Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
.InshAllah.

Africa's youngest billionaire - AhlulBayt TV

I've never heard about him before, but just curious why Ahl Al Bayt T.V. would do a documentary about him ? For a billionaire to give 10 million dollars is not really a big deal. That's 1% of his wealth. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

10 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I've never heard about him before, but just curious why Ahl Al Bayt T.V. would do a documentary about him ? For a billionaire to give 10 million dollars is not really a big deal. That's 1% of his wealth. 

To be fair to him, that figure is how much he wants to give to the charity he is setting up, but in the video its clear he has given millions of pounds to the area he represents as an MP.  He doesnt say how much.  Also, $1.5billion is the value of his company, not the amount of cash he has to hand.  

I think the reason for the documentary is that (on the face of it at least) he is a very successful practicing Shia, who takes his faith seriously and is inspired by the Ahlul Bayt.

20 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

In east africa, the khoja community [shia ithnasheri] are strong and influential and many abtv donors and viewers are from that region of the world.

I think 10 million pounds is out of his expenditure. He may be worth over a billion, but that's his business [and that may not be his net worth, we don't know how much stake he has].

So he may be giving like more of a proportion.