Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Surah Kafiroon

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Bismillah

I wanna say about two mubarek ayets from this short surah, 3rd and 6th.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ Say: O, you, kafiroon (ones who're rejecting)

لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ I'm not in a state of slavery to what you're slaves

وَلَا أَنْتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ And you're not slaves to Whom I'm a slave

وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَا عَبَدْتُمْ And I'm not a slave to what you're slaves

وَلَا أَنْتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ And you're not slaves to Whom I'm a slave

If we're reading these ayets it would be expected that 3rd ayet to be "And you're not in a state of slavery to Whom I'm a slave". The Qur'an is extraordinary, Allah's Qawl.

We all are in state of slavery to Him, but ones who're satisfied with that and they're in that state with their own will, only they're slaves ('abidoon). This is why it wasn't said "you're not in a state of slavery", because we all are in that state and this is why 3rd and 5th ayet are indentical.

Last ayet of this surah is لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ. This is mostly rendered as "To you is your deen and to me is my deen". But, this is not what is said in this ayet.

"My deen" (دِينِي) has "yay" at the end and it was used in two ayets:

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ فِي شَكٍّ مِنْ دِينِي فَلَا أَعْبُدُ الَّذِينَ تَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلَٰكِنْ أَعْبُدُ اللَّهَ الَّذِي يَتَوَفَّاكُمْ ۖ وَأُمِرْتُ أَنْ أَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

Say: "O, humans, if you're in doubt of my deen, for I'm not a slave to what you're in a state of slavery, skipping Allah, but I'm in a state of slavery to Allah, Who will take you. And it was ordered tome to be of mu'minoon. (10:104)

قُلِ اللَّهَ أَعْبُدُ مُخْلِصًا لَهُ دِينِي

Say: "I'm in a state of slavery to Allah, sincere to Him is my deen." (37:14)

In both cases we can see that it's about being a slave to Allah swt Only. But, what was said in last ayet of surah Kafiroon?

I was thinking a lot about it, because I couldn't understand why there is no "yay" if it means "my deen" as in two ayets I quoted.

Then, I saw that 1st person singular object with verbs is used with "kesrah only", without "yay", as in 5:44 word اخْشَوْنِ (fear Me). There's word آيَاتِي in same ayet and this word has "yay" at the end and means "My ayets".

After that I recognized some nouns with only "kesrah" without "yay" at the end, as for example word مَتَابِ in 13:30, which is rendered as "my return", which can't be, because we're not chosing to return. This means "return for me" and the end of this ayet means "And to Him is return for me."

Similarly, the last ayet of surah Kafiroon means: "For your is your deen and for me is deen which is for me".

What's the difference and why is this important?

"My deen", as in two quoted ayets, is what we're doing and what we have chosen. If we understand same in last ayet of surah Kafiroon it could mean that Muhammed Mustafa sawa chosen (something in) deen. He wasn't, but he recognized deen which is (suitable) for him sawa and he sawa followed it.

The importance of this ayet is in that we can't add and we can't change anything in Allah's swt deen. Otherwise,it would be something else, not His deen. We can only accept it "as it is" or we can reject it (as kafiroon) and accept some other deen, as they did. People followed scholars for centuries in what they brought and presented as His deen (done bid'at) or they presented something similar to His deen as His deen.

Their case is as the case of the leader of Ibrahim's a.s. people - they're kafiroon, and the state of the people who're following them is as the state of Ibrahim's a.s. people - they're mushrikoon. May Allah swt protects us all.

Indeed, Allah's deen is explained in millet of Ibrahim a.s. hanifa.

Allah swt knows best

Edited by Aladin from Azra tribe
  • Advanced Member

Thank you, sakura, I already know for this translation.

@gajarkahalva sorry, it is not "my deen", because "my deen" is what I already quoted in two ayets. This is something else. And this is not the only noun with this usage/meaning. Also, verbs were used w/o "yay" when it's about object pronoun.

Allah swt knows best.