Islandsandmirrors

Post Your Voices!

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, Marbles said:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nrsRCwxYxs

I couldn't find a decent mic/headphone, so had to record into the laptop. Sounds like I'm speaking from inside the well. Oh well!

@Heavenly_Silk your turn.

Oh wow. Now you are a grown up man. Last we spoke over phone I guess it was 2007. 10 years ago. Haha. 

5 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Interesting thoughts. Any idea how to overcome say, pursuing a goal despite having a disappointment?

If i wanted to get one thing done, but for weeks or months had issues really getting into it, and faced obstacles, how can i mentally overcome it and do that, be it in a job or education or an interest?

You can reply via vocaroo if it is best.

1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

@notme I think we'd all love to know what your voice is like! :) 

Go on YouTube and search "Appalachian accent" and that will sound a bit like me except I chose words like a book. So imagine reading a book by Carl Sagan out loud with an Appalachian accent, and that's precisely me. :)

And that's precisely why I don't want to share my voice. 

3 minutes ago, notme said:

Go on YouTube and search "Appalachian accent" and that will sound a bit like me except I chose words like a book. So imagine reading a book by Carl Sagan out loud with an Appalachian accent, and that's precisely me. :)

And that's precisely why I don't want to share my voice. 

I think Ozark-like accents are cool. :) 

18 minutes ago, notme said:

Thanks. Mine is less pronounced than that. I'm the off camera adult voice here.

awwh :) 

And you sound like a normal american , like those folks that work for NASA.

28 minutes ago, ErikCartman said:

Here we go Surah Nas. Neither is Arabic nor English my first language but yea.

Eric, could you do a nasheed for us?

This one if possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_2cFityc4

Edited by uponthesunnah

37 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Interesting thoughts. Any idea how to overcome say, pursuing a goal despite having a disappointment?

If i wanted to get one thing done, but for weeks or months had issues really getting into it, and faced obstacles, how can i mentally overcome it and do that, be it in a job or education or an interest?

You can reply via vocaroo if it is best.

I will reply as soon as I can on the matter through vocaroo once I collect my thoughts. :) Prepare for rambling. :) 

41 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I will reply as soon as I can on the matter through vocaroo once I collect my thoughts. :) Prepare for rambling. :) 

No problem sister, i am sure we can all benefit from the insight and advice.

If possible, could you also expand on how one can be consistent in their life? Often in life, it's not the big battles we lose, but the daily little battles. When we skip that work out, or fail to be consistent and do things 4/7 times rather than six or seven out of seven.

No pressure though. I feel many of us can relate to having enormous pressure put on us.

3 hours ago, uponthesunnah said:

careful brother, this might be shirk.

The conservative behavior of religious Dawah wannabe never does fail to surprise me. Just because I don't sport a cleric in my DP it never does mean either that I have any less religious knowledge than you. 

You are on my ignore list since that naray Haideri thread ... please stop replying me. 

Edited by ErikCartman

1 minute ago, Marbles said:

I didn't realise it was so long ago! 

Time flies...

Actually I only could recall it was 2007, because when I had your call, I was driving a new Car that I had just bought it was 2007 model. Therefore I could exactly recall what year it was.