Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Enlightening Inspirations

Ahadith on children

Rate this topic

Ali (bin Ibrahim) from his father (Ibrahim bin Hashim) from Ibn Abi Umayr from Hammad (bin Uthman) from al-Halabiy from Abi Abdillah from his fatherعليه السلام  who said : ''verily, we order our children to pray when they are five years of age, so order your children to pray when they reach seven years of age, and we order our children to fast when they become seven years of age – with what strength they have for it – from the fast of a day – if it is to half a day or more than that or less, so, if they are overcome with thirst and hunger they are to break it – until they become used to fasting and have the strength for it, so order your children – if they are nine years of age – to fast – what they are capable of – from the fast of a day, so if the thirst overcomes them (they are to) break it.''

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “What prevents a believer from forming a family?! It might be that Allah may grant him some children who will bring value to the earth by [saying] ‘There is no god but Allah''

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “Seek and ask for a child, for it is the source of comfort and happiness of the heart ''

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “None of you should give up seeking to have a child, for when a person dies without having a child, his name will discontinue.”

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “A house that does not have children does not have blessings''

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “There is no child born in a family without the family gaining honor they did not previously enjoy.”

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “The scent of a child is a breeze from Paradise''

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “Verily, everything has a fruit, and the fruit of one’s heart is his child.”

al-Ash‘ath ibn Qays who said: “I went to the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) accompanied by the representatives of the tribe of Kindah and he asked me: “Do you have a child?” I answered: “At the time I left home to come to you, a boy was born to me from the daughter of Jadd۷ , but I wished that instead of that I could satiate my family.” The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: “Never say that, because in children is the comfort of the eye [if they stay alive] and they are the cause of reward if they are taken away. However, if you say that they are the cause of fear and sorrow then yes they are the cause of fear and sorrow''

Imam al Sajjad (a.s.) said: “A part of a man’s happiness is having a child who assists him.”

Imam al Kadhim (a.s.) said: “A person is happy that can see a successor (offspring) for himself before his death''

Ahadith on Children  - 1

الوَلَدُ للوالِدِ رَيحانَةٌ مِنَ اللهِ يَشَمُّها،(قَسَّمَها) بَينَ عِبادِهِ

The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: "A child for a father is a sweet-basil from Allah which he smells, and He has distributed it among His worshippers."

Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 104, page. 98, hadith. 68.

Facebook -  goo.gl/6a9ieX

telegram.me/Enlighteninginspiration

إنَّ الوَلَدَ الصّالِحَ رَيحانَةٌ مِن رَياحينِ الجَنَّةِ.
  The Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “A righteous child is indeed a flower from the flowers of Paradise.”

Man la Yahdhuruhu al-Faqih, vol. 3, page. 481, hadith. 4688.

البَنونَ نَعيمٌ، وَ البَناتُ حَسَناتٌ،
وَ اللهُ يَسألُ عَنِ النَّعيمِ، و يُثيبُ عَلَى الحَسَناتِ‏

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) is reported to have said: “Sons are bounties and daughters are rewards, and Allah asks about the bounties and recompenses for the rewards.”

al-Kafi, vol. 6, page. 7, hadith. 12

مَثَلُ الَّذي يَتَعلَّمُ في صِغَرِهِ كَالنَّقشِ فِي الحَجَرِ، ومَثَلُ الَّذي يَتَعلَّمُ في كِبَرِهِ كَالَّذي يَكتُبُ عَلَى الماءِ

The Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “Learning at a young age is like engraving on a stone; and the parable of him who learns when he is older, is like one who writes on water.”

Kanz al-Ummal, vol. 10, page. 249, hadith. 29336

إنَّ خَيرَ ما وَرَّثَ الآباءُ لِأَبنائِهِم الأَدَبُ
 لَا المالُ؛ فَإِنَّ المالَ يَذهبُ، والأَدَبَ يَبقى.

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) is reported to have said: “The best thing that fathers could leave for their children as inheritance is manners, not wealth, for wealth perishes but manners remain.”

al-Kafi, vol. 8, page. 150, hadith  132

قالَ لُقمانُ: يا بُنَيّ إن تَأدَّبتَ صَغيرا انتَفَعتَ بِهِ كَبيرا، و مَن عَنا بِالأَدَبِ اهتَمَّ بِهِ، و مَنِ اهتَمَّ بِهِ تَكَلَّفَ عِلمَهُ، و مَن تَكَلَّفَ عِلمَهُ اشتَدَّ لَهُ طَلَبُهُ، ومَنِ اشتَدَّ لَهُ
طَلَبُهُ أدرَكَ بِهِ مَنفَعَةً.

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) is reported to have said: Luqman said:
“O my child! If you are disciplined during your childhood, you will enjoy it when you grow old. He who cares about manners pays importance to it, and he who pays importance to it will strive for his knowledge, and he who strives for his knowledge will intense his seeking, and he whose seeking is intense will gain its advantages.”

