Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

SalamAlaykum Everyone. I hope are all well and blessed. 

I do apologize if this topic has been brought many times on SC. I tried searching to a Discussion board about it but I failed. 

My question to everybody is. 

In the Ayat 33:33 we read 

Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 33:
وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلَا تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ الْأُولَىٰ وَأَقِمْنَ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتِينَ الزَّكَاةَ وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا

'... Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.'
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

Here we can clearly see that ALLAH Desires to keep away ANY SORT OF uncleanness from the AhlulBayt. 

But the last sentence it mentions to Purify you a Thorough Purification. 

Why were the AhlulBayt purified and were they unclean before (of course they were not unclean) but I'm asking this because

Why is there a NEED TO PURIFY when you are ALREADY PURE. 

Please someone explain it to me as Ive asked this Question a while ago but I didn't get a logical reply. 

May Allah bless you all

51 minutes ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

SalamAlaykum Everyone. I hope are all well and blessed. 

I do apologize if this topic has been brought many times on SC. I tried searching to a Discussion board about it but I failed. 

My question to everybody is. 

In the Ayat 33:33 we read 

Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 33:
وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلَا تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ الْأُولَىٰ وَأَقِمْنَ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتِينَ الزَّكَاةَ وَأَطِعْنَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا

'... Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.'
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

Here we can clearly see that ALLAH Desires to keep away ANY SORT OF uncleanness from the AhlulBayt. 

But the last sentence it mentions to Purify you a Thorough Purification. 

Why were the AhlulBayt purified and were they unclean before (of course they were not unclean) but I'm asking this because

Why is there a NEED TO PURIFY when you are ALREADY PURE. 

Please someone explain it to me as Ive asked this Question a while ago but I didn't get a logical reply. 

May Allah bless you all

Purity is a continous activity that cannot be abandoned at any time or nano second of second. They were always pure but their purity depends on Allah  and it is both admitting a fact and a promise that you will remain like this forever. Stating a fact is not a thing which may be absent before. Allah always hate evil and it did not mean that He hated after he expressed His hate. 

Edited by Sindbad05

• Advanced Member

the scholars have said that there are two kinds of 'Will of God' one which is for Ahkaam and issues like that, that AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì wants to change and send them whenever needed which is called Irada Al-Tashri'i, and the other is that kind of 'Will' which is eternal,Irada Al-Takwini, the eternal Will means Allah always wanted that, and since whatever He wills it will be done, so when AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì created the Prophet(saw) and his Household he purified them and took away every impurity from them. and that was even before AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì has created Adam(a.s), otherwise it would mean that the Prophet(saw) was not infallible prior to this verse.

about Irada(Will) of Allah there are books that have been written, it is a very complicated issue though.

this being said that this verse is not the only verse that proves the infallibility of the Prophet(saw) and Ahlulbayt(saw), there are more verses that prove the infallibility of the Prophet(saw) and his successors, like the Sura Al-Waqi'a[56:79]. this verse says: "do not touch it(i.e. Qur'an) except the pure ones." note that there should have been those 'pure ones' that AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì pointed to them, otherwise it doesn't make any sense. btw touching in this verse is not the physical touch, as it is clear that every impure person can touch it physically, the meaning of touching here is touching of the true meanings of Qur'an and the narrations of Ahlulbayt(a.s) state it clearly.

other verse is [2:124] when Ibraheem(a.s) asked Imamat for his children but AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì said that it would not be given to the unjust, since every sin is unjust, so the Imamat is only given to infallibles.

and verse [4:59], [9:119] and so on.

Edited by Chewing Gum

• Basic Members

We can go back to the tafsir of this verse:

"Verily Allah intends to keep off from you uncleanness, O you Ahl ul Bayt and purify you with a thorough purification" is a separate verse revealed on a particular occasion but placed here. Please refer to Aqa Mahdi Puya's note in the commentary of verses 28 to 32.

Going to the commentary of the verses 28-32:

The only youthful marriage of the Holy Prophet was his first marriage to Khadija, mother of Fatimah, the noblest of women and the best of wives. He married her fifteen years before he made known his prophetship; their marriage life lasted for twenty five years, and their love and harmony was ideal. During her life he had no other wife. When she died the Holy Prophet observed "the year of grief". He would probably never have married again, as he was most abstemious in his physical life, but for two considerations which governed his later marriages-(i) compassion and clemency; (ii) help in his duties of prophetship.

Some of his wives were gentle and faithful; some were envious and avaricious, whom the Holy Prophet, as commanded by Allah in this verse, offered to set free in a goodly manner.

After hearing the Holy Prophet's declaration Ummi Salima stood up and said: "I have chosen Allah and His Prophet". Then verse 29 was revealed. It refers to those wives who did not covet for worldly gains but rejoiced in the honour they had as the wives of the Holy Prophet. For such wives there is a great reward from Allah in the hereafter. Most of the commentators say that this verse was revealed because of the persistent demand of his wives for a high standard of living which was beyond the means of the Holy Prophet. According to Irshadus Sari Sharh Sahih Bukhari, volume 7; page 314, the following wives of the Holy Prophet were divided in two groups, one of which including Hafsa, Sawda, Safiya, was dominated by A-isha.

(l) A-isha daughter of Abu Bakr.

From my understanding what we can conclude from this is that Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì requests that the Holy Prophet (saw) to "release" those wives who's intentions are unclean to keep him and his Ahlul Bayt in constant purification. Hopefully this makes sense and if anyone can further expand on this it would be great. 

• Advanced Member

In my undestanding this rigis in this ayat is not about the normal purification degree. Do not undestand quran according to your understanding

48:2

That Allah may forgive for you what preceded of your sin and what will follow and complete His favor upon you and guide you to a straight path

Now what you say ? Nawooz billah prophet commit sin ?

I think you get the idea that things are not easy.

Do not go on only zahir of quran. Every thing has its logic in quran but we can not understand it easily. 

Why prophet do astaghfar 70 times daily ? ? Although he is maaoom and at highest position after God ? 

Research and you will get answers

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Nobody is Purest but Allah. Purity belongs to Him alone. That is the real Purity. And Purity is really an infinite goal. And everybody is travelling to reach that ' Quduus' attribute of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. 

Ahlulbayt(a.s) were there before anything was created but them. They were closest to God!

So they have always been pure. But their purity is less then that of God. But we can't comment on that since we ourselves don't have any knowledge of what Purity means when it is said in Divine Terms.

Their Purity is beyond and doubt.

And they were always pure but to tell some people who were showing animosity towards them and to make the fact evident Allah sent this verse. This verse is one of the strongest verse which confirms the "Infallibility of Ahlulbayt". And an Infallible individual is Sinless n its entire existence!