Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Donald J. Trump [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

Short-term problems for long-term gain.

I don't see it that way. Do you really think a Clinton presidency would be so great? The problem isn't so much a Trump presidency as the empowerment of the Trump constituency. This will just add fuel to their fire. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly redacted. Of course.  

à la YouTube comment mode  "Like if you're reading this in 2019"

This photo should become a classic over time:

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

The only reason you see them defending minorities is because those minorities now include homosexuals and whatnot. If it had been just muslims that he spoke against, I doubt those same people would be protesting. 

You're wrong. Maybe in some cases but certainly not all. Many speaking out are Muslims themselves.

bottom line, everyone wants to talk about how Americans don't like Muslims, then as soon as you get American supporters of Muslims speaking out, they're called sheep. 

You can't have it both ways, there are non Muslims out here who do in fact care about the rights of everyone, including you, regardless of faith. As a matter of fact, despite how things appear, you will find a number of republicans who stand for the same. 

Because at the end of the day, the country was founded on principals regarding freedom of religion and everyone dislikes nazis. 

Hence why trump is suddenly silent on the whole Muslim ban now.

Edited by iCambrian
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, iCambrian said:

Hence why trump is suddenly silent on the whole Muslim ban now.

Apparently the ban on Muslim press release is back on Trump's website. Someone obviously thought he shouldn't back down from his campaign statements so quickly.

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, Marbles said:

Apparently the ban on Muslim press release is back on Trump's website. Someone obviously thought he shouldn't back down from his campaign statements so quickly.

Apart from this one (drain the swamp), naturally:

Donald Trump, who campaigned on a promise to “drain the swamp” in Washington, has engaged a bevy of lobbyists to assist with his transition, many helping to assemble departments of government of direct interest to clients they represent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-transition-team-members-presidential-advisors-washington-swamp-a7412226.html

• Moderators

Came across this article. It includes really foul language but if you can get past that, it might give you some valuable perspective.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

I can relate to the author. 

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, alHussein said:

I thought the electoral college voted on the same day? My, my. This is obviously a fantasy but if it actually happens, it would be the most fun and most cruel twist of fate ever.

• Veteran Member
On 11/11/2016 at 5:29 PM, notme said:

I don't see it that way. Do you really think a Clinton presidency would be so great? The problem isn't so much a Trump presidency as the empowerment of the Trump constituency. This will just add fuel to their fire. 

It's not really about Clinton. 

It is more to do with the fact that the most powerful person in the World and the Leader of the Free World CANT be someone who is racist, bigoted all round 'bad' guy.

It's the principle of it.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

I thought the electoral college voted on the same day? My, my. This is obviously a fantasy but if it actually happens, it would be the most fun and most cruel twist of fate ever.

Dec 19 and then the results are mailed and confirmed in Washington in January.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

It is more to do with the fact that the most powerful person in the World and the Leader of the Free World CANT be someone who is racist, bigoted all round 'bad' guy.

I hate that this is what we've ended up with, but I really think the way forward now is to make it clear that we will not tolerate his hatred. Once the concession has been done, changing the results is likely to result in a revolution.

• Forum Administrators
5 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

I think cackling and laughing at the death of a national leader, let alone a human being, would be more grounds for disqualification. How's that for a principle?

• Veteran Member

It’s a vague but at the same time clear situation.

It’s vague, because we don’t know we should be really worried about the future or hopeful about the probable positive changes or both.

It’s vague, because it’s not clear whether Trump, a multibillionaire businessman, is a representative of callous rich people who has sucked people's blood, or he is a leader of movement and a hope for poor people. Or, whether he is a warmonger, or a detractor of warmongering policy of the US government in the past

It’s vague, because you don’t know if you can blame those 60 millions people who voted for Trump, since you don't know if they voted for him for him or they voted for him for blocking the way for this Sheitani beldam, Hillary Clinton, becoming president. And, you don’t if you can blame those 60 millions of people who voted for Hillary Clinton, since you don't know if they have voted for her for her, or they voted for her for blocking the way for an openly morally corrupt and potentially dangerous person, Trump, becoming president.

