Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Marijuana(Weed) Muslim FAQ

Rate this topic

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/21/2017 at 7:40 AM, Abu Hadi said:

Q: Is Marijuana Haram ? 

A: Yes. 

Q: Haram, according to every marjaa' 

A: Yes. [Mod Note: Excessively long quote was shortened in length.]

Thanks for this post, I once spoke to someone regarding this and they were saying weed should be halal because it's just a plant. But then I was skeptical because I personally know people that have used it and they become delusional and start imagining really weird things after. 

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Mod Note
  • Moderators

There are many OTC medications that offer benefits for this condition and they are not haram. There are also prescription medications, other than Marijuana. 

Like I said above, most physicians would agree that marijuana has little to no therapeutic value, except for very specific conditions. Menstrual cramps is not one of those conditions. 

• Advanced Member

I once saw a list of 60+ different scientific articles based on the effect marijuana has on cancer management. Wouldn't this purpose be acceptable? Personally I don't smoke it but if it works in that way wouldn't this be something scholars should discuss? If I can find it again, I'll post it.

• Veteran Member

An interesting article about Jesus and cannabis

Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett in the drugs magazine, High Times, entitled Was Jesus a Stoner? The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims.

It continues here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jan/06/science.religion

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 11/24/2020 at 1:03 AM, Guest wise man said:

Salamu alaykum

I do not smoke marijuana, but I have a friend who does. Is it haram to sit with him when he does? Should I exit the room until he is finished? 

Would love to hear your input.

Eventually, you will become like your friend or your friend will become like you. guard yourself and don't let peer pressure lead you to haram. maybe even distance yourself.