias are selecting and changing marjaas based on their choice. Because there is nothing avaialble from so called 12th Imam to guide people. Shaikh Sadooq wrote a book man la yadharul faqih for those who did not have an access to any faqih. This book is even much much better and a perfect guide than the hidden Imam. Book contains almost everything one need for guidance in worldly life.

Those who believe in him have no benefit. And those who dont believe in him have no loss. Both groups are following their scholars based on authentic narrations from previous Imams and scholars. Ahlul Sunnah is dependent mostly on information which directly came from Prophet s.a.w.w. Almost in every matter there are ahadith from prophet s.a.w.w in ahlul sunnah books. And nothing is hidden. www.sunnah.com

Muhammad Asif Muhsini says in “Mashra`at Bihar al-Anwar”, volume 1 page 408:

الغيبة التي امتدت أكثر من ألف سنة وربما تمتد إلى آلاف أو ملايين السنين. فإن المؤمنين لم ينتفعوا ولا ينتفعون من إمامهم الغائب – عجل الله تعالى فرجه – في الأصول والفروع ، وما يقال بخلاف ذلك فهو تخيل وتوهم ولعب بالعقول

[This Ghaybah that has taken more than a thousand years and maybe it shall keep going for thousands or millions of years. The believers living in it did not and do not benefit from their hidden Imam – may Allah hasten his appearance – in Usool or Furu`, and all else which is said is nothing but illusions and imaginations and playing with people’s minds.]

He said in volume 2 page 223:

ولا يمكن القول بانتفاعنا منه عليه السلام في زمن الغيبة في الأمور الدينية إلا ممن سلب الله عقله

[It is not possible for us to say that we benefit from him peace be upon him in religious matters during his Ghaybah, except those whom Allah has robbed them of intellect.]

"The earth must always have a Hujjah" al-Kafi vol.1

عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ مَنْصُورِ بْنِ يُونُسَ وَ سَعْدَانَ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ عَنْ إِسْحَاقَ بْنِ عَمَّارٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ( عليه السلام ) قَالَ سَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ إِنَّ الْأَرْضَ لَا تَخْلُو إِلَّا وَ فِيهَا إِمَامٌ كَيْمَا إِنْ زَادَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ شَيْئاً رَدَّهُمْ وَ إِنْ نَقَصُوا شَيْئاً أَتَمَّهُ لَهُمْ .

`Ali bin Ibrahim from his father from Muhammad bin abi `Umayr from Mansour bin Yunis and Sa`dan bin Muslim from Ishaq bin `Ammar from abu `Abdillah (as): "The earth does not exist without an Imam in it so that if the believers add anything it is rectified and if they take away anything it is completed for them."

Majlisi said "Hasan Muwaththaq" Behbudi "SAHIH".

Means to preserve the religion is the job of Imam, if the believers add something like an innovation, he removes it, and if they forget some religious ruling, he reminds them. Who is doing this job 12th Imam or believers themselves.

In response shias usually say he is like sun behind the cloud. Invalid comparison. Sun only remain behind the clouds for sometimes. And even in this position sun perform his job, provide much light and warmth etc.

Also 12th shia Imam do not fit in the definition of Imam.

عن عمر بن يزيد، عن أبي الحسن الاول (عليه السلام)، قال: سمعته يقول: ” من مات بغير إمام، مات ميتة جاهلية، امام حي يعرفه ” قلت: لم أسمع اباك يذكر هذا، يعني إماما حيا، فقال: ” قد والله قال ذلك رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله)، قال: وقال رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله): من مات وليس له امام يسمع له ويطيع، مات ميتة جاهلية ».

Abi al-Hassan (as) said: One who dies without a living and known Imam, dies the death of ignorance. The narrator said: I never heard this from your father, I mean the living Imam? He replied: By Allah the Messenger of Allah said this, and said: One who dies without an Imam, who can be heard and obeyed, dies the death of ignorance.

ال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: من مات وليس عليه إمام حي ظاهر مات ميتة جاهلية»

Abu Abdilllah (as) said: One who dies without the living and Zahir (visible . i.e which can be seen) Imam, dies the death of ignorance. 

Source: ( بحارالانوار ج23 ص92 و الاختصاص شیخ مفید صص 268-269 و

Imam Mahdi a.s will be totally different personality than what shia believe about 12th Imam as mahdi. Except few thing. For more  Truth about 12th Imam (myth vs reality).docx

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, Hassan Y said:

It was already proved to him in the other thread with authentic narrations of the prophet saying there would be 12 imams and proof that the 12th imam went to ghayba. Fahad sani just can't accept it.

let's say @Fahad Sani accepts the existence of the Imam Mahdi (as). His question is still valid on how he helps?

For a simpleton such as me, it is a simple enough answer that while Imam Mahdi (as) is hidden from us, we are not hidden from him. As such, he is able to help whenever Allah deems it necessary for him to help. But I am sure this answer would not be sufficient for him.

Another simple and practical answer is that the Imam Mahdi (as) helps in exactly the same manner the other Imams helped their followers who lived in different cities across the world UNLESS Fahad says that the Imams were in multiple places at one time.

