Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sidnaq

Do you know what this is?

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

iran.png

Some people think President Trump will sign an executive order (something like this) in order to ban Iranians from the US. 

https://www.niacaction.org/what-does-trumps-ban-on-iranians-and-muslims-mean-for-you/

2 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Some people think President Trump will sign an executive order (something like this) in order to ban Iranians from the US. 

https://www.niacaction.org/what-does-trumps-ban-on-iranians-and-muslims-mean-for-you/

I've heard about Iranians being refused a visa for the next 30 days or something, I didn't know about PRs being affected, but I was in Iran a month ago, I came back to America as a non-American/non-Iranian (I have an American visa) and they did detain me for a while for about two hours, but didn't really ask me much other than my travel history. I suppose it was just to frustrate me. 

40 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I was in Iran a month ago, I came back to America as a non-American/non-Iranian (I have an American visa) and they did detain me for a while for about two hours, but didn't really ask me much other than my travel history. I suppose it was just to frustrate me. 

I am an American citizen by birth (my husband is Iranian) and when we went to Iran in 2008 to attend a wedding, when we came back and landed in New York, I was afraid that my husband (permanent resident) would be detained or jailed. I was thinking who would I call and what would I do. Alhamdulillah, a security guard told the other guard (who wanted to detain us) that he remembered us from 10 days ago and said we were okay, to less us pass. We went again in 2011 (funeral) and had no problem. 

It's not just Iran btw, it's Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Sudan as well. Funny how Saudi Arabia and the gulf states always get a free pass even though they fund ISIS/Al Qaeda, but according to Trump, he seems to think ISIS happened because they "didn't take the oil from Iraq".

What about current visa holders inside the United States, for example students, workers, and spouses? Will they be required to leave? If they travel home will they be denied reentry? 

10 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Could somebody knowedgable here tell me what this is? i found it on twitter.What is this in regards to? is this something thats happening now? by the way the people who know what this actually please really answer.

iran.png

President Trump plans to announce at least a temporary ban on refugees and immigrants from a handful of Muslim-majority countries plagued by Islamic terrorism.

Trump argued on the campaign trail that the US had no way of knowing whether refugees from war-torn countries such as Syria could be disguised terrorists.

Trump also wants to suspend issuing visas for people from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen for at least 30 days, according to the draft.

All are predominantly Muslim countries. The specifics could change, sources told the AP.

There is likely to be an exception for refugees fleeing religious persecution if their religion is a minority in their country, including Christians trying to get out of Muslim-majority countries where their communities have come under attack.

The bans would stay in place at least until specifics of what Trump has called “extreme vetting” can be worked out.

~NYPost~

3 hours ago, notme said:

What about current visa holders inside the United States, for example students, workers, and spouses? Will they be required to leave? If they travel home will they be denied reentry? 

As far I understand if you are in the US with a valid visa you'll prob be monitored and perhaps questioned but your visa won't be cancelled (renewed is a different story).

However, if they do leave the country (even if its to Canada) then they might (and probably will) have issues at reentry. Depending on the situation they may be denied entry.

Immigrants (and Citizens for that matter, because this policy is based on religion) need to reevaluate their travel plans from this point forward. Its not going to get easier, there's more directives and policies coming which will make it even harder.

28 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

ban on refugees and immigrants from a handful of Muslim-majority countries plagued by Islamic terrorism.

It's not based on Terrorism. If that was the case then Saudi would be on the list. It's a quasi racist and quasi self serving policy because he didn't ban any countries that Trump has business interests in. He only banned the countries that he doesn't have business conducted in.

If Trump had $$$ invested in Iran then it wouldn't have been on the Visa ban list.

IMG_4846.JPG

4 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Well Pakistan is not in the list. 

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.

Maybe some his business interests in India are connected to Pakistan? There has to be a reason with him not adding Pakistan to the list.

4 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Well Pakistan is not in the list. 

3 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Maybe some his business interests in India are connected to Pakistan? There has to be a reason with him not adding Pakistan to the list.

Pakistan is not on the list because Nawaz Sharif and The Donald are BFF now.

4 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

ABC News correspondent asked the US president, “Let me ask you about some of the countries that won’t be on the list, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia. Why are we going to allow people to come into this country…” To this, Trump answered, “You’re going to see — you’re going to see. We’re going to have extreme vetting in all cases. And I mean extreme. And we’re not letting people in if we think there’s even a little chance of some problem.”

Trump says restricted entry for Muslims necessary as world is ‘a total mess’

” We are excluding certain countries. But for other countries we’re gonna have extreme vetting. It’s going to be very hard to come in. Right now it’s very easy to come in. It’s gonna be very, very hard. I don’t want terror in this country. You look at what happened in San Bernardino. You look at what happened all over. You look at what happened in the World Trade Center. Okay, I mean, take that as an example,” he added.

Trump said his plan to limit the entry of people from several Muslim countries was necessary because the world is “a total mess”. He denied that it was a ban on Muslims. “No it’s not the Muslim ban, but it’s countries that have tremendous terror,” Trump said.

Trump immigration and Pakistanis

“And it’s countries that people are going to come in and cause us tremendous problems. Our country has enough problems without allowing people to come in, who in many cases or in some cases, are looking to do tremendous destruction.”

Trump refused to be pinned down on which countries he was talking about, but did say that he believed that Europe “made a tremendous mistake by allowing these millions of people to go into Germany and various other countries, and all you have to do is take a look, it’s a disaster what’s happening over there.