It’s vague, because it’s not clear why these people are protesting. Are they protesting against lack of proper freedom to have proper choices for presidency? Are they protesting against the Electoral College system? Are they taking advantage of the situation to protest against capitalism and tyranny of the US regime? Are they fans of Hillary Clinton who are weak to acknowledge the defeat? Or they are a collection of them?

It’s vague because none of us knows what is really happening behind the scenes. Are even these elections for real?

But at the same time it’s a very simple and clear situation.

Long story short, it’s the same old three groups of people; a minority of Arrogant individuals who are still in power, a majority of goalless and leaderless Ignorant individuals who are formed like Play-Doh by different individuals and different events, and a small minority of powerless, inactive and separated Vigilant individuals who are ignored.

Anyways, we pray that this situation may bring about positive changes, insha’Allah.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, magma said:

I think cackling and laughing at the death of a national leader, let alone a human being, would be more grounds for disqualification. How's that for a principle?

Refering to Qadafi or Saddam? 

I will admit, I was glad when they hanged Saddam.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, notme said:

I hate that this is what we've ended up with, but I really think the way forward now is to make it clear that we will not tolerate his hatred. Once the concession has been done, changing the results is likely to result in a revolution.

Yeah, the petition won't work and the electoral college will follow their state rules. But this is a start to let him know that rampant abuse won't be tolerated.

Biggest problem is all the closet bigots and racists are coming out of the closet. Even cousin's BFF in Minneapolis was harassed on the bus on Wed. Trump has empowered and emboldened them.

• Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, magma said:

She is no saint that's for sure. One could argue the entire US Foreign Policy is evil but what's to say Trump won't be worse. 

I can't think of a time when the Republicans were in power and we weren't at war or supporting a war. 

• Veteran Member

This is the problem with Trump:

Director of the Clay County Development Corporation Pamela Taylor said "It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady in the White House. I'm tired of seeing an ape in heels."

Clay Mayor Beverly Whaling responded to the post saying, "Just made my day Pam."

I guess inner thoughts are becoming mainstream now.

Since Trump's election, there have been 200+ incidents of hate-crimes more than the whole year combined.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Director of the Clay County Development Corporation Pamela Taylor said "It will be refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady in the White House. I'm tired of seeing an ape in heels."

Clay Mayor Beverly Whaling responded to the post saying, "Just made my day Pam."

This is coming from a part of the country that has less than 5% of the population black and almost no immigrants, one of the highest unemployment rates if not the highest, and the highest drug addiction rate in the nation. Ignorance is to be expected, and it wouldn't have surprised me no matter who was elected president. 

The cure for ignorance isn't to insult them. It is to show them the truth. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

The municipal official who made the comment was fired and the mayor who responded resigned. The outcry from the rest of the state, at least the West Virginians that I know, has been one of disgust, embarrassment, and outrage. 

• Veteran Member
21 hours ago, notme said:

The municipal official who made the comment was fired and the mayor who responded resigned. The outcry from the rest of the state, at least the West Virginians that I know, has been one of disgust, embarrassment, and outrage. 

Agreed.

My concern is the empowered these bigots feel with the election of Trump. Very damaging and with the selection of Bannon, they will feel even more empowered.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Agreed.

My concern is the empowered these bigots feel with the election of Trump. Very damaging and with the selection of Bannon, they will feel even more empowered.

That's my biggest worry too. The laws are the laws, the president doesn't have that much power. But people with little regard for other humans also tend to have little regard for laws, and angry embittered ignorant people have been stirred up by the divisive media. 

• Veteran Member
28 minutes ago, notme said:

That's my biggest worry too. The laws are the laws, the president doesn't have that much power. But people with little regard for other humans also tend to have little regard for laws, and angry embittered ignorant people have been stirred up by the divisive media. 

I think I posted this elsewhere on SC as well. THis is how bad it has gotten.

My nephew (wife's sister's son) is 10. They live in a fairly affluent neighborhood in Houston, TX. 3-4 weeks before the election, a girl from his class was telling all the students to not sit with him since he is a Muslims and DT said "All Muslims are bad". So of course, they started arguing, teachers got invovled, parents were called in, etc.

They are 10!