Qisas al-Anbiya’, page. 194, hadith. 243

أدِّبوا أولادَكُم عَلى ثَلاثِ خِصالٍ: حُبِّ نَبِيِّكُم، وحُبِّ أهلِ بَيتِهِ، وعَلى قِراءَةِ القُرآنِ.
The Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “Train your children to have three qualities: Love for your Prophet, Love for his Household, and Love for the recitation of the Holy Qur’an.”

Kanz al-Ummal, vol. 16, page. 456, hadith. 45409.

في قَولِ اللهِ عزّ وجلِ: (قُوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ وَ أَهْلِيكُمْ ناراً)- قُلتُ: كَيفَ أقيهِم؟ قالَ: تَأمُرُهُم بِما أمَرَ اللهُ وتَنهاهُمُ عَمَّا نَهاهُمُ اللهُ، فَإن أطاعوكَ كُنتَ قَد وَقَيتَهُم، وإن عَصَوكَ كُنتَ قَد قَضَيتَ ما عَلَيكَ.
al-Kafi, narrated from Abu Basir: “[I asked Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.)] “about the words of Allah: “…Save yourselves and your families from a Fire…”al-Qur’an (66:6): I asked: “How can I save them?”

He replied: “Enjoin them to what Allah orders and forbid them from what Allah forbids. If they obey you, you have saved them, and if they disobey you, you have fulfilled your obligation.”

al-Kafi, vol. 5, page. 62, hadith. 2.

كونوا دُعاةً لِلنّاسِ بِغَيرِ ألسِنَتِكُم؛ لِيَرَوا مِنكُمُ الوَرَعَ وَالاجتِهادَ وَالصَّلاةَ وَالخَيرَ، فَإِنَّ ذلِكَ داعِيَةٌ

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) is reported to have said: “Be inviters to people by means other than your tongue, so that people see piety, diligence, prayer and goodness from you, for this is the correct way to invite.”

Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 70, page. 303, hadith. 13.

مَن نَصَبَ نَفسَهُ لِلنّاسِ إماماً فَليَبدَأ بِتَعليمِ نَفسِهِ قَبلَ تَعليمِ غَيرِهِ، وليَكُن تَأديبُهُ بِسيرَتِهِ قَبلَ تَأديبِهِ بِلِسانِهِ. ومُعَلِّمُ نَفسِهِ ومُؤَدِّبُها أَحَقُّ بِالإِجلالِ مِن مُعَلِّمِ النّاسِ ومُؤَدِّبِهِم

Imam ‘Ali (a.s.) is reported to have said: “He who appoints himself as the leader of people should begin by teaching himself before teaching others and he should discipline them through his actions before he disciplines them by his words. He who educates and disciplines his own self deserves more praise than the teacher and discipliner of others.”

Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 2, page. 56, hadith. 33.

إنَّ اللهَ لَيَرحَمُ العَبدَ لِشِدَّةِ حُبِّهِ لِوَلَدِهِ.

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) is reported to have said: “Allah will be merciful to His servant for his intense love to his child.”

Kitab Man la Yahdhuruhu al-Faqih, vol. 3, page. 482, hadith. 4695.

خَمسٌ لا أدَعُهُنَّ حَتَّى المَماتِ: الأكلُ عَلَى الحَضيضِ‏ مَعَ العَبيدِ، ورُكوبِيَ الحِمارَ
 مُؤَكَّفاً ، وحَلبُ العَنزِ بِيَدي، ولُبسُ الصّوفِ،  وَالتَّسليمُ عَلَى الصِّبيانِ لِتَكونَ سُنَّةً مِن بَعدِي.

The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “There are five things that I will never leave until my death: Eating on the ground with the slaves, riding on an unsaddled mount, milking the goat with my hands, wearing coarse woolen clothing and greeting the children – so that these [actions] may become a sunnah after me.”

‘Uyun Akhbar al-Ridha (a.s.), vol. 2, page. 81, hadith. 14

إنّ فِي الجَنَّةِ داراً يُقالُ لَها: دارُ الفَرَحِ،

لايَدخُلُها إلّا مَن فَرَّحَ يَتامَى المُؤمِنينَ.

The Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “There is a house
in Heaven which is called [the house of] happiness and no one
will enter it except he who brings happiness to the
orphans of the believers.”

Kanz al-Ummal, vol. 3, page. 170, hadith. 6008

اعدِلُوا بَينَ أولادِكُم في النُّحلِ، كَما تُحِبُّونَ أن يَعدِلوا بَينَكُم فِي البِرِّ وَاللُّطفِ.

The Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “Be just between your children when granting things to them
in the same manner that you would like them to be just
with you in obedience and kindness.”

Makarim al-Akhlaq, vol. 1, page. 473, hadith. 1624

اعدِلُوا بَينَ أولادِكُم في النُّحلِ، كَما تُحِبُّونَ أن يَعدِلوا بَينَكُم فِي البِرِّ وَاللُّطفِ.

The Prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “Be just between your children when granting things to them
in the same manner that you would like them to be just
with you in obedience and kindness.”

Makarim al-Akhlaq, vol. 1, page. 473, hadith. 1624