Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jafar moh

Need some information about Israel!!

Rate this topic

I made a previous topic on the issue of Syria and this one is also another one I need help understanding...

There is a church I have been attending for the past couple of months (for my own understanding and learning) and it has been a great experience, however last Sunday there was a sermon about the conflict of Israel...

To put it plainly, this church is heavily pro-Israel and I want to know why. The sermon was really more of a congregational prayer because apparently Israel is having alot of conflicts with many other powers about settlement constructions and something along those lines and they were praying that Israel makes it through and does not get destroyed by the enemies.

Also to note, in Christian theology Israel is an extremely holy land (as far as I know) and they revere it through thick and thin; they even hang an Israeli flag right across of the Canadian one

My questions are:

1.) What are they doing and is it wrong? I am assuming this subject can be too wordy so a brief explanation will go a long way, thanks!

2.) Is it right to mix in their political affiliations in their sermons? If no, how can I help one understand that politics is best stayed away from these types of congregations?

Israel is very much in the wrong, and have been so since their creation, true torah jews such as neturei karta oppose the occupation of Palestine. It seems as though the church ur attending, sides with the latter, unfortuantly as do many these days. Christian Zionists that is. American politicians, media and financial system are under the influence of Zionist lobbies who throw their weight behind Israeli crimes against Palestinians, like these settlements for example. The Zionist lobby exerts full control over all key sectors in the United States from the political process to Hollywood, media, like CNN's pro settlement view, and the financial structure. Half of the funding for the US election campaign, came from the Zionists who bribe their way through the American political process so as to prevent the adoption of practical measures against Israel. The Zionist lobby prevents the US from enforcing anti-settlement policies by threatening to cut off all financial aid, SOME US officials, like Obama, may have expressed their opposition to Israeli settlements in words, but they have never really committed themselves to putting an end to Israel’s expansionism and working out a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. In practice, the White House has been supporting the Tel Aviv regime for decades. Israel has been able to continue to ethnically cleanse Palestine and build settlements in blatant disregard for the unanimous international point of view, hinting that it became possible due to Washington’s all-out support. President Trump has been in office for 2 days now and you've seen his support for Israeli settlement activities, because the president himself and his team have been backed by the Zionist lobby all along. Look at his cabinet. Israelis even intend to destroy al-Aqsa Mosque, one of the holiest monuments in the Islamic world, and turn East Jerusalem al-Quds into their so-called capital.The globe is facing the possibility of World War III because of the seizure of power by a group of extremists.

Too many shia here are politically lacking. Being shia is as much a political thought as it is a religious thought. It is about following the truth. I will not answer your question because it is literally the most debated and talked about issue in the world. And for a shia, it should be common knowledge. I will go as far to say that a person who supports Israel is like saying a shia who supported Yazid.

A very simplistic and logical argument for all Christians who support Jews is.... "Jews do not believe in your Christ and claim Mary a.s was an fornicator." 

But logic does not prevail with alot of people and you will hit stone walls. So say what you have to say and stop going there. 

Edited by kirtc

6 hours ago, Jafar moh said:

I made a previous topic on the issue of Syria and this one is also another one I need help understanding...

There is a church I have been attending for the past couple of months (for my own understanding and learning) and it has been a great experience, however last Sunday there was a sermon about the conflict of Israel...

To put it plainly, this church is heavily pro-Israel and I want to know why. The sermon was really more of a congregational prayer because apparently Israel is having alot of conflicts with many other powers about settlement constructions and something along those lines and they were praying that Israel makes it through and does not get destroyed by the enemies.

Also to note, in Christian theology Israel is an extremely holy land (as far as I know) and they revere it through thick and thin; they even hang an Israeli flag right across of the Canadian one

My questions are:

1.) What are they doing and is it wrong? I am assuming this subject can be too wordy so a brief explanation will go a long way, thanks!

2.) Is it right to mix in their political affiliations in their sermons? If no, how can I help one understand that politics is best stayed away from these types of congregations?

Your church shouldnt mix political agenda with the message of Christ.  I would find a new church. Israel has been considered the land of Gods chosen people, but even in scripture, the people of Israel are human and had sinned just as everyone else.

In a church, Christs message and Gods word takes precedence over political quarrels of Man. But of course, people will give their opinions. 

Edited by iCambrian

9 hours ago, kirtc said:

Too many shia here are politically lacking. Being shia is as much a political thought as it is a religious thought. It is about following the truth. I will not answer your question because it is literally the most debated and talked about issue in the world. And for a shia, it should be common knowledge. I will go as far to say that a person who supports Israel is like saying a shia who supported Yazid.

A very simplistic and logical argument for all Christians who support Jews is.... "Jews do not believe in your Christ and claim Mary a.s was an fornicator." 

But logic does not prevail with alot of people and you will hit stone walls. So say what you have to say and stop going there. 

dang... I guess you got a point though. Unfortunately I don't have the time to look into this as much as I would like to so I didn't think it would hurt to pose it as a question on these forums, but I guess a quick google search won't hurt either

1 hour ago, Jafar moh said:

dang... I guess you got a point though. Unfortunately I don't have the time to look into this as much as I would like to so I didn't think it would hurt to pose it as a question on these forums, but I guess a quick google search won't hurt either

Careful with that, there quite a bit of misinformation online.... you could click on the wrong link and take the information as factual. 

Hello,

I just returned from Israel.  I can tell you that they seem to be doing very well. 

I think Christian groups feel an affinity toward Israel because of historical sites pertaining to the origins of Christianity are located there and Israel's modern Western leaning values.

Also, I think most realize Muslims can not be given control of Jerusalem.  I traveled all over Israel and the only restrictions I encountered were while trying visit Islamic holy sites.  I think Muslims would try to turn Jerusalem into another Mecca if they had control.

Just my 2 cents.

All the Best,

David

16 minutes ago, David66 said:

Also, I think most realize Muslims can not be given control of Jerusalem.

There's a reason your like isn't saying the same of Beirut today.

You keep believing that if it helps you sleep at night.

1 hour ago, David66 said:

Hello,

I just returned from Israel.  I can tell you that they seem to be doing very well. 

I think Christian groups feel an affinity toward Israel because of historical sites pertaining to the origins of Christianity are located there and Israel's modern Western leaning values.

Also, I think most realize Muslims can not be given control of Jerusalem.  I traveled all over Israel and the only restrictions I encountered were while trying visit Islamic holy sites.  I think Muslims would try to turn Jerusalem into another Mecca if they had control.

Just my 2 cents.

All the Best,

David

I disagree, David. Occupied Palestine is headed in a very dangerous path. There will be serious repercussions if they continue with their settlements, let alone attempting to seize Jerusalem to set their capital.

Fortunately, the illegal state should be gone by 2040, most likely even earlier God willing, and it shall return to its original state. Far too many people are waking up and realizing what the Zionists have done/ plan on doing, anyone who uses logic and reason, realizes this. 

Unfortuantly, however, the events that lead up to its dismantlement wont be pretty, and I imagine a worldwide conflict. They may try and drag the U.S into this, other countries inevitably wil get involved and so on....  

Bazzi,