In so much as I cant prove Imam helps the marajae, Fahad Sani can't prove that the marajae are not helped by Imam Mahdi either.

On 2/14/2017 at 2:29 AM, Ozzy said:

I'm sure the Mahdi can defer certain areas to the maraji' as even the Prophet  صلى الله عليه وآله allowed certain companions to do the same. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله and the Mahdi's primary concern is the safety of the Islamic nation.

Brother Fahad seems to not understand what exactly it is about that region that the world powers - which certainly aren't Islamic - are trying to get at. Sunni sources say the Mahdi will be present in the Khurasan region which is modern day Iran.
Why is Saudi Arabia always so anti-Iran? Sunni sources also say the armies of Arabia will send out a man-hunt on the Mahdi.
Why is it that the US and KSA are allies against Iran? US have gone ahead and fought everywhere, what (who) are they afraid of in Iran? Why is the US after Iran? and why does the US spend millions on satellite surveillance? looking for someone?

@Fahad Sani... wake up
... This is the time to see prophecies unfold, and witness the truthfulness of our Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله

Job and Task of Imam Mahdi a.s from ahlul sunnah perspective as mentioned in authenitc prophetic ahadith is much different from shia concept of imamate. As per shia belief it is the duty of Imam to guide people of his time and solve their problems etc. Which the current 12th Imam is not doing at all. All the guidance shia have is from previous Imams, mostly from 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Imam, not from 12th Imam. He may be considered as sun behind the clouds, but in reality he is of no use.

There is a big difference between the mahdi as mentioned in Ahlul sunnah books and the 12th Imam as mahdi in twelver shia books. Similarities between the two are less as compared to differences.

Imam Mahdi a.s will be born and raise in madina oe mekka and he will be given bayah as caliph at Kaba. Then he will travel to different places. Ahadith says armies from khorasan will come in his support. And this khorasan is not only limited to present day Iran. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Khorasan

Moreover, Dajjal will also be supported by Iran. His main army and supporters will be from Isfehan, Iran. Likewise some armies from saudi arabia will oppose mahdi like sufyani etc.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Dajjal (the Antichrist) will be followed by seventy thousand Jews of Isfahan (present day Iran) and will be dressed in robes of GREEN COLORED SATIN." [Sahih Muslim, Book 19, hadith 1812]

And the most harsh people towards Dajjal will be from Banu tamim tribe.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani Tamim ever since I heard, three things, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said about them. I heard him saying, These people (of the tribe of Bani Tamim) would stand firm against Ad-Dajjal." When the Sadaqat (gifts of charity) from that tribe came, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "These are the Sadaqat (i.e. charitable gifts) of our folk." `Aisha had a slave-girl from that tribe, and the Prophet (ﷺ) said to `Aisha, "Manumit her as she is a descendant of Ishmael (the Prophet). Sahih al-Bukhari 2543

In prophecies there are booth good and bad aspects fro Iran and Saudi and for other regions.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Fahad Sani said:

Job and Task of Imam Mahdi a.s from ahlul sunnah perspective as mentioned in authenitc prophetic ahadith is much different from shia concept of imamate. As per shia belief it is the duty of Imam to guide people of his time and solve their problems etc. Which the current 12th Imam is not doing at all. All the guidance shia have is from previous Imams, mostly from 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Imam, not from 12th Imam. He may be considered as sun behind the clouds, but in reality he is of no use.

There is a big difference between the mahdi as mentioned in Ahlul sunnah books and the 12th Imam as mahdi in twelver shia books. Similarities between the two are less as compared to differences.

Imam Mahdi a.s will be born and raise in madina oe mekka and he will be given bayah as caliph at Kaba. Then he will travel to different places. Ahadith says armies from khorasan will come in his support. And this khorasan is not only limited to present day Iran. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Khorasan

Moreover, Dajjal will also be supported by Iran. His main army and supporters will be from Isfehan, Iran. Likewise some armies from saudi arabia will oppose mahdi like sufyani etc.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Dajjal (the Antichrist) will be followed by seventy thousand Jews of Isfahan (present day Iran) and will be dressed in robes of GREEN COLORED SATIN." [Sahih Muslim, Book 19, hadith 1812]

And the most harsh people towards Dajjal will be from Banu tamim tribe.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani Tamim ever since I heard, three things, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said about them. I heard him saying, These people (of the tribe of Bani Tamim) would stand firm against Ad-Dajjal." When the Sadaqat (gifts of charity) from that tribe came, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "These are the Sadaqat (i.e. charitable gifts) of our folk." `Aisha had a slave-girl from that tribe, and the Prophet (ﷺ) said to `Aisha, "Manumit her as she is a descendant of Ishmael (the Prophet). Sahih al-Bukhari 2543

In prophecies there are booth good and bad aspects fro Iran and Saudi and for other regions.

Ah right. Back to the discussion that most of ISIS is Bani Tamim and they will be harshest against Dajjal and Jews from Iran. I am just curious why ISIS and Banu Tamim are not harsh against the Jews of Israel, perhaps because they are raised by them.