• Development Team
2 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

a girl from his class was telling all the students to not sit with him since he is a Muslims and DT said "All Muslims are bad".

Sounds like somebody has been watching too much television and needs some serious discipline. 

and only ten years old...

• Veteran Member

OpEd: From the broadcast media l've seen, l was wondering yesterday, Wednesday the 16th, if the media objective is to portray everything the next Administration does as another "Trump Fails" expose'.

Which of course is more than slanted news, but journalistic fraud.

Wednesday, The New York Times and tens of other media publications were alleging nepotism within the Trump Family while they knew that Federal Law prohibits any Trump family member from being anywhere in the gov't. A law enacted after Boobby Kenedy was JFK's Attorney General.

• Veteran Member
On 11/15/2016 at 4:38 PM, shiaman14 said:

I guess inner thoughts are becoming mainstream now.

Since Trump's election, there have been 200+ incidents of hate-crimes more than the whole year combined.

Bill Maher said Trump was son of a orangutang from the Brooklyn zoo....and liberal folks (in the millions) laughed.  

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

OpEd: From the broadcast media l've seen, l was wondering yesterday, Wednesday the 16th, if the media objective is to portray everything the next Administration does as another "Trump Fails" expose'.

Which of course is more than slanted news, but journalistic fraud.

Wednesday, The New York Times and tens of other media publications were alleging nepotism within the Trump Family while they knew that Federal Law prohibits any Trump family member from being anywhere in the gov't. A law enacted after Boobby Kenedy was JFK's Attorney General.

I'm not sure which articles you're referring to but the media is presently criticising his decision to allow him business to be run in a blind trust run by his children - and they have good reason to. While this is obviously a matter of trust and determining exactly where legal boundaries lie but it does make sense to argue that a truly blind trust would not be run by someone who you not only see and talk to everyday but are also related to by blood. The Clintons, for example, decided that if Hillary won, their foundation would be run by someone else, not Chelsea but someone else, which is the far less convoluted option.

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

I'm not sure which articles you're referring to but the media is presently criticising his decision to allow him business to be run in a blind trust run by his children - and they have good reason to. While this is obviously a matter of trust and determining exactly where legal boundaries lie but it does make sense to argue that a truly blind trust would not be run by someone who you not only see and talk to everyday but are also related to by blood. The Clintons, for example, decided that if Hillary won, their foundation would be run by someone else, not Chelsea but someone else, which is the far less convoluted option.

A radio guest yesterday said this is a conundrum for Trump. He has 500+ companies and l think he said in 27 countries.

His children can run this stuff. He can still have a say if the company is his own or with a partnership structure. So Trump needs a battery of full time ethics lawyers while he is in the White House.

• Moderators

A non-Muslim friend posted this on Facebook. I have his permission to share. Clearly there are enough people who will resist the hate. We just have to set aside our disagreements and work together. We absolutely do not have to let him make us cower in fear! Remember, as president he will be our employee. He is answerable to the American people, not us to him.

If my employee doesn't do his job right, I'm prepared to take steps to ensure that he's fired. Don't you agree?

Here's something that a lot of us already knew, that maybe a some Americans are just finding out:

The bullies always hated the theatre kids. And the band kids and the choir kids and the art kids and the dance kids. And the science nerds and the chess club and the U.N. club and almost every other group like that in the school.

The bullies hated them because they were challenged. Here were others kids -- kids weaker than them -- standing up and doing the thing they wanted. Here were kids who took the weaker kids in, the "freaks" and weirdos, the queers and geeks and fatsos and everything else. They took them in and said, "Who you are is powerful. Don't change."

Donald Trump is Biff Tannen. He is a bully of the highest power. But like with all bullies, his power evaporates when people stand up to him. That's what we're seeing with Trump's Twitter meltdowns.

Of course, now he's got all the other bullies, too: the Congress, the police, and every ignorant redneck in this country. Standing up isn't easy. But that's the only thing that makes a bully stand down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

SeattleTimes.com said Trump's stubborn refusal to release his tax returns "muddies the water." 

"In taking a protocol-breaching call from the Taiwanese president, Trump spotlights his business interest in a hotel project on the island. Was taking that telephone call in the best interests of the U.S., or his businesses?"

"In a congratulatory call from the Argentine president, Trump was reported to have brought up permits for a long-delayed project in Buenos Aires."

Trump must put assets in blind trust

• Advanced Member

I don't know but I feel like if there is one good thing that might come out of this presidency is that America's credibility on a global scale will me massively undermined, and maybe this empire will finally end once and for all. I mean if you look at the ME, its pretty clear now that Russia and China are possibly becoming huge players. I mean Trump has no idea on foreign policy, he doesn't know what to do with the Iran deal, he wants to cooperate with Russia but his cabinet is full of Russian haters, he wants to antagonise China by labelling it a currency manipulator, and doing other things to piss them off. He is skeptical of NATO, but moving away from NATO will possibly antagonise the Europeans as well. Not to mention with the Iran deal specifically, I feel like EU countries/China/Russia have had enough of Israel's rhetoric on Iran and they would appreciate American sanctions being lifted so they can trade and have stronger economic ties with them, so the more Trump tries to undermine the Iran deal or attempt to change it, its likely the more isolated America will continue to become. I mean China has pretty much already come out in criticism of those who will abandon the deal. 

• Veteran Member

Hello,

41 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I don't know but I feel like if there is one good thing that might come out of this presidency is that America's credibility on a global scale will me massively undermined, and maybe this empire will finally end once and for all. I mean if you look at the ME, its pretty clear now that Russia and China are possibly becoming huge players. I mean Trump has no idea on foreign policy, he doesn't know what to do with the Iran deal, he wants to cooperate with Russia but his cabinet is full of Russian haters, he wants to antagonise China by labelling it a currency manipulator, and doing other things to piss them off. He is skeptical of NATO, but moving away from NATO will possibly antagonise the Europeans as well. Not to mention with the Iran deal specifically, I feel like EU countries/China/Russia have had enough of Israel's rhetoric on Iran and they would appreciate American sanctions being lifted so they can trade and have stronger economic ties with them, so the more Trump tries to undermine the Iran deal or attempt to change it, its likely the more isolated America will continue to become. I mean China has pretty much already come out in criticism of those who will abandon the deal. 

It is not rhetoric.

'Israel must be wiped out': Iran launches two missiles with threat written on them in Hebrew as the country ignores criticism of its ballistic weapon tests"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3483465/Iran-fires-2-missiles-marked-Israel-wiped-out.html

As I said, it is not rhetoric, it is a direct threat.  Israel would be foolish to ignore it.

All the Best,

David

• Advanced Member
37 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

It is not rhetoric.

'Israel must be wiped out': Iran launches two missiles with threat written on them in Hebrew as the country ignores criticism of its ballistic weapon tests"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3483465/Iran-fires-2-missiles-marked-Israel-wiped-out.html

As I said, it is not rhetoric, it is a direct threat.  Israel would be foolish to ignore it.

All the Best,

David

Where's the actual writing on the missile David, I can't see it and I can't read hebrew either. And anyway, when Iran attacks Israel, we can have this discussion. If there is ever a war between these two countries, which I hope there isn't, Israel will start it, mark my words. Iran hasn't launched a direct attack on any country in ages and it will not, but if Israel attacks Iran, then yes, Iran will respond with venom. Israel has started many wars in its 70 years of existence. In any case, Israel has nuclear weapons and is not party to the NPT, violates IAEA resolutions and does not allow inspection of its nuclear sites, so it talking about Iran's threat is the epitome of hypocrisy. Rhetoric makes no difference, particularly when compared with Israel and the US, who are hell bent on wiping out another nation (Palestine) and they back it up with actions i.e. increased illegal settlements, subjecting Gazans to unbearable conditions through an illegal blockade, bombing rampages on Gaza every couple of years after wars claimed to be started by Hamas, even though sources say otherwise, bulldozing of homes, shooting Palestinians who throw rocks (armed struggle against soldiers subjecting you to a military occupation is justified under international law, shooting them for doing so isn't however), mass imprisonment of Palestinians who rise up and resist their situation, even peacefully and more recently, banning and imprisonment of journalists who report accurately on the situation on the ground. 

Edited by Mohamed1993